QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Oh, seems I misunderstood the help file. Thought the second was 4, it's only the third that is 4.
    :\">

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Yes, you may as well leave someone as a VA until you're ready for the next person. You can have 2 VA's at 2mil power each, so no point in descending one until you're ready for that 3rd person.

But it's Mag's power, they can do what they want.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    There's nothing fantastic about being a Vernal Demigod. You don't claim any faster, and you don't get the full access to powers.
    In Magnagora, the power does what we tell it to do.

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Iunno. Even just having a few you can swap around is nice. My powers list, while self inflicted, makes me sad. Because regular demi powers just suck so hard compared to level 101.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Solution: make Level 101 powers to demis at twice the cost!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• The problem I have isn't enough powers but not having weight to use the powers.
  • I'd love for some way to get one Ascendant power.
  • Ssaliss said:
    I'd love for some way to get one Ascendant power.
    Along similar lines, I'd still like an omniscence artifact. Lusternia is spread out too much for that ability to be so gated.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    They made Munsia an ascendant for aegis and/or destruction, and then demoted her. Dahlla was probably the same way.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    It's been hashed over and over, but I'd think the extra weight, faster claims, and increased vitals would be sufficient. And it would make this less sad for me.

******************************[ Current Powers ]*******************************
    Name                         Type               Weight              
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Refresh                      Supernumerary      6
    Typecast                     Supernumerary      2
    Aegis                        Ephemeral          0
    FearAura                     Ephemeral          0
    JudiciousPresence            Ephemeral          0
    Affinity                     Ephemeral          0
    Destruction                  Ephemeral          0
    Dessicate                    Ephemeral          0
    *******************************************************************************
    You are using 8 weight points.
    You have a maximum of 80 weight points for supernumerary powers available.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Destruction is the one that makes me the most sad. Like, when I first heard about it I was like 'hurling balls of liquid power into mobs? gods, I want that'. Only after I reached demi, I realized that it will not be available to me and unless I'll somehow make it to VA someday, I won't be available to me, still makes me sad. Mostly because I think the flavor of that thing is awesome. For a bit, I had hoped, 'zap' was a weaker version of destruction, but zap is just entirely and utter useless 90% of the time. Peering onto demi power list, makes me very sad as well. In my book there's way too little flavor in there and way to little choice too. Sure, some of those things are nice (like changing messages, etc) but reaching demigod powerwise still makes me very 'meh' inside. So, for me, wtb destruction equivalent and more demi powers.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Steingrim said:
    Ssaliss said:
    I'd love for some way to get one Ascendant power.
    Along similar lines, I'd still like an omniscence artifact. Lusternia is spread out too much for that ability to be so gated.
    What's that do?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• edited March 2016

A tiny pixie flits in from above, fluttering about in excitement.

A tiny pixie giggles happily at you.

~A tiny pixie exclaims to you, "Sandwich guardians are running amok in the wilderness!"

A tiny pixie flits out of the room.

~

Huh, someone's having fun.....

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    (Market): You say, "Seeking the head of the stuffed piglet."

<moments later...>

A pink piglet drops from above and begins bouncing around.

A pink piglet grunts a bit and then lets out a loud 'OINK' at you.

A pink piglet exclaims to you, "Oink! No, you will not get my head! Oink!"

A pink piglet bounces out of the room.

And then Isluna had the head and foiled the gag completely, but I still got a laugh out of it.

edited March 2016
    ssage #1249 sent by (system) (received: 2016/03/07 00:48:32)
       @Siam has declared you a formal enemy of the Divine Order of Viravain, Lady of the Thorns for this reason: 'assaulting the Ethereal Glomdoring'.

:-O

wait what. 1. not my timezone (that's 2 am my time on a sunday, sorry not awake there), plus _I don't raid_. Never have, not planning to. If you need to enemy me because of 'reasons', then at least enemy me for a reason that's correct.. Thank you :-|

edit: I should clarify that this is not an attack on @Siam personally, it's just the latest of a lot of enemying for things that I have not done or that didn't even make remotely sense and which just make me extremely sad, as see below.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Aeldra said:
    ssage #1249 sent by (system) (received: 2016/03/07 00:48:32)
       @Siam has declared you a formal enemy of the Divine Order of Viravain, Lady of the Thorns for this reason: 'assaulting the Ethereal Glomdoring'.

