Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Kalaneya said:
    To be honest, I don't know enough about the flavour to know what is going to happen with the appearance of my attack when I duel. I really only chose that attack because at the time, I was being accused of being Ratatta and it had Reimu's name in it. I thought that might bolster my case of not being Ratatta. As far as, did I know I would win? I didn't know that either, but I figured I had a decent chance with the +2 challenger bonus. It's a good card.
    Ah, so that was a card, then? Alright.

You know, I do find this confusion I have with you rather amusing, on the side. Those big tails can get easy to mix up.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I am pretty confused. I need to look deeper at the wiki I think. I'm not even 100% on my own character's info, ha.

I don't know where to cast my suspicion. I am curious about Synkarin and his carefully worded 'not masquerading as', which maybe I'm being paranoid, but seems to be a way of answering without answering. I don't know. I've got nothing.

• I don't really have much to contribute. A lot of discussion has happened in the last 24 hours with the focus shifting between multiple people but it seemed like every time I looked at the thread a whole discussion had been finished and the focus had already gone to another person.

I don't believe that Ileein is a good lynch right now just because if he is telling the truth then Ratatoskr will likely benefit if we lynch him. Tamashi dodging attempts at getting more information out of him and his (in)convenient inability to get reads on certain people had me suspicious if only because of Lynch All Liars, but the fact that he has been able to name at least some of his targets makes me believe him for now. If I had to pick any one person to lynch right now it would be Yarith because of his role, but without any more substantial information at this time I'm leaning towards not lynching him either.
  • Othero said:
    And that's why I'm not voting for you. 

Anyways, I'm back to Vote: Ileein

I believe that Tamashi is telling the truth about their ability. But I didn't understand at first why they only saw Pollux but didn't know anything about the other outsiders. Unless Ileein is Rat who will show as the most useful thing, whatever he says he is. Which makes this a really good attempt at a play. I think Rat only works once played like Vivet. Our alarms would go off the second we got a weird message. I also think your win is to either lynch or kill the other outsiders so getting us on a witch hunt right away was a smart move.
    What. This is dumb. I have already been confirmed by Tamashi, who is being dodgy but has managed to identify enough people to prove their power.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • Oh, I see what you're suggesting. In that case, still no, sorry. That's way more of a stretch than I'm being completely straightforward and honest about everything-- which is a tendency of mine people can attest to. And which I will continue to display moving forward. Sheesh.
  • Checking in again.

I also don't have much to contribute. I am also suspicious of Ileein, but mostly because he stands out the most. I mean, we have all these claims that we can't verify, other than his name is Pollux.

Also, what's the benefit of keeping 3rd party around? I mean, we don't have any leads on the Mafia, so might as well not kill Town?

Anyway, I agree with Vivet. The likely existence of a coroner makes killing people a source of information. We also don't know what will result when someone is stumped, and perhaps the coroner report? Actually, I would personally be fine with being stumped, since my ability and spell cards don't seem that important/useful.
  • Melali said:
    Also, what's the benefit of keeping 3rd party around? I mean, we don't have any leads on the Mafia, so might as well not kill Town?
    The only investigative power you can be sure won't get ganked or converted at night?  o:)
    @Ileein If you make it to the next night, but are unsure of investigation targets, my suggestions would be Synkarin, Lavinya, or Sylandra at this time. You obviously don't need to consider my suggestions, but if I were in your shoes I would pick among them.

I feel like it is acceptable to leave Kalaneya alone for the time being, and suspect Yarith might be valuable enough to want to hang onto a while longer as well.

If you find Siam being blocked from action last night overly suspicious and wish to explore that via lynch, then go ahead and take that course. If that makes you uncomfortable, go ahead and vote on me. I think I've already done a good job of arguing for some of the strategic merits to this, and in addition to that, I'm probably the one player who will be most comfortable and at ease with being a stump.

Else, all I will say is I am just not going to accept a No Lynch for today.

If you want a better plan of action, then start hammering it out now.

(Side note: did anyone else wager on abilities and lose access to them for the night besides me? It would be useful to confirm if this happened for anyone else before allowing night to fall. Pretty sure all other wagers were resilience/spellcards, however, unless my memory is failing me).
  • Ileein said:
    Melali said:
    The only investigative power you can be sure won't get ganked or converted at night?  o:)
    I know you said you were nightkill immune, but are you saying that you know you can't get converted at night and thus can confirm the existence of a cult?
  • Kalaneya said:
    Ileein said:
    Melali said:
    I know you said you were nightkill immune, but are you saying that you know you can't get converted at night and thus can confirm the existence of a cult?
    Hm, no, you're correct that my immunity doesn't explicitly state immunity to conversions. However, unlike town's, it also doesn't say that I begin as town or anything, my win condition is my win condition.
  • Not really sure how I'm being dodgy, I was doing my best to give the information I could with what I got. I'm sorry if I didn't know it was going to have some faults to it, it's not exactly listed that way. If I knew it wasn't an all naming ability, I probably wouldn't have said anything because it's only caused confusion. But if we're going to have to have a stump so that we can move on - Melali and Vivet sort of volunteered, but what about Breandryn? No spellcards, no supposed abilities that they've listed. I'm not saying it out of suspicion, but if we're under the impression that stumps are more beneficial then no lynch, why not start there?
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    What's the vote count? Has it changed significantly?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Nope, there's probably one or two people with a single vote on them still.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Vivet said:
    @Ileein If you make it to the next night, but are unsure of investigation targets, my suggestions would be Synkarin, Lavinya, or Sylandra at this time. You obviously don't need to consider my suggestions, but if I were in your shoes I would pick among them.

