QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia

Arcanis said:
    You scoop up a handful of dirt and spit into it. Molding the fouled mud into a egg-shaped ball, it
    oozes pure oily taint and begins to pulse with a life of its own.

Aww, it's kicking ^^
    Please typo that, it pains me >_>

• This room has not been mapped.
    Within the burning heart of Brother Sun.
    There are no obvious exits.
    You are transported by the power of the Divine.
    4831h, 5085m, 5157e, 10p, 24321en, 22805w BesSix-l
    Within the burning heart of Brother Sun.
    OMG FIRE! IT BUUUURNS AAAAAARGH! THE PAIN! THE PAAAAAAAAAAAIHN!! GET IT OFF ME GET IT OFF ME! FIRE! I'M MEEEEELTING! FIRE FIRE FIRE!!!

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Shouldn't it be Father Sun?
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    He got demoted because of the Night - chasing incident.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Selenity said:

Shaddus said:

He got demoted because of the Night - chasing incident.

Shouldn't he be "Creepy Uncle Sun" then?

He's a skirt chaser, not PedoTae.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.

• Everiine said:
    Shouldn't it be Father Sun?
    Hmm, technically it really depends on a whose point of view. To mortals, more specifically nature/commune followers, the spirits are like guides or parents that they look up to, thus where the concept of Mother and Father came from.

One would assume perhaps  that the animal spirits would also receive such a title, but since mortals interacted with them and lived with them on a more physical level, a sense of brotherhood was born, thus Brother Hart, Sister Snake, etc.

So technically, the idea of Brother Sun and Sister Moon could be said by a Divine that sees the greater ethereal spirits on a more 'little sibling' basis.

Now excuse me, I have to go and get a life.
    Except I'm fairly certain that the dusk/night ambient time messages say "Father Sun".
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    All that Jojobo stuff is out of whack.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    I used to think that the "created" Great Spirits were all Brother/Sister and the "awakened" ones were all Father/Mother, but there doesn't seem to be that sort of consistency to it.

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Rock and Bull both get called 'Old Man' a lot.

• Titles to the spirits really were given by the mortal races. The most the Elders did was perhaps name their manifested souls to put them apart from their original creations.. For example, Charune had named his creations 'stags', but then bestowed the name White Hart to the manifestation. It is like naming a child.

Some simply kept the name as is, perhaps because the name they gave their creation was description enough. Viravain named her creations 'ravens', and they were one of her favorites and unique to her. Upon making a manifestation, she continued to use the term 'Raven'.

In the end, the titles are more a mortal thing. The only possible circumstance a god would use it is either to follow with mortal tradition, or naming the manifestations brother/sister as to a younger sibling.
  • Everiine said:
    Except I'm fairly certain that the dusk/night ambient time messages say "Father Sun".
    Glorious rays of morning light burst forth from Father Sun's crown as it peeks over the world's edge, announcing a 
    bright and shining new dawn.
    Is also the Shintar.
  • Aerotan said:
    I've always assumed that the spirits of touchable things are called 'Brother/Sister', the intangible ones are 'Father/Mother' and the creepy old ones are 'Grandmother/Doman'.
    You can totally touch Mother Moon. I did once (not her Avatars, Mother F-ing Moon, in a Lisaera release).

I'm pretty sure Everiine's got it right about the "awakened" thing, continuity aside. (Forestals are only 1/3 of the game, I'm not surprised that "nobody cares" errors pop up from time to time).

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • I wonder if Lakedancers refer to Her as Mother Lake or Sister Lake...I was just using the tangible/intangible thing as a rule of thumb for which were Awakened and which were Created. Incidentally, is there a Father Sky/Cloud?
  • From the Tolborolla quest, I believe it's Sister River/Mother Lake.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited January 2015
    All I'm saying is, my character has been to the core of Father Sun and lived to tell the tale. :P

• Maligorn said:
    All I'm saying is, my character has been to the core of Father Sun and lived to tell the tale. :P
    Surely that should be 'survived' as you did die. You just didn't stay dead.

Everyone using Necromancy~
  • No, I literally did not die.

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Titles of the Great Spirits are pretty interchangeable. There is convention on some spirits, but even so, it's not wrong to call him Brother Sun.

• So is there a manifestation of father sun?
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    @Kregarn drafts you into Don't Give Selenity Crabs!, and you step into formation 
    behind your new commandant.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    edited January 2015

On the lag during Ascension:

Lord Akyaevin n'Lochli says, "It will be "ohgodIthinkIdidsomethingI'mnotsurecananyonetellifIdidsomething?oramIdead?ohlookIbledtodeathfromclaws
    "."
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Note to self: put claws on @Akyaevin. his Australian internet and lag combined will ensure his death.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • 1 ) Synkarin: "Fbied chiicken."
    2 ) Synkarin: "Frieed chickecn."
    3 ) Synkarin: "FfeEieh chhiicken."
    4 ) Synkarin: "Fried chickxn."
    5 ) Synkarin: "Frie *hic* d cchiceen."
    6 ) Synkarin: "Fried ckicken."
    7 ) Synkarin: "Fried chiccKen."
    8 ) Synkarin: "Frriedd Chiclen."
    9 ) Synkarin: "Fried chiicken."
    10) Synkarin: "Fdiedd chicKen."
    11) Synkarin: "Fried chkcken."
    12) Synkarin: "FriEd ch *hic* icken."
    13) Synkarin: "Friey chicken."
    14) Synkarin: "Fried cHicken."
    15) Synkarin: "Fried chicken."

If you know what this means, cool. If you don't, it's still funny.
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."