:-O

wait what. 1. not my timezone (that's 2 am my time on a sunday, sorry not awake there), plus _I don't raid_. Never have, not planning to. If you need to enemy me because of 'reasons', then at least enemy me for a reason that's correct.. Thank you :-|
    It's entirely possible a miscommunication existed. You can always politely request it be overturned because you weren't involved! Sometimes mistakes happen :)

@Lavinya it's just a trend that is starting to irk me. most of the organisations in questions have reasons to enemy me, but I try really hard not to be involved in raids (personal reasons) and restrict my PK's to events and defence and the occasional faethorn. And more then 80% of the enemying I've received, the people didn't even bother to look what I did, but instead just posted random something I've supposedly done. It irks me probably a lot more then it should irk me. They are enemies after all, but I'd rather have myself enemied for stuff I've done :-(
  • Eh, I got enemied to Glom for raiding even though I didn't participate. I messaged the person who enemied me but they didn't even bother to reply. What can you do in a situation like that but to just embrace the enemy status?
  • I got pre-emptively enemied to Glomdoring for being a Celestian combatant. Which, I'll admit, is at least accurate, though kind of odd.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Inaccurate enemy statuses come from all organizations, and since carrying a status from an organization that is not on your 'team' has little implication on your day to day playing, there's no reason to feel any annoyance about it.
    See you in Sapience.
    @twytch As far as I am concerned, am not very logical there, it irks me more then it should, really. And it's not the enemy status itself, it's more the reasons given for it. If the reasons would apply to something I've done, I would've shrugged, nodded, smiled and moved on.

I feel like, in hindsight, I should've deleted the name of the person enemying me. It has nothing to do with him personally, it happens from all orgs, am sure.
  • ***********************[ THE GRAND EMPIRE OF HALLIFAX ]************************
    Citizen                Rank                     Position                    CT 
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *****                    Serf                                                Off
    *******************************************************************************
    Currently, there is 1 Citizen on this Plane and 0 on other Planes.

Asia time, why you so empty :(
    See you in Sapience.
    edited March 2016
    I understand the annoyance. I actually quit the game once after a few enemyings after playing a pacifict for RL years. But honestly, it's not worth getting upset about.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I have years old enemyings that I keep meaning to get around to cleaning but eh. I promise life goes on!
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I really wish I wasn't at work, I'd log on and post my ridiculously long enemy list. Wear it like a badge.
  • edited March 2016

Tridemon said:
    I got pre-emptively enemied to Glomdoring for being a Celestian combatant. Which, I'll admit, is at least accurate, though kind of odd.
    I wasn't the one who did it, but I'm pretty sure the reason was that people were being enemied to Terentia and other Celestian (and in some cases Hallifax organizations) for just defending themselves on Ethglom or in Faethorn. Places that don't have anything to do with Terentia at all. Glom got pretty annoyed by it and some people have started pre-emptively enemying to Glomdoring just for being a combatant.

Will say this, Nienla has and will overturn enemy statuses if you can provide reasoning as to why you don't feel it's justified. Like not being actually present at a raid or a Faethorn skirmish is one of them.

Edit: I also view enemy statuses as merit badges, honestly. Gotta collect them all. Though, with my laurel scroll, I'm missing a few enemy statuses that I'm pretty sure I'd have were it not for the scroll. Oh well.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I enemy anyone and everyone who fights against me, for whatever reason. (though I frequently forget to check if people are enemied, but don't worry, I'll get you eventually). 

I also tend to unenemy for free.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Synkarin said:
    I enemy anyone and everyone who fights against me, for whatever reason. (though I frequently forget to check if people are enemied, but don't worry, I'll get you eventually). 

I also tend to unenemy for free.

... Why, though?

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight