Daily Credits Coming Soon!

Comments

• All village honours are at 1 credit it seems, I've done 3 now under this change and they all yield the same. Haven't bothered with other honours lines, but it seems like they give half their difficulty rounded down so long as it is above 3.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Maybe it should give half rounded up then?  2cr flat seems better at least for these quests; more work, but outside the tiered system so it is easier to cap out using them as a supplement...

1 just seems too low if you want to encourage them as an option.
  • Yeah, I get that quests aren't fun for everyone. You could do ones like Mount Krog, the orc side is certainly straightforward. I did it a few days ago and the quest giver just tells you what to do. No hidden items to search for, just kill, influence and wait for a plant to grow.

The wiki had a quests section that mostly tells you what to expect.
  • The quest system rewards more credits the higher the rating, starting at a rating of 3 being worth 1 credit. The caps with a 10 rating being worth 20 credits.

Some quests do not give daily credits, and those will have a disclaimer when you do QUESTS <quest> SHOW
    Orael said:
    The quest system rewards more credits the higher the rating, starting at a rating of 3 being worth 1 credit. The caps with a 10 rating being worth 20 credits.

Some quests do not give daily credits, and those will have a disclaimer when you do QUESTS <quest> SHOW
    I am wondering something @Orael (not sure if it should be done, it is just running through my mind and it may not even be resource-feasible).  Some people have been worried about others just kind of snapping up the same "easy" quests, and with some quests having lengthy cooldowns that is a very valid concern.  There is also the thought of people who are just doing the quests by rote "as a job" on a daily basis and not really paying attention to it.

Is there any ability to mark a quest as only being able to be done by a person for the credit reward 1x per IC year?  If so you could boost up credit rewards because people will not just be spamming the same stuff repeatedly, and it encourages trying different things and exploring different stuff (yes, with a reward) instead of just going by script.

Like I said, I am unsure on this one since it just came to mind and there are probably some issues that I have not thought of yet, but if yearly tracking simply is not feasible then there isn't any point in thinking / talking about it further.
  • I like the idea of quests being spaced out, maybe not by a full year, but at least by weave would be nice.
  • Can you get credits for the same quest in a weave then? I've not tried as I'd just assumed you couldn't.
  • edited February 2019
    Wouldn't that further inhibit those that lack the knowledge and means of doing several different quests? It would also further the need for walkthroughs. 
  • Something to be aware of it seems like the library system might only be rewarding org points for the first book submitted. As Magnagora has had two books submitted now, and the second didn't have it's points count to org points.
  • Also also Serenwilde were at both village revolts and didn't receive credit in orgcredits for it? If anyone from Seren is around, did you guys manage to influence anyone? Because that would be all you needed to get on the chart?
  • Or have a presence for at least 10 minutes.
  • In the current state, I feel the only viable way to obtain 20 daily credits is by comm quests or quests. This is extremely disheartening as a player that isn't fan of either. Why does it matteri ifI want to influence, bash, quest, or comm quest for 2 hours to gain my daily credits? I really hope this is adjusted in the future. I am logging in to a game to do things I don't like to do in order to obtain my daily credits limits. I'm not saying I expect to be able to get 20 daily credits in less than 2 hours. However, Lusternia has felt more like a chore of figuring out how to even get the 20 daily credits only to find the way I can do it has already been done then waiting for respawn. Maybe, I am missing why bashing and influencing seemed to be snubbed and weighted to be the couple of each credits after you did your daily quest chores? 
  • Innon said:
    In the current state, I feel the only viable way to obtain 20 daily credits is by comm quests or quests. This is extremely disheartening as a player that isn't fan of either. Why does it matteri ifI want to influence, bash, quest, or comm quest for 2 hours to gain my daily credits? I really hope this is adjusted in the future. I am logging in to a game to do things I don't like to do in order to obtain my daily credits limits. I'm not saying I expect to be able to get 20 daily credits in less than 2 hours. However, Lusternia has felt more like a chore of figuring out how to even get the 20 daily credits only to find the way I can do it has already been done then waiting for respawn. Maybe, I am missing why bashing and influencing seemed to be snubbed and weighted to be the couple of each credits after you did your daily quest chores? 
    Maybe you can run numbers on how long it takes you to do different tasks? I'm pretty sure most of the testing and feedback were from Demi+ folk, and especially with hunting, criticals will make a vast difference. As will whips/gnomethings/wands.
  • I may be mistaken, but I thought the premise was for it not to be feasible for someone to bash to 20 credits. However, I can tell you bashing illithoid as a Zarakido  monk lvl 87 (10% extra crit) however no damage runes takes me roughly 20 mins for the first credit then 25 for the next. I also haven't started taking my beast with aggressive. I am using crit food and kirigami. Even at 20 mins per that would be 3 credits an hour. I can do an actual test this evening. You are correct though. I would say people like Yendor, Xenthos, Ixion, etc may be able to bash 20 credits per 2 hours, but they have spent a ton of money in the past. Meaning, they probably deserve to be able to do as much or more. 
    edited February 2019
    You're actually not supposed to be able to get your 20 just by hunting or influencing, by design.  What you're supposed to do is akin to what I posted above; get your ticks in a number of different ways.  And yes, you are pretty much required to use questing or commquesting as one of those ways if you don't have regular access to domoths (this was brought up during testing, and is the point of the system).  The biggest change is that hunting and influencing is no longer a raw "kill x number of things" but instead "x points worth of things" so it is considerably faster than it was, making it at least viable to use as a finishing option.  But it is still going to be slower than other things if you are trying to do it exclusively.

