Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• Weiwae said:
    My ability is to investigate spellcards at night and then copy spell cards when I win a duel.
    Out of curiosity, what info do you get out of the spellcards? Do you just get told their names, or do you get their power, type and cooldown as well?
  • I do not recall Synkarin making a power claim.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Oh, I totally missed Weiwae's role power claim. Gah, I better reread again just to make sure I'm not missing vital things.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Ileein said:
    Luce said:
    Hmm...Ileein, you think you might've been redirected? Or were you allowed to choose Synkarin yourself?
    Hmm? No, I chose to investigate Synkarin. The kind of odd unfocusedness about whether or not they were in fact Cirno caused me a little bit of suspicion, but I am now at peace regarding that issue.  :)

Fear not, Rat-god can't hide forever. Especially if the looming threat of the potential cult can be beaten back.

@Ileein I'm curious, why didn't you target Celina last night? Synkarin was already a pretty confirmed persona at this state in the game; you knew for certain he wasn't Ratatoskr, at least.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    @Weiwae a quick question, if you would. Does your win condition involve the town winning, or does it involve the 'Reimu's Coming' card being obtained successfully, at which point you'll be removed from the game dropping town's numbers by one?
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    Oh, yeah. @Weiwae If you are curious about Falmiis, I'm am very certain he is likely to be Shinki. Failing that, Sariel is also an option, but is a more nebulous character on the whole.
    Awww, Vivet, I thought I had pieced the pieces together so well. Were my options within the realm of possibility?

Those are all winged, but Falmiis specifically displayed six white wings. That's pretty rare.

• Sylandra said:
    Ileein said:
    Luce said:
    Hmm...Ileein, you think you might've been redirected? Or were you allowed to choose Synkarin yourself?
    Hmm? No, I chose to investigate Synkarin. The kind of odd unfocusedness about whether or not they were in fact Cirno caused me a little bit of suspicion, but I am now at peace regarding that issue.  :)

Fear not, Rat-god can't hide forever. Especially if the looming threat of the potential cult can be beaten back.

@Ileein I'm curious, why didn't you target Celina last night? Synkarin was already a pretty confirmed persona at this state in the game; you knew for certain he wasn't Ratatoskr, at least.
    I was honestly a little suspicious; I knew Celina is a good player and I generally would trust them not to be so bloody obvious in chainsawing me. Call targeting Synkarin a poor strategic decision if you like, I've been sort of short on time and energy the past several days so I didn't have much thought to devote to mafia.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • Tremula said:
    @Weiwae a quick question, if you would. Does your win condition involve the town winning, or does it involve the 'Reimu's Coming' card being obtained successfully, at which point you'll be removed from the game dropping town's numbers by one?
    I win when the threats to the Hakure shrine are removed.  My role says that Reimu is a friend so I thought there would be something useful about having that card. It's also pretty powerful :)

Vivet said:
    Oh, yeah. @Weiwae If you are curious about Falmiis, I'm am very certain he is likely to be Shinki. Failing that, Sariel is also an option, but is a more nebulous character on the whole.
    Knowing name options tells me nothing :) Are both of those characters likely to support or not support the rebuilding of the Hakure shrine?  I.e. are my abilities actually useful to helping town find scum, or are they just giving me an amazing edge in spellcard duels?
    @Tremula Hahaha, don't worry about it too much! It's a lot to take in, and those PC-98 characters can be a lot more difficult to tag if you haven't played those games. There's no where near as much fan art, etc.

My bad, though. It was six "brilliant" wings, and the danmaku used was chiefly white. I still stand on my conclusion. Page 15, for reference.

@Weiwae Hard to say. There's a lot less exposition/development with these characters, especially Sariel. I'd be way more worried about a Sariel option than a Shinki one.

@Vivet I'll get my due when the Homestuck game comes up. I will shine like a diamond.

Ileein said:
    Sylandra said:
    Ileein said:
    Luce said:

I was honestly a little suspicious; I knew Celina is a good player and I generally would trust them not to be so bloody obvious in chainsawing me. Call targeting Synkarin a poor strategic decision if you like, I've been sort of short on time and energy the past several days so I didn't have much thought to devote to mafia.
    I'm always suspicious of third parties who don't play to their win condition! If anything, it looks like you were trying to score pro-townie points, which... I get, to an extent, but it doesn't match up with what's best for you to succeed. Which means either you're trying to curry favor with the townies, or your win condition is something other than what you've described.

Hm, hm, hm. As you might suspect, this means I devote entirely too much time to thinking about mafia. :innocent:
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Hi! Nope I'm not Hijiri! But apparently I'm somewhat connected to her! I'm not sure if she's in the game, though. Breadcrumbs breadcrumbs!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Synkarin said:
    If Tamashi is banned - does that mean we can flip him?
    No. His role information will still remain hidden. The reason I didn't flip him earlier stands.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Someone mentioned Luce's on-win effect. Of course it's up to himself how often he wants to duel but yeah, nothing screamed scummy about it. Especially with the fact that I learned what it did to me too, unlike the one-sided information gains of dueling others have.

I'll say I also found Synkarin an odd choice for Ileein's investigation, when his more immediate threat is Ratatoskr. Verifying claims is valid sure, but Synkarin's bluff and test of Tamashi seemed pretty solid as it was. 
    Was Tamashi able to convert Synkarin, though? Can anyone clarify the mechanics of Tamashi's conversion powers if I missed it out please.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Alright, without revealing too much let's just say I'm fairly confident that there is an arsonist at play.
    Hmm. @Breandryn (you're Rinnosuke right?) is the appearance of your ad in today's flavour post related to any action you took?
  • @Ushaara The newspaper ad was just me taking an opportunity to share a silly touhou related youtube video. It is unrelated to any power and roles.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • I couldn't sleep tonight, so here's that google doc for duels. It should be editable by anybody.
    Lehki said:
    I couldn't sleep tonight, so here's that google doc for duels. It should be editable by anybody.
    I straight up had dreams about this mafia game. My addiction is so real.
    Daraius said:
    Still very confused by the "I think there's an arsonist" without any support.

I'll also admit I found Synkarin's behaviour rather strange yesterday, right up until explaining it was to try and force a test of Tamashi. I guess Ileein was still feeling extra paranoid on that count? Hmm.

And if Siam isn't Hijiri, then that will shift around a bit of my theorycrafting, though not too much. I'm still sure he's a UFO character, especially eyeballing that "Jewels of the Virtuous Saint" that got flung around on page 2 but got lost under the avalanche of other challenge requests.

Do UFO characters have any negative connotation?
    Daraius said:
    Nooope. Not a UFO.

#bringShikariback 

Would be amusing if Siam was Minoriko Aki. Potato spell cards etc.
    Daraius said:
    Sylandra said:
    Do UFO characters have any negative connotation?
    Nah, just a specific game and is merely an abbreviation for the title (which is totally intentional, since UFOs are a theme in the game's mechanics).
    On the arsonist question, I'm wondering if Kiradawea would make them unmarked? Wasn't there one in the chimaera game that activated late? Was there night time indication of one there? It -could- potentially explain why we haven't had any nightkills yet though. :?
    Mmmm, well, the chimaera mafia game had an arsonist who never got to use their ability. Enyalida got lynched for lurking before she could do damage. So who knows really how much notice we will get, but--it would be somewhat bastardly for a mod not to give some nod that you'd been targeted by an arsonist.
    Daraius said: