QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    edited March 2016
    So my shrine stuff hits them

and exalt and stuff.

and maybe my beast is tuned to tell me when order enemies enter and leave the room.

A variety of useful reasons that help me win.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Okay. I'm one of those people who get really irked when enemied just for fighting against someone while defending, because why should I have to pay a fine later on just because you feel like using shrine powers against me? BUT, if the unenemying is free later, that does make it better!

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    (To go back to the Vernal Demigod vs Vernal Ascendent)

You have 100 Demigod weight versus 150 Ascendent weight.

You can only have one Vernal power active if a Demigod.

You can't fast claim Domoths and a Demigod can lose Demigod.

You do not get increased vitals for being a Vernal (or at least, before the overhaul).

Your organization should almost never have more than two Vernal Ascendents, the math does not favor it.

@Tylwyth: Omni whatever allows you to hear and project your voice across all planes/bubbles/things like that.

@Rancoura: That is exactly why Divine have Orders with Shrine powers. So someone can enemy you just so they feel like using shrine powers. That's the entire purpose of why Divine have allies/enemies. 

2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    edited March 2016
    Well, Synkarin didn't mention that he only enemies to his Order. Also, being new-ish to combat, I didn't think of individually-carried shrine powers. Still irks me unless I've actually raided the Divine's realm, defiled their shrine or something else as direct.

Before an earthly flight

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Rancoura said:
    Well, Synkarin didn't mention that he only enemies to his Order. Also, being new-ish to combat, I didn't think of individually-carried shrine powers. Still irks me unless I've actually raided the Divine's realm, defiled their shrine or something else as direct.
    This I want to see, @Rancoura !
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

You are an enemy of the Divine Order of Maylea, Bloom of Serenity.
    You were enemied on 9th Estar 421.
    The reason for your enemying: 'Slaying a dryad wreathed in flowering kudzu'

Oh, it's been done.

Before an earthly flight

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    VA gets increased vitals (max of 12800) vs demigod 12300. Otherwise
    Rancoura said:
    You are an enemy of the Divine Order of Maylea, Bloom of Serenity.
    You were enemied on 9th Estar 421.
    The reason for your enemying: 'Slaying a dryad wreathed in flowering kudzu'

Oh, it's been done.
    \m/
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• edited March 2016
    The Wheel of Tzaraziko crackles with a brilliant display of colours, rewarding you with a Czigany coin. 
    _______ 
     Uh, is that ironic?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Tylwyth said:
    The Wheel of Tzaraziko crackles with a brilliant display of colours, rewarding you with a Czigany coin. 
    _______ 
     Uh, is that ironic?
    No, because the free spins aren't as good as coin spins, and those aren't as good as iron coin spins. you got an upgraded spin.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Plus that counts towards the 25 coin spins needed for a 50 credit bonus.
  • Shaddus said:
    Tylwyth said:
    _______ 
     Uh, is that ironic?
    No, because the free spins aren't as good as coin spins, and those aren't as good as iron coin spins. you got an upgraded spin.
    Not the same thing. But I'm pretty sure I got a normal coin as a reward for an iron one.
  • Rankings XP:

Rank Player Title

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#1 A small shrubbery

Hahahahaahaha!

• Ssaliss said:
    It would, however, be "better" to raise a VA, and then wait until you're ready to raise a new one before descending the old one. It'd still cost as much, but you'd end up having two active VAs instead of just the one (the first two both cost 2m power).
    I don't know if you can raise/lower at the exact same time/confirm like that, hence my use of descending and then ascending. I'd also rather not try, given I screwed up the command once and accidentally had to get the Council to re-do the entire process.
  • You can. I descended Tacita and ascended (can't remember who) about an hour apart. That hour was just for the ceremony of it; I could've just descended/ascended immediately.
  • (College): Nahid says, "A flying dirigible just gave me clothing!"

(College): Nahid says, "Is that normal?"

(College): Ilthilior says, "Yes."

(College): You say, "The robes sent in your direction are enchanted against blunt and cutting damage."

(College): Ilthilior says, "That's the clothing fairy."

(College): You say, "Exactly!"

(College): Nahid says, "My, and here I thought they were just a gift! But a fairy, a fairy makes
    them much better."

