QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• Tar pits!
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Arcanis said:
    Xenthos said:
    There are more than 3 deer available at any given time.  It does not require starving ones.
    The  only other deer I can think of off the top of my head are the ones in Serenwilde...which would be a pretty awkward situation if they were allowed to be slain.
    Not sure why, they aren't protected
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Yep, we have nothing against killing our deer? You can theoretically hunt Serenwilde as a novice, in the same way as Glom, just with far fewer mobs to kill.
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Arcanis said:
    Xenthos said:
    There are more than 3 deer available at any given time.  It does not require starving ones.
    The  only other deer I can think of off the top of my head are the ones in Serenwilde...which would be a pretty awkward situation if they were allowed to be slain.
    Obviously they wouldn't let a glom kill them. But it sure fits for Serens to do it. Circle of life. Hart's self sacrifice for the greater good. Etcetc.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Xenthos is the deer.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Neos said:
    Xenthos is a dear.
    I think he's pretty nice too.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Shaddus said:
    Neos said:
    Xenthos is a dear.
    I think he's pretty nice too.
    I'll call him nice when he apologizes for what he did to my report.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Duchess Lyora Shee-Slaugh, Celebrant of the Scorpion says to you, "I will live inside you."

Context not required.
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • With a heavy overhand stroke, Marcella slams a menacing double-edged klangaxe down upon you.
    Marcella hacks into the side of your head with a reverberating thunk of bone that rings in your ears,
     causing you to stumble as everything becomes cloudy and the world spins.
    As you feel yourself about to die, the protection of the Fates falls upon you, shielding your young
    mortal body from death due to your presence in a newbie area.

Incidentally, that thing I posted about Camberre is indeed the newbie area invulnerability going awry. Will bug.

• You are being checked for AFK. Please indicate that you are present.
    You wave goodbye.
    Thank you!
    Retired.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    edited October 2014
    And finally, the quad-generator reaction I've been looking for:

EDIT: Which of course refuses to work when pasted as HTML.... hrm

__
               / /
              / /  \
             / /    \__________
            / /      \        /\
           /_/        \      / /
        ___\ \      ___\____/_/_
       /____\ \    /___________/\
       \     \ \   \           \ \
        \     \ \   \____       \ \
         \     \ \  /   /\       \ \
          \   / \_\/   / /        \ \
           \ /        / /__________\/
            /        / /     /
           /        / /     /
          /________/ /\    /
          \________\/\ \  /
                      \_\/

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • edited October 2014
    Elanorwen said:

And finally, the quad-generator reaction I've been looking for:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC '-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN' 'http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd'&gt;You give a plush doll of the Emerald Generator a friendly squeeze.
    A plush doll of the Emerald Generator expels a whoosh of air, then fills up again.
    7340h, 8061m, 6595e, 10p, 25145en, 31205w esSixkb<>-
    A doll of the Emerald Generator rises up in the air, circling around the dolls of the Diamond, Amethyst, and Ruby Generators. The four plush toys
    begin circling around in crazy zigzag patterns, forming a complex series of lines in the air.
    You sense the sweeping gaze of Esca looking upon you.
    __
    / /
    / / \
    / / \__________
    / / \ /\
    /_/ \ / /
    ___\ \ ___\____/_/_
    /____\ \ /___________/\
    \ \ \ \ \ \
    \ \ \ \____ \ \
    \ \ \ / /\ \ \
    \ / \_\/ / / \ \
    \ / / /__________\/
    / / / /
    / / / /
    /________/ /\ /
    \________\/\ \ /
    \_\/

EDIT: never mind, web read the paste all funky

It's true, I really am you.
  • Understudy Gaosia says, "Photoresonation in lucidian cells caused by biochemical shifts due to mood changes."
    3841h, 2831m, 3315e, 10p, 16815en, 14805w Bex-

Swirling ribbons of energy race along the inside of the Matrix infusing the core of the Matrix with life, causing it to glow with a dazzling incandescence.

You say, "They should make rings out of that, maybe @Septim‌ will know when I am upset then."

Understudy Gaosia looks skeptical and says, "I am not convinced that rings made from my race should be acceptable."

You say, "Not that I promote genocide."

