The Elder Wars Mafia! Morgfyre and Malmydia Win! (Lavinya/Ushaara)

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'm Mugwumpois, and our investigator. First night, I followed Sylandra and she "disappeared into thin air" in the Northern Wastes. Apparently, she has a power that makes her poof if she's targetted, and it also lets her know who targetted her. I can't think of anyone else she could be. 

Also, last night Yomoigu apparently jailed or otherwise isolated someone.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ok.... now that everyone important has been outed, is there any reason not to do a mass role claim at this point?
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Ah, well that would likely explain Selenity's survival.
    Unvote
    I'll be happy to switch to Sylandra/Portius.
    Yeah, our protector and a handful of not as important people should probably not out themselves, to keep me alive while I check out Othero, Selenity, and others.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Shaddus said:
    Yeah, our protector and a handful of not as important people should probably not out themselves, to keep me alive while I check out Othero, Selenity, and others.
    If anyone tries to kill me it'll take them a couple of times to manage.

If Yomoigu was the one to protect me last night...

... thank you! But you needn't worry about protecting me for now.
  • I know from Jailing Othero last night that he is from the 1st circle. Don't waste an investigation on him.
    And there goes my Dracnoris theory :(
  • So many death protection things in this game. 

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Wait a second, something is fishy here....

I misread the flavour text. It says that when the First circle left mount Dynara I knew the perfect way to trap Othero, and I kept him on the peak.  This sounds a lot like what happened to Selenity?

With Xeii, I trapped her on an outer cosmic plane.
  • Weiwai said:
    Wait a second, something is fishy here....

I misread the flavour text. It says that when the First circle left mount Dynara I knew the perfect way to trap Othero, and I kept him on the peak.  This sounds a lot like what happened to Selenity?

Yeah, we had really similar things happen to us. Also your sniffer is broken, I'm Dracnoris. Not part of the first circle.
  • Shaddus said:
    @Yomigu, what did you do last night?
    Kept Selenity alive, apparently, though that was incidental to my plan. I'd rather not explain everything I can do yet if it can be avoided, and am kind of annoyed at being outed with no provocation.
    Yomoigu said:
    Shaddus said:
    Kept Selenity alive, apparently, though that was incidental to my plan. I'd rather not explain everything I can do yet if it can be avoided, and am kind of annoyed at being outed with no provocation.
    The game is kind of winding down. Would you rather I have left you up in the air as to whether you're town or not?
  • This game is winding down?
  • Yeah... Not sure how you got that impression. And either way, why would you reveal Yomoigu when there is essentially no suspicion against him (well, no more than anyone else, anyway)?
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I'm a little confused. Is it possible there is a busdriver? Or am I misunderstanding? 

• No, I don't think it's a busdriver. Selenity and I were both jailed in very similar fashions but we were both jailed.
    @Selenity are you First Circle?

Weiwae jails Othero bussed to Selenity
    Yomo isolates Selenity bussed to Othero?

Bit of a bizarre fluke if that's what happened.

Ushaara said:
    @Selenity are you First Circle?

Weiwae jails Othero bussed to Selenity
    Yomo isolates Selenity bussed to Othero?

Bit of a bizarre fluke if that's what happened.

I exist outside of / above the circles, but I am an elder. As I also said before, if I was speaking in character, I'd be using "we" instead of "I".
    Weiwae said:
    Wait a second, something is fishy here....

How I'm reading the First Circle confusion:

End of day post was First Circle convening meeting. Power fluff mentions First Circle leave and meeting ends.
    -> This does not mean Othero is First Circle.

After First Circle leave, Weiwae jails Othero
    -> No extra info gained on Othero.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Ushaara said:
    Oh my gosh, Sylandra might be Traitor Manteekan? No wonder she's so keen to off me and establish her own towniness. Haha.
    I am not Manteekan or a Traitor. I am a commune god however.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Oh lord posts keep coming. Didn't realize there was another page. Okay, to answer further accusations.

I'm Hoaracle the Forest Dreamer. Reclusive Triumvirate member. This is why I was rough on Weiwae for his claim that Shaddus was Jadice and a mason, there is no Triumvirate Mason group. It is also a reason I am so hung up on offing Traitors.

Shaddus is more or less correct about my power. He targeted me Night 1.

So that's that for now.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Yomoigu said:
    Shaddus said:
    Slightly in a similar boat with Shaddus choosing to reveal a large part of my abilities. Severely limits them. Felt pointless, honestly.

@Shaddus what's your reasoning here? And do you think it's odd that @Luce is also an investigator?
    Daraius said:
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    The impression I got when I poked Mugowumpis was tracker, but I guess investigator makes sense too. I think we may be yin-and-yang here. I get the role name and a hint of the power, She gets the role's power and enough to make an educated guess at the name?
  • I think Selenity is claiming to be the Fates?

• Update:

Claims as far as I can tell:

1. Sylandra  - Hoaracle, goes poof

3. Lavinya - (didn't see town win condition cause it was typoed /missing)

4. Luce - Xyl, knows things.

5. Fyler- ?

6. Ssaliss - ?

7. Lehki - Aslaran - prevent lynch

8. Breandryn - Clangorum - shopkeeper

10. Dylara - ?

11. Ushaara - Malmydia - claims town

13. Phoebus - ? 

14. Selenity - lots of kill immunities, Knows that shards are a thing somewhere.

15. Portius - ? 

16. Yomoigu - Jailor 2? 

17. Shaddus - Mugwumpious - investigator type, talks too much.

18. Othero - Dracnoris, Can spot soulless activity

19. Tremula - ?

20. Weiwae - Roark, Jailor

I don't feel like anyone who is talking is lying at this point.
    Lehki said:
    I think Selenity is claiming to be the Fates?

• Yeah really at this point we probably should just force at least a name claim from everybody. 
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Lehki said:
    Yeah really at this point we probably should just force at least a name claim from everybody. 

I have a power that targets based on role name rather than player name. I don't know if I'm the only one with a power like this or not, but it's enough to make me wary of encouraging people to claim names.

I believe this will explain why I'm so very eager to know if being a canon traitor role is equivalent to being in the traitor faction or not.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
    ...Selenity why did you claim. Was anyone pressuring you? Guys. :(

vote Ushaara to stop useless claiming
    Daraius said:
    Sylandra said:
    ...Selenity why did you claim. Was anyone pressuring you? Guys. :(

vote Ushaara to stop useless claiming
    Ushaara was pressuring me before, yes. Also I believe Phoebus has voted for me too? My terrible claiming day 2 made people think I'm a baddie. Well, when it comes to picking targets, yes, I'm terrible, but I'm town. Dx