The Elder Wars Mafia! Morgfyre and Malmydia Win! (Lavinya/Ushaara)

Comments

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    And I'm going to go out on a limb and say if someone is willing to die to have their flip prove they're town, they're probably town.
  • It would be silly not to save yourself.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I suppose the question is, does the power activate by posting in this thread, or by PMing the mod? Because if it activated by PMing the mod AND we get no clear indication of how the lynch failed, that does sound pretty sus when Breandryn has such a similar power we just witnessed.

At the same time, Aslarn is a nameclaim that can be countered if there is some other Aslarn. If no one's going to step up and claim Aslarn, seems sensible to use the power.

• It's by PM. And @Phoebus I could just be bluffing the willingness to die. Question is do you guys think I'm that clever.

Anyway I wanna keep playing still so I'll see you guys tomorrow.
  • Phoebus said:
    And I'm going to go out on a limb and say if someone is willing to die to have their flip prove they're town, they're probably town.

who says he's willing to die? He has 6 hours in which he could comfortably bluff
  • My power activated by posting in the thread. The activation words are bolded. I just PM'd Sylvanus for clarification on how it worked.

Also this game is the most amazing ever
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Did Silvanus account for all the powers and claims being made on day two is the question.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Yomoigu said:
    Phoebus said:

who says he's willing to die? He has 6 hours in which he could comfortably bluff
    Claiming a name straight-up is a pretty ballsy move that lends him credibility. While it's not impossible that he was given a safe claim to use by Silvanus, this seems legit enough to me. I mean, he also could've also just claimed he has daykill immunity that we didn't give him a chance to tell us about, not said anything about limited time only, and secretly sent in the order. But he's being up front about the limitation.

Of course there's the possibility that he is daykill immune and just lying about the governor thing but I think that would be really weird!
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I rather expected him to be Nocht, with a post restriction.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Silvanus's immunities strike again. #LosAlamos #NeverForget

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Half inclined to vote Selenity for picking two random people to lynch in those whole game who are both lynch immune. What are the actual odds of that.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Ok, in the interest of pragmatism and sanity/further absurdity:

Is Lehki's power a day ender, or is this like Breandryn where it retroactively keeps the day going? Because if it is, I think we have until some time tomorrow to finish? Totally enough time to get another train going.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
    If it's a governor power I assume the day continues? We need @Silvanus to clarify though.
    Daraius said:
  • He said it was activated during twilight. I don't think we can go back twilight after day.
    Breandryn said:
    He said it was activated during twilight. I don't think we can go back twilight after day.
    I'd agree with you but... we already did with your power. >_>
    Daraius said:
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I will have a day ending post when I get to a computer

Note  Breandryn's continued the day because it was a power activated by posting and outing yourself, this power ends the day because it was done by PM. That is my rule for all powers that have twilight abilities going forward in case you are unsure.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    Sylandra said:
    Half inclined to vote Selenity for picking two random people to lynch in those whole game who are both lynch immune. What are the actual odds of that.
    I'm tapping out of picking people for lynching from now on if Lehki's telling the truth and isn't actually Soulless or third-party.
    Yeah, no offense but you suck at picking people to lynch :/
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Shaddus said:
    Yeah, no offense but you suck at picking people to lynch :/
    No disagreements here.

At least I'm kind of friendly? Do I have that going for me at least?  :)
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I think you're pretty cool.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Phoebus said:
    Yomoigu said:
    Phoebus said:

Claiming a name straight-up is a pretty ballsy move that lends him credibility. While it's not impossible that he was given a safe claim to use by Silvanus, this seems legit enough to me. I mean, he also could've also just claimed he has daykill immunity that we didn't give him a chance to tell us about, not said anything about limited time only, and secretly sent in the order. But he's being up front about the limitation.

Of course there's the possibility that he is daykill immune and just lying about the governor thing but I think that would be really weird!
      I had a plan to try fake claiming just being day immune if it ever looked like I was going to be lynched, to try and save my power without revealing it was governor, but that lynch train moved so fast.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    (Meant to do this at night, and sorry if this breaks any rules, Silvanus, but wanted to let people know if night ends before the weekend's up, I may be slow to respond until Monday afternoon/evening EST. Will be out of town)
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    edited March 2017
    Rise of the Vernal Gods

Aeons passed as the mortal races were hunted, slowly and cruelly, to extermination. Civilizations rose and fell to the rhythm of the Soulless Gods' feasts.

