QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• edited October 2015
    He summoned the spirit of Princess Marilynth to cleanse the Sea of Despair.

Your environment conforms to that of tainted ocean.

If we want to really get into an IC ramifications debate, I'll just point out that Marilynth has obviously been failing at her job of cleansing and should be impeached. Maybe Celest could summon Eventru back from the broom closet and get themselves another kneejerk hotfix akin to the realm raiding fiasco. Also no Celest member can ever pull the 'OMG THATS AGAINST YOUR RP' card on anyone, ever, period. 

Edit: Also Draylor never ground anyone into dust, what? Pretty sure every engagement with him ended up like this:

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    edited October 2015
    Yeah....I'm surprised people really believe that the high road still exists. Sweet summer child.

I will note however that should IC events magically invalidate this mechanic within the near future, it would seem really, really, really hilariously bad.

But then again, we already have had angkrag, shackles, nexus weakenings, and godrealms, what's one more.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Maligorn said:

You're right, why would a divine care about their Patroned Warlord raising the spirit of a crazy merian to plague the Sea of Despair.

Obviously it works both ways, but I haven't heard of a Celestian raising Marani Veloske yet?

I think you misunderstand Magnagora.
    The clown Taint isn't bound by your rules. Like Glomdoring, like Hallifax, like Gaudiguch, it can basically justify doing anything to further its goals. Mag doesn't have a banned quest scroll like celest does, and for good reason. Furthermore, having Marysue up doesn't even hurt Magnagora like it used to, so why not?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • This isn't personal. No one in Mag is sitting up at night crying about it or plotting. We log in. We play the game. We love our wins, we take our losses and learn from them. We are pretty chilled out. If certain players are freaking out and it is emotionally damaging them, maybe they should take a step back. 

We are having a blast in Mag right now. Well I know I am. I am loving the group of people I am playing with and it is a first for a really really long time that Mag has felt...content. 
  • This is kind of funny stuff, I heard things were getting funny in here.

- Every org does what it can to make itself better. Celest raises Marani. Hallifaxians have raised Marani.    If you think i am kidding, I would just keep in mind why people might feel the need to use scrolls of laurels to hide their honors.

- There is no RP for orgs if it would be against their interests. 

- Draylor was like any other griefer, an annoyance but not particularly important or devastating. I would say Marcella did more damage.

- People knowingly metagame and use alts to harass other orgs and players so they arent on their main when they do it.  Why would a member of org X help the quest of Y? Because their main is from org Y. That is a running trend for some people, but the Oneiroi will generally dismiss this issue because it is super hard to track. 

Lusternia has been devolving for quite awhile, we used to have some civility toward our enemies. We raided eachother for fun, not grief, and back then conflict quests actually did something.  Cay and the Inner sea are Celest biased as dolphins can be invincible and have to use inner sea to get cay or carai caroo.  This whole thing is a giant bowl of things just coming to a head and people realizing how griefy people can be.
  • Everything in Lusternia is geared towards 'how best can you win/how best can you shaft the other guy to not win'. Sea Battle dominance is a drop in the bucket compared to elder griefing and loluncontestedabsolves. 
  • Shaddus said:
    You're right, why would a divine care about their Patroned Warlord raising the spirit of a crazy merian to plague the Sea of Despair.

Obviously it works both ways, but I haven't heard of a Celestian raising Marani Veloske yet?
    I think you misunderstand Magnagora. The clown Taint isn't bound by your rules. Like Glomdoring, like Hallifax, like Gaudiguch, it can basically justify doing anything to further its goals. Mag doesn't have a banned quest scroll like celest does, and for good reason. Furthermore, having Marysue up doesn't even hurt Magnagora like it used to, so why not?
    I think I understand Magnagora well, and that it has its Evil Org Syndrome that permeates Mhaldor in Achaea -- the OOC outweighs the RP. It's gotten so twisted that the OOC has -become- the RP according to you.

How would Fain react to this? Would he clap and congratulate, or rain fire and destroy? The fact that I can see him going either way is really rather troubling. But you do you, Mag and Celest, I guess.

• Has nothing to do with OOC. 

Magnagora has a tool at hand and used it. It doesn't actually punish them anymore (no effect on spectres), and just like Celest has raised Ladantine, they raised Marilynth. 

Honestly, as it has been said, there is no high road here. Everything Mag is doing now was already done by Celest, heh.
  • Shuyin said:
    Yeah....I'm surprised people really believe that the high road still exists. Sweet summer child.

I will note however that should IC events magically invalidate this mechanic within the near future, it would seem really, really, really hilariously bad.

