Daily Credits Coming Soon!

18910111214»

Comments

• Devora said:
    @Orael, would you mind adding pilgrims/scholars/bards to https://forums.lusternia.com/discussion/3556/daily-credit-information?

Are only hunting, influencing, domoths, and comm quests based on ticks?
    Added - I knew I'd forget something.

Assisting/Killing supermobs is based on ticks as well. I believe that is it.
  • I'm liking daily credits. Getting 20 is doable in a few hours from bashing and quests and it's been good motivation both to try new ones and have another go at ones I did ages ago.
  • I don't even try for 20. I get about 10 pretty quick then move on to what I came to do. That works for me.
  • I assume this is an unintended consequence. As a non-demigod due to the combination of laziness and long absence, the daily credit ranks now actually disincentives me from pushing for demigod. I'm not going to purposely lose xp or anything, but there seems to be little point to me using xp boosts and getting there fast, when I can just slowly creep towards it by hunting and questing just enough to get me my credits each day. For half the work demigods put in. I could stretch this out for a very long time.
  • It's not clear what the benefit of tiering the hunt ticks for is. Notably, in Imperian you can still use the midbie areas to grind your credits, so it *does* get faster as you level, doesn't stay the same all across the level/arti spectrum.
  • I'm not sure if it's all that bad, though? It's an ugly situation for uninvested demifolk, sure, but I think it's better for newer players.

What does demi status really get you? Refresh, the ability to challenge a domoth for stage 1, more h/m/e, 50 weight and the ability to earn exp towards a bunch of powers that are nice utility, but otherwise non-essential?

I always felt like demigod was overrated, and the race for it was a bit of a red herring.

Heck, if you ever get to the point where you feel like you're earning too much exp on the way up, you can just throw yourself wildly at whatever revolt/flare/nodes/domoth event might happen to be in play and have a chance to earn another credit tick while losing that excess exp.

If I actually cared about combat at all, I might be a little jealous.

• Demigod also comes bundled with the ability to ascend to the havens, which is fairly quick travel around various bits of the basin, and is an escape from any place or plane that does not directly prohibit it.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I just had an org cartel design approved but there's nothing on the logs - is this something I should bug?

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Lavinya said:
    I just had an org cartel design approved but there's nothing on the logs - is this something I should bug?
    Did you have the DesignedBy field filled out?  That's something I've been wondering about whether or not it has any impact at all.

I'd suggest bugging it though.  I just submitted a first Cartel-specific one myself for our forging cartel so I can use that to see if it's a universal thing or more specific (assuming it passes any time soon).
    Xenthos said:
    Lavinya said:
    Did you have the DesignedBy field filled out?  That's something I've been wondering about whether or not it has any impact at all.

I'd suggest bugging it though.  I just submitted a first Cartel-specific one myself for our forging cartel so I can use that to see if it's a universal thing or more specific (assuming it passes any time soon).
    Yes designedby was filled in, I believe in always crediting the designer! I'll bug it to be sure.

• Has it been approved? You get the points when it is approved for designs, when it is recorded for plays but for books, when it is put in the library
    Kistan said:
    Has it been approved? You get the points when it is approved for designs, when it is recorded for plays but for books, when it is put in the library
    Yes. My first post said it was approved. But it was cartel vs public which is newly added so no doubt a bug - it's being looked into anyway!

• Sorry @Lavinya. will read better next time!
  • I think i found a little glitch as well - was checking forums to see what it was supposed to be first but will bug later.

I had 14 bards and scholars handed in and then handed in 20 pilgrims (oh unloved pilgrims) and the score went up from 14 to 34 but only awarded 1 credit. Might have confused it by hitting two rewards (15 and 30) with one hand in 

• That is indeed the case, if you turn in one more it should fix.