QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• FYI I've never been approached icly about the sea battle except from Kelly-no-more's half hearted requests and then that hilarious <24 hour crusade against my actions.

I'm very approachable towards enemies and people I view as severely against mag interests. (Just ask lavi how cordial I am with her)
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    @Synkarin Please don't make assumption about me without ever having had any contact with me aside of a few lines you read on a forum. I mainly ask how people want things to be, as obviously there are people bothered by how it's currently done. I find it extremely unhealthy for a community if they are not even allowed to express their concerns.

And all I did to get the 'OOC dislike' is reading the forums. Maybe everything is fine and I'm seeing ghosts. All the better.

And sure, I don't expect anyone to interact with me, especially enemies. I just honor those who do, because at the end of the day, from my point of view, we are playing a game together, but on opposing fractions. But I don't expect people to understand that. I expclicity said I don't liking to point the 'bad RP' card on anybody, especially because there's many things you don't see. I'm not sure how you come to your judgement, though.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • I stopped being able to get away with not replying whatever was said to me (and not snubbing so they could go on talking to themselves) when I took up positions that actually required administrative work done, like unenemyships and all. Sadface.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    So...you're allowed to make assumptions based on reading forums but I'm not? 

People always get bothered when things don't go their way (myself included) and I think it's poor form to come and complain on the forums when there are in game actions you can take. You can sit here and say all day and night that griefing is bad for the game, but history has shown otherwise. When things were much much more griefy than they are now, the population was much healthier and as those things have been curbed, so has the population. That's not to say that games don't evolve and change, but making generalities that don't really correlate doesn't get you anywhere. People use to raid orgs for hours on end, that doesn't happen anymore, the population has certainly changed attitudes, and now we're nitpicking things like this as 'bad for the game'

No one said you weren't allowed to express concerns, but you are implying that I'm not allowed to dismiss your concerns because I don't find them valid. Is that healthy? or even fair? I don't think so. 

My opinion by the way was based on numerous comments you've made throughout various threads. You're sitting here and saying that those enemies that interact with you are 'doing it right and deserve honor' and complaining about a puppet that's ignoring you. That combined with past comments about ganks, Cay etc. led me to form my opinion (much like you formed your opinion about OOC dislike and hate apparently). 

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    @Synkarin Fair enough. You are of course entitled to have your own opinion and express it whichever way you like, I did not mean to limit you in that. Apologies if I came across like that.

Do I try to influence things to how I perceive them to be better? yes. Do I have a temper that sometimes flares? Sure. I believe in voicing my concerns where I see them, though, despite having people tell me differently. You can dismiss them, you can put labels on me for it, you can tell me I'm wrong. That's part of a healthy discussion, people disagreeing. I just don't particularly liked that you were implying that I expect anybody to behave like I see fit, for, I assure you, that is not the case.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I can confirm that @Thalkros is incredibly civil. I'd go so far as to say underneath the Trollkros is Teddykros.

• Lavinya said:
    I can confirm that @Thalkros is incredibly civil. I'd go so far as to say underneath the Trollkros is Teddykros.
    I don't buy it.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • Shaddus said:
    Arcanis said:

And frankly the high-road has all but become filled with holes at this point. You point the finger at Mag for raising Marilynth whom frankly hurts no one, yet only yesterday I caught a Celestian trying to raise Marani, whom is a threat to the entire Basin. Gurl plz.
    Name and shame, please.

I dont think im allowed to name, as it may be seen as attempting to cause ooc grief, but frankly I dont think it matters at this point. I believe Celest already knows some of their own are raising her, and even if proof was submitted, it would likely be brushed off with the notion of "Crusade this" or "You deserve it (even though Marani targets all orgs)" or some such.
  • edited October 2015
    Arcanis said:
    Shaddus said:
    Arcanis said:

And frankly the high-road has all but become filled with holes at this point. You point the finger at Mag for raising Marilynth whom frankly hurts no one, yet only yesterday I caught a Celestian trying to raise Marani, whom is a threat to the entire Basin. Gurl plz.
    Name and shame, please.