But then again, we already have had angkrag, shackles, nexus weakenings, and godrealms, what's one more.
    believe it or not, I do expect better out of the playerbase here than the average game. Always have, always will!

Fain would be pissed, but at the end of the day, he'd understand that the damage done to Celest > damage done to Magnagoran. He knew when to sacrifice pawns to put better pieces in better arrangements.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    This is devolving into something that is gonna get Yomoigu to come out of retirement just to put me in forums jail. Who wants to take this to another thread?
  • If orgs played to their true RP natures, then 100% positive Celest would be at war with Glomdoring all the time. If you understood Mag/Mag Divine RP you would probably be less saddened by its apparent lack of existence. Knowing Raezon for years, he'd likely ask me wtf and then I would give him my IC reasoning for what I am doing and he would be ok. Fain would probably get a kick out of it because it's a classic Fain ploy to do what I did. Morg: See Raezon. Drocillia I'm not sure about never interacted with her.

Org RP fails(or lack thereof) aside, why don't we touch on ridiculous alliances centered around concepts such as 'Hey I'm going to ask my enemy to help me with my other enemy except my ally is going to run my first enemy off but ignore my second enemy because my second enemy is their ally which means my ally is kind of my dickally but #winning so it's fine.'

Conquest events are skewed, raiding is skewed, combat is skewed, diplomacy died circa 2011. Welcome to Lusternia!

It is the 5th Century, and there is only Troll.

• Lol, enjoy your game then. If I wanted that kind of experience I'd get on a PvP server in WoW. Lusternia's over folks, pack up and leave town.

• I like this Celina cat... is on to something >__>
  • You troll one side and laugh it up with your buddies, then they do the same to you.

Vicious cycle.
  • Mag RP is always end justifies it means. In this case Thalkros' end justifies what he did. Well played sir.

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Chirbo said:
    You troll one side and laugh it up with your buddies, then they do the same to you.

Vicious cycle.
    *Delicious cycle
  • Celina said:
    Chirbo said:
    You troll one side and laugh it up with your buddies, then they do the same to you.

Vicious cycle.
    *Delicious cycle
    I can't like and agree with the post at the same time :(
    The only time I really saw Fain get truly angry at something we did was the time I married a merian from some other non-Celest org to a Magnagoran. I forget who it was :/
  • Leolamins said:
    Mag RP is always end justifies it means. In this case Thalkros' end justifies what he did. Well played sir.

This.

I was looking through the comments for when someone would finally say it.

This has always been the dividing factor between Magnagora and Celest. Magnagora does what needs doing, not caring for the consequences, as the ends justify the means. It is all about the end-goal of conquering and victory. Did we just thwart our enemies from gaining 25k power? Yes. We have to raise Marilynth though whom will be singing annoyingly in the ocean periodically? Meh.

And frankly the high-road has all but become filled with holes at this point. You point the finger at Mag for raising Marilynth whom frankly hurts no one, yet only yesterday I caught a Celestian trying to raise Marani, whom is a threat to the entire Basin. Gurl plz.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    edited October 2015
    Hi, as I've been mentioned, my point of view:

- As I stated before I think this whole griefing cycle is not good for the game. I know some people get their daily kicks out of it, I'm not one of them. I keep telling myself I'll not join that griefer race and I do my best not to.
    - "Also no Celest member can ever pull the 'OMG THATS AGAINST YOUR RP' card on anyone, ever, period. " <== I generally disagree with pulling that card on anybody, but I think it shows pretty well how deeply OOC the dislike between celest/magnagora is. There's other examples from Celest and Mag people as well.
    - I've learned that a minority in Mag is actually concerned in making the whole cay show enjoyable. I've got no problem with fighting and losing, I got no problem with fighting a lost war, what I got a problem with is fighting against a puppet who doesn't even care that am there or doesn't even have a few words for me, despite knowing that I'm spending most of my playtime against the odds.
    - In the end, both Celest and Mag should ask themselves if they really want to continue sewing this kind of sorry state, or if we don't want to go back to having interactions that are actually fun for everbody. And that has nothing to do with that you do everything you can for your org, it has something to do with how you do it and how you react to people.

edit: Also, decided to mention specifically @Gero, @Enadonella and even @Arcanis for bothering with RP even though the had bested me several times.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
    Arcanis said:

And frankly the high-road has all but become filled with holes at this point. You point the finger at Mag for raising Marilynth whom frankly hurts no one, yet only yesterday I caught a Celestian trying to raise Marani, whom is a threat to the entire Basin. Gurl plz.
    Name and shame, please.