To me, once comm-questing will give 2 or 1 credit for doing it, it's time to move on to one of the other routes for the final bits.  So I do 3 or 4 sets of village comm quests and then whatever I feel like for the rest of it.
  • Xenthos said:
    You're actually not supposed to be able to get your 20 just by hunting or influencing, by design.  What you're supposed to do is akin to what I posted above; get your ticks in a number of different ways.  And yes, you are pretty much required to use questing or commquesting as one of those ways if you don't have regular access to domoths (this was brought up during testing, and is the point of the system).  The biggest change is that hunting and influencing is no longer a raw "kill x number of things" but instead "x points worth of things" so it is considerably faster than it was, making it at least viable to use as a finishing option.  But it is still going to be slower than other things if you are trying to do it exclusively.

To me, once comm-questing will give 2 or 1 credit for doing it, it's time to move on to one of the other routes for the final bits.  So I do 3 or 4 sets of village comm quests and then whatever I feel like for the rest of it.
    The point is why? Wasn't this supposed to be the Imperian system which is based on bashing? Who says you shouldn't be able to bash/influence? I won't speak for everyone, but I want to do three in Lusty which is PvP, bash, and RP. Daily credits is not opitional, so the game is forcing me to do stuff I find subpar and tedious. As a player who spends time and money, I dislike this system. Why is a system forcing me to have "fun" the way it sees fit? This is my opinion, but I control the amount of time/money I spend in Lusternia. Now, I have voiced my concerns. I will let the admins decide if there is enough people that feel like me to make a change.
  • @Xenthos I know it's not your decision, and you were just clarifying the intent of the FTP. I apologise if it seems aimed at you instead of the system. The system is what I have an issue with.  
    Innon said:
    Xenthos said:

The point is why? Wasn't this supposed to be the Imperian system which is based on bashing? Who says you shouldn't be able to bash/influence? I won't speak for everyone, but I want to do three in Lusty which is PvP, bash, and RP. Daily credits is not opitional, so the game is forcing me to do stuff I find subpar and tedious. As a player who spends time and money, I dislike this system. Why is a system forcing me to have "fun" the way it sees fit? This is my opinion, but I control the amount of time/money I spend in Lusternia. Now, I have voiced my concerns. I will let the admins decide if there is enough people that feel like me to make a change.

Innon said:
    @Xenthos I know it's not your decision, and you were just clarifying the intent of the FTP. I apologise if it seems aimed at you instead of the system. The system is what I have an issue with.  
    No, you're fine.  I've had some of the same thoughts myself, and even brought them up myself during testing.  The answer I got was basically "We don't want people to just sit and grind the same stuff the entire time, we want them to engage with the game."  Right now they're getting more datapoints than just the testers, so it's possible there will be more tweaking / adjustments at some point... but personally I wouldn't hold out a lot of hope for that in the immediate, since there is still a lot of other backlog right now.

To my mind, some of these other flat 1 point things becoming part of the tiered tick syntax would be nice though, when there's only really questing that is regularly available as a tiered thing you have to do that as part of your daily strat unless you have a ton of time to throw at it.
  • I complained without a solution which is bad. Two ideas I have to make the system better. 

1. Change the weight of bashing, and change astral nodes to never go under motes; however, once at motes the node only spawns creatures. Make squads give less points to all members scaled on the total number in the squad.