I dont think im allowed to name, as it may be seen as attempting to cause ooc grief, but frankly I dont think it matters at this point. I believe Celest already knows some of their own are raising her, and even if proof was submitted, it would likely be brushed off with the notion of "Crusade this" or "You deserve it (even though Marani targets all orgs)" or some such.
    Seems it was the one who was the Celestian domoth blessing the Viscanti

Tremula said:
    Shaddus said:
    Or when certain high ranking celestians are killing the kids in the TBC, or a certain cantor recently turned her Celest domoth to Viscanti for a bit.
    Except before I did that, I asked the Princess of Celest for permission, explaining that I wanted the benefit to be on myself when I was doing the solo parts, and even offered to let her take it if she didn't prefer that option. And I've been trying to get people to just use the candy and take the girls away, but they're annoying little brats most of the time, tbh. No one notices if you push them out of Idril's window.

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Nope, I haven't gone into Shallamurine in about...two weeks now. Some of us have cityranks to earn, and you have to be a good noodle before you can start breaking the rules (and getting away with it).
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • I kind of want to hear who's making that kind of judgement, for it to be truly BA.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    edited October 2015
    Finally got a chance to give fink a chance. Worth it?

The floor shakes as you fire a blast that slams into a black dragon.
    You have scored a WORLD-SHATTERING CRITICAL HIT!!!
    A gilded cage draws in the wasted energy of your assault.
    A black dragon suddenly explodes!
    You raise a palm in the air and try to heal Pejat from afar. You absorb his wounds into your own body. 
    (Ship): Cogent Frontier says, "Forge progress through honest disagreement, I am clearing the command 
    chair of all impairments."
    (Ship): Davos says, "Siphon."
    Drawn by the flux of energy, a black dragon suddenly wanders into the nearby area.
    (Ship): Davos says, "Target dragon."dragon
    You are thrust forward as Cogent Frontier shudders violently and comes to a complete stop.
    A battle turret is not yet ready to be used again.
    A black dragon enters from the west on the aetherways.
    A black dragon shudders violently, then comes to a complete stop.
    (Ship): Cogent Frontier says, "Think. Do not feel! Welcome to an energy collector, Pejat."
    The floor shakes as Tekora fires a blast that slams into a black dragon. 
    A battle turret whirrs quietly, ready to be used once again.
    A battle turret is not targeting anything.
    You tune the weapon module to target a black dragon.
    You have recovered equilibrium.
    Crackling energy surges to a battle turret, fully healing it.
    A battle turret whirrs quietly, ready to be used once again.
    The floor shakes as you fire a blast that slams into a black dragon.
    You allow the energy stored in a gilded cage to explode outwards in a coruscating flare, augmenting 
    your assault.
    You have scored an OBLITERATING CRITICAL hit!
    A gilded cage draws in the wasted energy of your assault.
    A black dragon suddenly explodes!

... maybe. It sure is fun to see all the explosions, if nothing else.

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Lavinya said:
    He had me at ARKARKARKARKARKARKARK from a few years ago. I forgot how it all started but the ARKARKARK is still funny to me.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Siam said:
    Lavinya said:
    He had me at ARKARKARKARKARKARKARK from a few years ago. I forgot how it all started but the ARKARKARK is still funny to me.
    Basically https://www.dropbox.com/s/33mdsli67usw7n1/Umad.htm?raw=1
  • Marshall Avurekhos Yfae'dren, Wrath of the Silver Trinity says, "I get the best looks from my Mother, obviously."

D'awwww. <3
    --------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    FULL DISCLAIMER I DID THIS OOCLY AND ON THE DL

BUT I AM COOL WITH ADMITTING TO IT

(it was fun)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Wait what did I design that's divorce-inducing? She said she loved all my tats.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Her name on your fist, as I recall.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    THATS HER FAVORITE ONE
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    His wife slipped him a 20 to get it.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • It occurs to me that super pro-Mag Portius is now married to a non-viscanti Celestian. Shame, shame.

• What did happen there?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• [-(