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Shaddus said:
    Or when certain high ranking celestians are killing the kids in the TBC, or a certain cantor recently turned her Celest domoth to Viscanti for a bit.
    Except before I did that, I asked the Princess of Celest for permission, explaining that I wanted the benefit to be on myself when I was doing the solo parts, and even offered to let her take it if she didn't prefer that option. And I've been trying to get people to just use the candy and take the girls away, but they're annoying little brats most of the time, tbh. No one notices if you push them out of Idril's window.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    edited October 2015

Synkarin said:

I think the funniest thing here is @Maligorn trying to take this 'holier than thou' stance.  I expect better from -you- buddy, get over it. 

Honestly @Aeldra, the best thing for you to do (and the rest of Celest) is beat @Thalkros at his own game. All this 'bad for the game' rhetoric is only true IF you make it bad for the game. Don't get mad, get even. Get your City to help out, and beat them at their own game. 

This is far far far from the most grieferish thing that's ever happened. 
    Celest has been making quite a lot of effort to get me through the final stages of that quest, Thalkros raising Mary is just the latest step of preventing me getting it. Sure, I can now respond in learning how to grief magnagora's epic quest and subsequently do it to everyone lining up for magnagora's side, but what's the point? only more grief. It's a spiral that has no bottom and I don't want to do that kind of thing and I only ask whether others think this is really the way we should be going. I am raising the question whether it's the "right" thing to do to get even, or if not everybody should step a step down.

edit: If any of this would make me "mad", then I would not be here anymore. I don't particularly enjoy actions that look like being targeted particularly at me, even though people claim they are not (sorry, I'm the obvious person currently running celests epic, so yeah), but heck, I got enough things to care about. I think others in Celest take it a lot more seriously then I do. I just find this particular OOC dislike not a healthy atmosphere to have fun and that's what am pointing out in most of these posts.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • I actually have a pretty valid (for me anyway) IC stance on why I'm hardcore on blocking the sea battle and celest epics, it's no big secret within mag anyway. Hell I even partly played my hand with Tremula by telling her juicy info. (It got me the desired IC reaction not long afterwards). My ooc hatred for text people is actually limited to probably 3 players total in the history of Lusternia.

However attempts to forum shame and white knight against me really only fuel my forum trolling. Stuff in game I do is only as personal as someone takes it.
  • Synkarin said:

I think the funniest thing here is @Maligorn trying to take this 'holier than thou' stance.  I expect better from -you- buddy, get over it. 

Honestly @Aeldra, the best thing for you to do (and the rest of Celest) is beat @Thalkros at his own game. All this 'bad for the game' rhetoric is only true IF you make it bad for the game. Don't get mad, get even. Get your City to help out, and beat them at their own game. 

Lol you make no sense. Regurgitating my catchphrase at me doesn't mean anything. Also, 10/10 savage advice. Wish they'd thought of that or tried it before! /sarcasm

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Aeldra said:

Synkarin said:

Celest has been making quite a lot of effort to get me through the final stages of that quest, Thalkros raising Mary is just the latest step of preventing me getting it. Sure, I can now respond in learning how to grief magnagora's epic quest and subsequently do it to everyone lining up for magnagora's side, but what's the point? only more grief. It's a spiral that has no bottom and I don't want to do that kind of thing and I only ask whether others think this is really the way we should be going. I am raising the question whether it's the "right" thing to do to get even, or if not everybody should step a step down.

edit: If any of this would make me "mad", then I would not be here anymore. I don't particularly enjoy actions that look like being targeted particularly at me, even though people claim they are not (sorry, I'm the obvious person currently running celests epic, so yeah), but heck, I got enough things to care about. I think others in Celest take it a lot more seriously then I do. I just find this particular OOC dislike not a healthy atmosphere to have fun and that's what am pointing out in most of these posts.

You're barking up the wrong tree. People keep throwing out terms like 'OOC dislike' and 'OOC hate' but I really think that's just a kneejerk reaction. Is it a bummer for you? Sure. It definitely is. Can you overcome it? Absolutely.

I have a feeling @Aeldra that you fall into the 'people should RP the way I want them to' rather than accepting that what they are doing is in fact RP. Just because someone ignores you, doesn't mean they aren't RPing with you. You don't need to have a conversation to RP. I know @Lerad used to take a RP stance where he literally wouldn't talk to enemies (I don't know if he still does). That's the thing with RP, it takes tons of forms and there have been plenty of examples of players going on RP crusades attempting to dictate a person or orgs RP. 

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.