Daily Credits Coming Soon!

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    This is what I did today.  It feels pretty sustainable.  Could flip out the domoth with any other tiered option (a quest, another round of comm quests, influencing another 250 points, or whatever).

You've earned 20 of 20 daily credits.
    Here is what you've done today:
         Commodity Quests in Southgard. - 5 credits
         Commodity Quests in Ixthiaxa. - 4 credits
         Commodity Quests in Rockholm. - 3 credits
         Earned 100 points killing enemies. - 1 credit
         Participated in Life domoth. - 2 credits
         Commodity Quests in Delport. - 1 credit
         Earned 100 points influencing denizens. - 1 credit
         Earned 250 points killing enemies. - 1 credit
         Earned 250 points influencing denizens. - 1 credit
         Earned 500 points killing enemies. - 1 credit

• Does feeding the creatures of the Vortex get you anything? Is that a "power quest"? Or is that just the Butterflies?
  • Powerquest is the one it teaches you in the Collegium, so yes butterflies for you in Gaudi
  • Lycidas said:
    Didn't want to submit a typo since it's not technically something that is incorrect. I think I and the playerbase would love to see the thresholds and scalings in HELP DAILYCREDITS (19.21). Also clarify that commodity quests and village honours share the same diminishing returns.

You can do as an example:
    Ixthiaxa solitaire puzzle for 5 points
    Ixthiaxa comm quest rockeaters for 4 points

And now you're locked out, they do share the same scaling, and clarification on those and the thresholds would be lovely. Love you all.
    Ah! I didn't realise lots of things were on the same scaling. I got 5 for doing Mount Krog (rating 4 I think. Could be 5) then 4 for Life domoth, then 1 for 100 points of kills. So quests and domoth are also on the same scaling.

It's fine by me, I just didn't get it. I don't think I'll hit the cap every day but it felt fine and I don't think I did much different. Just got credits for the sort of things I normally do.

I'm definitely going to start recording quest times and trying to break my records.
  • Perhaps a credit reward for converting another factions essence? Maybe one credit in a pattern like 30 60 120 180 240 300 etc.
  • If Ixthiaxa village quest is 5 points, what about Angkrag/Dairuchi? Those other two can be done super quick too.
  • It's 5 for the first, and then 4 for the second...it scales down per quest done. 
  • The help file isn't too clear but think of it like this.

There's ticks and credits.

Everything on the "tick" meter earns you 5 then 4 then 3 then 2 then 1 and they are all linked in. Doing a domoth doing a com quest etc are all Ticks.

So you do 1 domoth and 1 com quest you earn 5 then 4 credits.

Other things award you 1 actual credit and they don't effect the tick meter at all. Killing 100 points of stuff gets you 1 credit etc.

So you do a com quest, then kill 100 points of mobs, then do a domoth, then you do the angkrag village quest, then do 100 points of influcing you'll earn something like this:

-Earned 5 credits from Delport com quest.
    -Earned 1 credit from killing 100
    -Earned 4 credits from Life domoth.
    -Earned 3 credits for Angkrag quest
    -Earned 1 from 100 points of influcing

• Lycidas said:
    Didn't want to submit a typo since it's not technically something that is incorrect. I think I and the playerbase would love to see the thresholds and scalings in HELP DAILYCREDITS (19.21).
    Have you tried helpedit?
    https://dev.lusternia.com/in-game-help-files/?what=suggesting-helpfile-changes
    HELPBUG allows you to submit a bug related to the help files.
    You can also submit changes yourself - see HELP HELPEDIT.
    Arix said:
    Tzaraziko died for your spins
  • Dys said:
    I'm definitely going to start recording quest times and trying to break my records.
    @Deichtine Does Imperian record how long it takes you to earn a chunk of your daily credit/s? Might be a nice feature to add to Lusternia if it hasn't been added yet.
    Arix said:
    Tzaraziko died for your spins
  • Devora said:
    Lycidas said:
    Didn't want to submit a typo since it's not technically something that is incorrect. I think I and the playerbase would love to see the thresholds and scalings in HELP DAILYCREDITS (19.21).
    Have you tried helpedit?
    https://dev.lusternia.com/in-game-help-files/?what=suggesting-helpfile-changes
    HELPBUG allows you to submit a bug related to the help files.
    You can also submit changes yourself - see HELP HELPEDIT.
    I'd use HELPEDIT if I knew what all the thresholds were and how the system actually works in regards to what shares diminishing returns.
  • New Idea for DailyCredits - Vote on TMS for Lusternia.
  • Lycidas said:
    New Idea for DailyCredits - Vote on TMS for Lusternia.

Not allowed unless TMS has changed its rules (which it may have).

• Huh, that is the first voting site I've ever seen that disallows rewarding, normally the entire point of voting on a site is because of a reward.
  • I get why though, you only vote if you like the game not just to get a reward.
  • For the org credit score, regarding design, it specifies public design. But does the cartel you submit from matter? Can I just submit public designs from my own private cartel without issue, or is it only tracked if the public submission goes through an org cartel?

Not too big of a deal, since I can figure it out on my own, but any forewarning/explanation would always be good too.

• It has to be city/commune org cartel public.
  • I was afraid of that, but oh well. More hurdles is all.
  • Quest rewards changed a bit and are no longer part of the decline tick:

>--------------------------[ Changelog Entry #1644 ]--------------------------<
       Entered by: Orael the Anomaly                   Date: 2019-02-19 16:23:35

o Questing is now worth a static amount and not a part of the
       decrementing rewards.
    >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------<

• Hmm noticing one sort of side effect with village quests. With the increase of commodity quests being completed the Estelbar (and potentially other villages') quest items are being given to people who are either not interested in completing the quest or entirely unaware they have these items which prevent the village quest from being completed.