Understudy Gaosia says, "If a man is unable to tell your moods even after a change in tone, body language, and verbal queues, he likely needs to be educated at length."
    3841h, 2831m, 3315e, 10p, 16815en, 14805w

Understudy Gaosia looks thoughtful and says, "Preferably with a large stick across the head."

*immediately after*

Septim tells you, "Ooh, visiting Hallifax?"

Timing is everything, excuse me while I find a stick.

It's true, I really am you.
  • edited October 2014
    Seeing how many different spellings of roughly the same name are in existence, found two that are mildly interesting.

Aeyden (Male Human).

Castellan Aeden Pavok, S.G. (Male Timeless Demigod).

Aidan Silverleaf (Male Elfen Lord).

Brother Ayden (Male Demigod).

Aydan (Male Undefined).
    He is 414 years old, having been born on the 1st of Estar, -18 years after the Coming of Estarra.
    He is unranked in Lusternia.
    He is an utter waste of time.

Aedan (Male Immortal).
    The circumstances of His beginnings are beyond your feeble understanding.
    There's also Aiden, which was the name of a Paladin? turned Celestine, or maybe it was Celestine turned something else. Was so long ago.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • edited October 2014
    Removed. I am a herpadurpa.

• Oh hay @Xypher - wait a moment...

The Portal of Fate flashes as Xyphyr steps through, now ready to begin a fresh life in Lusternia.
    (Serenwilde): Please welcome Xyphyr who just stepped out of the Portal of Fate as a new commune member!

[805400.29|100%h|100%m|100%e|10p|99%en|100%w] Bex- 

honors xyphyr
    Seren Brave Xyphyr (Female Tae'dae).
    She is 21 years old, having been born on the 18th of Kiani, 375 years after the Coming of Estarra.
    She is unranked in Lusternia.
    She is an extremely credible character.
    She is a Ward in the Free Collective of Serenwilde.
    She is currently enrolled as a Wayfarer in the Ancestral Glade of the Moonharts.
    She is a Vagrant in the Fellowship of Explorers.
    She is surrounded by the Grace of Innocence.
    She is considered to be approximately 0% of your might.
    She is not currently active in any family.
    --------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Haezon said:
    You are being checked for AFK. Please indicate that you are present.
    You wave goodbye.
    Thank you!
    Yeah I got hit for this recently too. Sometimes I forget and fall asleep...with Lusternia being so dead I forget it's even open. Trying to break that 'Megalith is natural hang out' habit
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    A plush doll of Shakiniel, Defender of the Dawning Hope hacks away at several tentacles reaching out from a plush doll of Gorgulu, Devourer of Souls before, offering a triumphant shout, slicing him in half.

A plush doll of Shakiniel, Defender of the Dawning Hope exclaims, "HA! VICTORY!"

A plush doll of Shakiniel, Defender of the Dawning Hope looks as if she's doing a little dance, while the two halves of Gorgulu form distinct heads, peering at one another in apparent confusion.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Haezon said:
    Druid Crek Ysav'rai says to you, "The bear liked to hit people. My Lady asked him why. The Ebonguard were formed."

Founding of the Ebonguard, abridged.
    Bears  :x
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Eurytus, Master of the Hunt says to you, "Centaur Brother."

SQUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You remember! :D:D:D
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    Everiine said:
    Eurytus, Master of the Hunt says to you, "Centaur Brother."

SQUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You remember! :D:D:D
    Plot Twist: Everyone outside of other centaurs look the same to him, and next time, he'll call @Xenthos that.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    :cry:
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• okay namegen 11. Exfuk
  • Doman tells you, "How are you?"

You tell Doman Trueflight, Symphonic Visionary, "Having a late bruncheon with Ambassador Shevat."

You tell Doman Trueflight, Symphonic Visionary, "It's rather fond of food."

You tell Ambassador Daraius Shevat, "I mean He's rather fond of feed."

You tell Ambassador Daraius Shevat, "Err, I'm talking to another, please forgive that."

You tell Doman Trueflight, Symphonic Visionary, "Err, I mean he's rather fond of food."

*facepalm* I seem to be making a lot of these slipups this past year. Sorry @Daraius, no offense intended.
    is dead like the dodo
    Must resist "fill up" and "feedbag" comments...