(College): Sylvanas (from the Earth Elemental Plane) says, "Fairies?"

(College): Sylvanas (from the Earth Elemental Plane) says, "This is not Serenwilde."

(College): Esca says, "I think that was a joke."

(College): You say, "Not if it is a clockwork fairie."

(College): Ilthilior says, "It was. Dirigibles are used by adventurers to send other people things."

(College): Ilthilior says, "Some people have them, most don't."

(Magnagora): Nahid says, "Are there really clockwork fairies?"

(Magnagora): Esca says, "Someone could invent them."

(College): Sylvanas (from the Ethereal Plane) says, "I would like to see a clockwork fairy."

(College): Sylvanas (from the Fire Elemental Plane) says, "It would be most fascinating."

(College): Shango says, "I want a clockwork crocodile. A clockodile, if you will."

(College): Sylvanas (from the Air Elemental Plane) says, "...the puns. It hurts."

(College): Esca says, "I'd rather a clockwork giraffe. Or you could say... a gearaffe."
  • Elves are in seren, Faelings(the closest thing we have to faerie) are in GLomdoring.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Pixies are probably closer to the Tinkerbell-type of fairies, and those hang out in Serenwilde.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • edited February 2019
    Seren is filled with pixies.
  • And while Glom does have racial bonuses for Faeling, we still get them in Serenwilde often enough
    (College): Ilthilior says, "Some people have them, most don't."

In Glomdoring, someone would have responded with something along the lines of:

Indeed. It is unfortunate that not everyone is blessed with a sense of humor.

#bringShikariback 

• (Ship): The Dreadnought says, "Havastus is no longer locked into the command chair. If ye ain't blowin' up e'ery so often, people 
    ferget who ye are!"

• If you ain't blowin' up, it means Havastus ain't drivin'!
  • Arix said:
    If you ain't blowin' up, it means Havastus ain't drivin'!
    Not necessarily true. We blow up even when I'm not driving.

I think I'm just a bad omen. Don't let me on your ships, folks!

edited March 2016
    Meanwhile, in Glomdoring:

(Glomdoring): Salome says, "Nothing matters but Glomdoring."
    (Glomdoring): Prizka (from the Fire Elemental Plane) says, "Glory be to Glomdoring."
    (Glomdoring): Crek says, "Glory be to Glomdoring, yes!"
    (Glomdoring): You say, "Yes!"
    (Glomdoring): Niico says, "Glory be to Glomdoring!"
    (Glomdoring): Jinrou says, "Glory be to Glomdoring!"(Glomdoring): Ulalah says, "Glory be to the Glomdoring, yes."
    (Glomdoring): Calesta says, "Yes."
    (Glomdoring): Crek says, "Yes!"
    (Glomdoring): Narynth says, "Aye!"
    ((Glomdoring): Crek says, "Ayes!"
    (Glomdoring): You say, "Indeed!"
    (Glomdoring): Nienla (from the Aetherways) says, "Too soon."
    (Glomdoring): Nienla (from the Aetherways) says, "We miss Nyir, yes."
    (Glomdoring): Calesta says, "Indeed is my word."
    (Glomdoring): Narynth says, "Hm."
    (Glomdoring): Niico says, "Quite."
    (Glomdoring): Crek says, "Yes, we miss Nyir. Honor her with ayes."
    (Glomdoring): Narynth says, "Perhaps we had better turn our conversation to matters even Nyir would approve of, ayes?"
    (Glomdoring): You say, "Yes!"
    (Glomdoring): Niico says, "I used to have eyes. No I can only offer one aye."
    (Glomdoring): Narynth says, "Who knows what role they are most suited to perform should the Talthos revolt occur in anything approaching a timely manner?"
    (Glomdoring): Crek says, "Ayes! I hear there is a referendum going on. Perhaps someone would be so kind as to remind us all as to what it is over?"
    (Glomdoring): Narynth says, "Oh, aye! The Eye's question first, yes."

#bringShikariback 

• old reference is old :o
  • The crystal-clear voice of the announcer rings across the room: "Please welcome to the Ascension Gala the silent Lord Xenthos of House Shee-Slaugh, Dark Marshall of Glomdoring."

The Xenthos Regime strikes again!

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Hey, I was coming here to quote that!  :o