Reducing the Number of Player Orgs

1151617181921»

Comments

• Technically they're the only other class of citizen besides rank-based stuff, so second is the only option available.
  • Makai said:
    Faelings are not banned, we have plenty. No races are -banned- in Mag, it is a common misconception though. We have contemptible races, which means they're considered 'lesser' races but aren't banned. An elfen can be a citizen of Magnagora, but they will not progress past the first city rank. Same thing for merians and kephera. Those are based on Fain's rules that are basically as old as the org itself, despite Fain being a thing of the last past.
    Ah, thanks for clearing that up.

The races you mentioned unable to move past rank 1, as well as viscanti and illithoid (banned in seren and celest) wpuld be hard hit by the initial solution if they want to keep their races though (and for a lot of people, the race is a very defining part of their character)
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • Assuming the old orgs solution, Seren could revisit the Viscanti thing. We've allowed some case by case with special RP, it could be managed and expanded on
  • I thought visc weren't actually banned in celest, just expected to fall on their sword at some point in the future. Dunno about seren.
  • Actually, yeah I think it's the same in Seren. We had a character Millien who was viscanti for a while because of RP reasons (but it was based on the character hating what she is and things like that) and she had to get cleansed to turn into an elfen to get married.
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • As for Mag in this case, merians and kephera still have a strong home in Celest, and elfen and kephera Seren. Even then, I think those rules could be reviewed for us, but I think unless Celest and Seren both implode, it won't be necessary. Happy to clear things up anytime! If Gaudi implodes, I'm stealing Coraline to be my personal chef though.
  • Viscanti can (And have) Joined celest in the past. Newbie viscanti are STRONGLY encouraged to reincarnate, but effectively they're just second class citizens like elfen and co are in Mag. Illithoid are completely banned, though.
  • The lack of people actively attempting to sabotage and sow distrust does wonders. That and lower tolerance for such behavior. Our issues stem from many many chances being given out in the hopes things will change.
  • edited May 2019
    How do we all feel about the kept three orgs being Celest, Glomdoring, and Gaudiguch? It was mentioned earlier, but I feel like it was buried without meaningful discussion. 
  • Why?
  • Aydeksa said:
    Why?

Why not? I prefer the original three, but if we say this is happening then I would say that most of the combatants, in the cut orgs, have moved in order to balance out the PvP population to no success. Another move, especially a fresh start, may come easier to these players. You would have dark lore and light lore, and freedom.

Gaudiguch balance may need to get some love.

On the thread about what you would do if your Org was deleted, the following is the amounts of the people that would quit: Gaudi: 1, Celest: 2, Glom: 4, Halli: 2*, Mag: 1.  

Not saying this is a good enough reason, but it is something to think about. 

As a small playerbase, we have to understand we may need to play on the same side with someone we don't agree with or like. 

• edited May 2019
    I disagree because those three orgs don't really complement each other or on their own, and it seems like it's just based on the most populated orgs. And not even by your tallying on how many people would quit (Halli has more than Gaudi).

And, just because people don't say they will quit on the forums doesn't mean they won't (from a couple people from Seren who don't visit the forums but when I talked to them about the possibility of org reduction they said they would quit if Seren was gone).

Personally, I think org reduction is a terrible idea. Many people have grown attached to their orgs. Even if I don't play in some of these orgs, I'd still like them to be there because they're part of the world. Find a way to retain population that doesn't involve cutting orgs and making it backfire. 
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Sipra said:
    How do we all feel about the kept three orgs being Celest, Glomdoring, and Gaudiguch? It was mentioned earlier, but I feel like it was buried without meaningful discussion. 
    Sipra said:
    Aydeksa said:
    Why?

Why not? I prefer the original three, but if we say this is happening then I would say that most of the combatants, in the cut orgs, have moved in order to balance out the PvP population to no success. Another move, especially a fresh start, may come easier to these players. You would have dark lore and light lore, and freedom.

Gaudiguch balance may need to get some love.

On the thread about what you would do if your Org was deleted, the following is the amounts of the people that would quit: Gaudi: 1, Celest: 2, Glom: 4, Halli: 2*, Mag: 1.  

Not saying this is a good enough reason, but it is something to think about. 

As a small playerbase, we have to understand we may need to play on the same side with someone we don't agree with or like. 

Except that isn't the original three, and you've literally just suggested keeping an entire current alliance and deleting everyone else.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
This discussion has been closed.