2. Add a true bashing/influencing option with the current setup that is a benefit from Elite. In other words, true ftp can do comm quests and quests and current. Elite members can do current and get an increased amount per influence/bash tick.
  • I'm on the other side. The thought of bashing all day makes me weep. I'd like to be able to do it all with questing and other small things like generating power through things other than the official power quests. I could think of all kinds of other activities that I would expect to give me, personally, credits credit, but they aren't on the list. The ones I've suggested have gotten a flat "no" so far.
    And yet, I've actually enjoyed the little bit of bashing I've been "forced" to do. I only got 10 credits yesterday (my first time trying this new system) and I didn't mind. I came to realize that I am not entitled to the 20 credits/day. And whatever credits I do get is just gravy on top of the fun I'm having, so I stopped sweating it.
    ymmv
  • Time spent grinding for dailycredits is time not spent having meaningful engagement with the game. 
    WHY WE FIGHT
    Accountability is necessary.
  • Bairloch said:
    I'm on the other side. The thought of bashing all day makes me weep. I'd like to be able to do it all with questing and other small things like generating power through things other than the official power quests. I could think of all kinds of other activities that I would expect to give me, personally, credits credit, but they aren't on the list. The ones I've suggested have gotten a flat "no" so far.
    And yet, I've actually enjoyed the little bit of bashing I've been "forced" to do. I only got 10 credits yesterday (my first time trying this new system) and I didn't mind. I came to realize that I am not entitled to the 20 credits/day. And whatever credits I do get is just gravy on top of the fun I'm having, so I stopped sweating it.
    ymmv

The point is you should be able to do it the way it is and bash. Why should I have to do it the way you do and why should you have to do it the way I do? 
    edited February 2019
    Bairloch said:
    I'm on the other side. The thought of bashing all day makes me weep. I'd like to be able to do it all with questing and other small things like generating power through things other than the official power quests. I could think of all kinds of other activities that I would expect to give me, personally, credits credit, but they aren't on the list. The ones I've suggested have gotten a flat "no" so far.
    ymmv
    This is something that I have been trying to stress to the new folk in Glomdoring who have more trouble getting the 20 (though not the entitled part of it).  More along the lines of "Earning any free credits at all is great, get the ones you can, but if you miss some it's not the end of the world... because you'll be able to keep earning them tomorrow, and the day after, and the day after that too!"

Some people are completionists and want to get it all, so far I've been maxing every day despite insisting to myself that I would not invest that time into it.  But it's something that you will be happier with if you consider it as a bonus to your playtime instead of a requirement...
  • Bairloch said:
    ymmv

If you're not disinclined to visiting multiple villages and doing comm quests, poke me if you see me online. Right now I'm in a weird spot because I'll often want to do more comm questing beyond the credits but feel like I'm hogging the credit potential, so to say.
  • edited February 2019
    It isn't meant as a bonus. It's meant as an incentive. It is not entitlement. There will be days you can't play. Entitlement would be log in and get them.
  • edited February 2019
    Time spent grinding for dailycredits is time not spent having meaningful engagement with the game. 
    The credit lends itself to PVP which is the meaningful engagement. Honestly killing rockeaters, chickens, cows, and trout taking them to a turn in isn't meaningful engagement either. 
  • edited February 2019
    It does seem comm quests give disproportinately large rewards compared to everything else, including the easier honours quests. I actually like this, as they are easy for me to do and get me close, with the rest just by hunting/influencing/pilgrims makes it not too hard to get 20 each day. But like, either other things need to give more credits or comm questing will just be the number one best way to earn credits.
  • edited February 2019
    I've never actually done a comm quest before. So in learning about them, I found out that at least one of the comms quests (which is in two villages) can be just bought into, with no time invested past buying some comms from your city shop. So if gold isn't really an issue, you've got 9 credits right there. It does make comms quests kinda... silly not to do.
    :edit: Looks like it's in 3 cities, so that's... 12 credits with just a gold-based buy in?
  • edited February 2019
    Innon said:
    Time spent grinding for dailycredits is time not spent having meaningful engagement with the game. 
    The credit lends itself to PVP which is the meaningful engagement. Honestly killing rockeaters, chickens, cows, and trout taking them to a turn in isn't meaningful engagement either. 
    ? If PVP is the sole candidate for "meaningful content" then the fabled lore of Lusternia has really gone to the gutter.

I can't very well immerse myself into the game if, despite all the depth of the fae politics, the philosophical nuances between Harmony and Chaos, the historical regret of New Celest and Project Cosmic Hope, etc. all just boils down to is "credits -> pvp". And that's a shame.
    WHY WE FIGHT
    Accountability is necessary.
  • edited February 2019
    Just to note, we've had people get their entire 20 credits in roughly 2.5 hours just by bashing/influencing and supplementing with bards/scholars/pilgrims or power etc. 

We've had others get their 20 credits pretty much entirely by bashing and topping off with a commquest in ~3 hours.

We're still looking at things and will likely tweak stuff. It does seem that commodity quests may be too easy, and other things may need a boost but we'll probably wait a little longer as people get more efficient at it.