Basically if you do the comm quest they give you an item for the village quest. Which if you dont care about doing the village quest stops others doing it. With everyone doing comm quests much more now, village quests could we wrecked accidentally because of this.

To prevent this quest and possibly others from being constantly inhibited we could have the denizens ask if they meant to receive the quest item for the task completed. This allows for for those working to complete commodity quests to leave the quest items behind for others to complete the village quest.
    I think it might just be Estelbar (pills) and Shanthmark (betyl leaves or something like that)?  Most of the other villages that have a comm quest thing just do clues, so it does not matter if someone already did the quests- they will just keep spitting out clues over and over.  If other villages are also affected, please identify them; this is all mob prog I assume, so each one would have to be recoded individually.
  • edited February 2019
    Delport as well for lovers pairing clues. Estelbar already has a workaround with charity influence to get the pills to avoid the commodity quest. Could just copy/paste that code to the other villages like it, while removing the commodity quest aspect of it? Keeps it separate.

Edit: Also, can we please have village honors and commodity quests share on the diminishing returns again? The items for commodity quests are just in short supply now being one of the only methods worth doing, and village quests now only being worth a single. At the least with village quests sharing with commodity quests would make them relevant and lessen the need for commodity corpses.
  • Deichtine said:
    Hmm noticing one sort of side effect with village quests. With the increase of commodity quests being completed the Estelbar (and potentially other villages') quest items are being given to people who are either not interested in completing the quest or entirely unaware they have these items which prevent the village quest from being completed.

Basically if you do the comm quest they give you an item for the village quest. Which if you dont care about doing the village quest stops others doing it. With everyone doing comm quests much more now, village quests could we wrecked accidentally because of this.

To prevent this quest and possibly others from being constantly inhibited we could have the denizens ask if they meant to receive the quest item for the task completed. This allows for for those working to complete commodity quests to leave the quest items behind for others to complete the village quest.
    I honestly don't know the village quests, so I would be one that doesn't have a clue. However, I kept the Betyl in my inventory with no clue what to do with them. This actually leads me to an issue I have with the daily credits. Questing is extremely interesting to me, but most of the time it's bang your head against the wall until it times out or you stumble over the next step. I have located some partial walkthroughs, but can we get a more official guide (no matter how vague or detailed) of quests that have a daily credit value. Another words can we open this up to less seasoned players as well as those that have been around forever. If such as thing exists then pointing me there would be appreciated. 
  • Delport lover clues should be non-exclusive though, since they're just text and the townspeople are horrible gossips. Someone turning things in there shouldn't impact anyone else's ability to complete the matchmaking quest. I -think- it's just Estelbar and Shanthmark that give actual items that are needed, and that DOES need to be looked into.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • Those betyl leaves are given to the recruits for Shanthmark lodge honours quest. But in current iteration, the time invested into village honours are not worth the 1 credit received.
  • Innon said:
    I honestly don't know the village quests, so I would be one that doesn't have a clue. However, I kept the Betyl in my inventory with no clue what to do with them. This actually leads me to an issue I have with the daily credits. Questing is extremely interesting to me, but most of the time it's bang your head against the wall until it times out or you stumble over the next step. I have located some partial walkthroughs, but can we get a more official guide (no matter how vague or detailed) of quests that have a daily credit value. Another words can we open this up to less seasoned players as well as those that have been around forever. If such as thing exists then pointing me there would be appreciated. 
    QUESTS ALL gives the list then you can get more information with QUESTS <quest> which gives you the starting point. Then it's usually GREET <questgiver> a few times and off you go.

It usually takes me about three attempts to complete a quest, learning more each time. Detailed walkthroughs would just reduce the puzzle to mechanical steps which would cheapen it but if you try and then ask for advice if you get stuck people are generally happy to help out.

The more you do the easier it gets as you get familiar with the possible steps.
  • Dys said:
    Innon said:
    QUESTS ALL gives the list then you can get more information with QUESTS <quest> which gives you the starting point. Then it's usually GREET <questgiver> a few times and off you go.

It usually takes me about three attempts to complete a quest, learning more each time. Detailed walkthroughs would just reduce the puzzle to mechanical steps which would cheapen it but if you try and then ask for advice if you get stuck people are generally happy to help out.

The more you do the easier it gets as you get familiar with the possible steps.
    I disagree. Yes, it would cheapen for the people that enjoy the figure out a verb for a random thing method. However, not every player wants that. I make my own code, yet taking someone else's won't cheapen PK. Before daily credits, I would have agreed, but now the game is pushing quests. You basically just said struggle until you memorize like others have. This, in my opinion, is not a good stance to have. If that's the way you prefer then that is great. You can continue with that. However, that is not every player, so it would not be wise to force a certain brand of fun on any individual. 
    I used to repeatedly grind quests for curio pieces.  The moment I no longer needed those pieces I stopped.  I don't find continually doing the same quests to be fun.

That said, I also don't feel the need to with this system.  I have yet to do a single real quest, just a mix of other activities (with comm "quests" forming the base of it for the tiered steps).

Why are you feeling forced to do these village quests?  They should be an optional way to add to things vs. a requirement. 

Also, are all village quests always 1cr now?  How about all other quests?  If so that may be incorrect behavior, these things are a lot more work than a round of comm quests so should definitely give more than 1cr.
  • @Xenthos I am wanting to diversify my way to obtain credits that way if comms are taken during the times I can play then I will have other options. This will likely happen due to only being truly available at peak time.