I feel like it is acceptable to leave Kalaneya alone for the time being, and suspect Yarith might be valuable enough to want to hang onto a while longer as well.

If you find Siam being blocked from action last night overly suspicious and wish to explore that via lynch, then go ahead and take that course. If that makes you uncomfortable, go ahead and vote on me. I think I've already done a good job of arguing for some of the strategic merits to this, and in addition to that, I'm probably the one player who will be most comfortable and at ease with being a stump.

Else, all I will say is I am just not going to accept a No Lynch for today.

If you want a better plan of action, then start hammering it out now.

(Side note: did anyone else wager on abilities and lose access to them for the night besides me? It would be useful to confirm if this happened for anyone else before allowing night to fall. Pretty sure all other wagers were resilience/spellcards, however, unless my memory is failing me).
    At risk of outing myself, I will say that when I get roleblocked at the same night I try to use my powers, I will temporarily lose my ability and the item I'm apparently known for using at least until I find my item again. And no - I did not use my ability last night because I knew for sure that my wanton dueling was bound to attract attention and I was correct! 

Can stumped people still use their abilities after a lynch?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Stumps should, by definition, only be able to talk. No powers, no vote.
    (Bedtime for me, too)
  • Yep, I quoted Kira about this earlier, they are for all purposes dead.
  • Personally, I see one very nice perk with stumping (which may or may not be overshadowed by not giving any details): Investigators no longer have to worry about being killed before they reveal who they investigated and their results. If they're killed during the night, they can easily just go "Oh, huh, well I investigated x, y and z".
  • At this point I'm willing to vote for Ileein or Siam, but I think we only really gain information from lynching Ileein.

Btw, who informed us that Ileein was blocked?
  • I believe it was @Othero but I'm not sure as to if it was an implied cause for Ileein's sudden claim or if it was a claim at being a role blocker.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Not a whole lot to go on, but I'd agree with @Vivet that we likely should lynch someone. While we likely won't see a full reveal, if we have a stump investigator/coroner, they'll need a body to test on. Delaying that means delaying the possibility of more information being revealed about what we're facing.

So while the confusion over just what non-native meant was likely and even reasonable, since @Kalaneya did say that she double-checked with Kiradawea that she counted as non-native, and the bit of weirdness with her duel ending with a physical punch rather than how others have seemed to be resolved with magical power, I'll

Vote Kalaneya

(I absolutely get that this is tenuous and reading into your conversation with Kiradawea/spellcard duel too much, but we've got to vote on some basis!)
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Though a question for @Ileein

You said lynching Ratatoskr removes you both from the game, was that right? No needing to hang around for Hakurei shrine to be repaired like for Yarith/Shu needed to return home?
  • Hmm, good point about the physical punch.

Kalaneya, I challenge you to a duel of activity! Let's see what other spell cards might reveal. I will use the sunspark!
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Didn't Kalaneya lose a match?
  • Weiwae said:
    At this point I'm willing to vote for Ileein or Siam, but I think we only really gain information from lynching Ileein.

Btw, who informed us that Ileein was blocked?
    I said so myself.
    Ushaara said:
    Though a question for @Ileein

You said lynching Ratatoskr removes you both from the game, was that right? No needing to hang around for Hakurei shrine to be repaired like for Yarith/Shu needed to return home?
    That's correct, once Ratatoskr is gone, I'm free to leave. I'm a lot more magically powerful than Shu is, apparently.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    ((Elena)That tracks. The Church wanted a highly skilled and useful tool. Shu's client just wanted a pet.(/Elena))
    I think my brain is still not braining. Either way, are we trying to force a full role reveal on the whole town at this point. For the record, I didn't do anything last night, in case it was me being watched last night. I'm awesome, but even I need my beauty sleep.
    Kalaneya lost both of her matches involving Zigzag Circle Slash, but won against Tamashi with Here Comes Reimu. Pretty sure this will be her fourth for this day now.

And I really don't think everyone needs to claim what they've been up to just yet - I just pitched what I knew and other people decided that was insufficient.

• I thought if you lose...you're done dueling for the day?
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Only if there's a wager involved. Exhibitions don't count.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Surprised last words haven't factored in yet. Would have expected them to, but I guess wagers haven't been as prevalent as exhibition matches.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I know mine can only be used a couple of times, don't want to waste it. Not that I lose.