During one such lull, an eventrian known as Gorob became perhaps the most famous of all mortals. He devised the creation of the Edifices of Power from which mortals could fan the spark of their own divinity and rise to godhood themselves, challenging the Soulless.

Though Gorob was the first Vernal God to rise, he could not save his precious home city and suffered a defeat by Illith. After that, Gorob wandered Lusternia, and the mortal people he visited variously fled from his might or flocked to him as their savior. In the ancient tongue, he became known as Gorob d'Varsha, which meant Gorob the Teacher. As the decades passed, the name of Gorob was forgotten, and so came to be D'varsha, first of the Vernal Gods.

"That doesn't seem right, I thought Crazen destroyed Gorob's home city? Oh well, perhaps we recorded history wrong, the histories did have Fain as the lead traitor, but we know they were wrong now."

Meridian the Wise - Xeii

"Why do you persist? Amberle has been long gone, but each day you act as if it is your penance to remain here with me. Why don't you splinter. Are your memories so important?"

"Do you wish to forget?" I asked

"No! Why would I want to? I have no desire to give up my identity, to never again have the sense of who I am . Perhaps it is cowardice. To want to hold on to this perspective that is myself. And lose it for what? Perhaps to become a mortal race, to subsume my identity among the many shards. Do you yearn to forget, Meridian?"

"I do and I don't," I said "I wish to forget the pain but all that is left of my love for Amberle is my memories of us together."

Elders: You win with the town when all Soulless are defeated.

The Last Elder (DOCTOR): The screams of your love Amberle still ring to this day and for all of eternity. You will never know peace away from her, yet that is all that is left and you can never forget. You will vigilantly stand guard and protect all those you hold dear. You may protect one person every night.

Fain, of the Red Masque - Vivet

Rising up before Fain, who glared at him, Krokano passed his hand in front of Fain's face. Fain's face shimmered and the mask reappeared. There were murmurs from the audience. Did Krokano just put the mask back on Fain?

"It is his face that is an illusion," said Krokano. "This mask is not a mask but his true face. Look upon true face of Fain!"

"Your outer form reflects your inner self now," said Mysrai. "A fascinating and oddly poetic side effect."

"It is a small price to pay!" yelled Fain. "We did all we did to win the war against the Soulless! And we almost succeeded! Banish us now and you will doom all of creation!"

Twelve Traitors: They will brand us as traitors if we fail, but we are the only hope for survival against the Soulless. The Soulless will not stop until we stop them, and we are the only ones able to stop them. They have betrayed us by denying us our only chance at victory. You may exchange messages freely during the night with other members of your group.

Traitors: You win when all Soulless are defeated and the rest of the Elders pose no threat (have a majority over town). 

Forbidden Elixir: The other traitors have kept this for themselves.

Disruption Field: A one time use, you can protect yourself in a disruption field to send a limited amount of messages during the next day phase.

With 17 alive, it takes 9 to lynch!

Day 3 will end on Saturday, 3/18, 9 AM American Eastern

2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Ok, I think the most interesting thing here is Fain:

We now know that the traitors are an alignment. Forbidden Elixir sounds like it remained hidden because some other traitor inherited it. It might have been a recruitment ability, it might not have been.

So my burning question, now that we know a historical traitor can be hostile to the town: Do we want to lynch Ushaara now to confirm that they are not inherently hostile? I think figuring that out became a little more pressing.

Pending reports from people, of course. There's no need to be hasty, although I'd like to be a little bit hastier than last time in the hope of actually getting a lynch through.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Damn, now that's interesting.

I'm guessing the Forbidden Elixir is a cult recruit power, and Fain was the original member, but even with him gone they can continue to recruit? Possible they are just a secondary Mafia to the soulless group and hiding the elixir effect is just to throw us off. Now I can get behind lynching Ushara just for being Malmydia, if we don't have something better to go after today.

Also hey we found the Disruption Field.
  • No mention of recruitment, and a canonical traitor.

@Ushaara?
    VOTE:USHAARA