Absence Thread

Comments

• :(  I know all too well the pain associated with tooth issues - both in the mouth and in the WALLET >_<  I hope things improve for you soon, @Drocilla
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • Don't even get me started on that. =(( Teeth feel like a ticking wallet disaster waiting to happen. My health insurance covers dental but their expertise is questionable and the lines are dreadful, I'd pay through the nose for their mistakes eventually. 
  • I have an appointment wednesday for a tooth I broke saturday at dinner.  Already dreading it, I feel your pain literally and figuratively!
  • edited May 2016
    Drocilla said:
    Don't even get me started on that. =(( Teeth feel like a ticking wallet disaster waiting to happen. My health insurance covers dental but their expertise is questionable and the lines are dreadful, I'd pay through the nose for their mistakes eventually. 

Really need another more fitting reaction, like a hug or something :(  "Liking" it just feels wrong.

I am due another trip to the dentist soon myself - been trying to put it off though, last time I went it was to get a couple of damaged teeth fixed and set me back around $2000 x_x  I know that my wallet will inevitably take another beating, so I am trying to put it off until after I shift to the states and find a job that has a decent dental plan.
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Computer exploded. On Google chrome and mobile until it's fixed. Will still be able to update mafia and to forum, but will not be able to log into game until computer is fixed.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    That sucks. From the symptoms you were describing, I figured ram, motherboard, or LCD.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    edited May 2016
    Thanks! I was trying to think of why stuff was happening now and not a few days ago, and one thing @Phoebus brought up was I just drove for about five hours or so, meaning it's possible the laptop got jostled in the car and dislodged something. That would line up with the timeline of this, anyway.

Just glad I finished grading early!
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Had a little too much fun rock climbing and broke a couple of fingers and my wrist (so worth it, though!) Will be a bit scarce until the things mend.
    See you in Sapience.

• Twytch said:
    Had a little too much fun rock climbing and broke a couple of fingers and my wrist (so worth it, though!) Will be a bit scarce until the things mend.
    This sucks. I always look forward to doing pk with you @Twytch. Get better!
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • Learn to PK with your toes.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Bind all your attacks to your numpad, utilise toes. Have done before and works, 8/10.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • My back is getting better but still a bitch. I'll be back soonish? Hopefully?
  • My wife was just getting ready to take the kids and go see her 94 year old granny tomorrow morning as it may have been the last time to see her and the call came in saying that granny passed this evening.

So I probably won't be about for a few days.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I've had the worst pre-wedding week ever, and now I'm house sitting. I will try to be around but make no guarantees of a proper return until next Sunday evwnung or Monday.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • edited May 2016
    Drocilla said:
    I'm alive, I swear! I have not been assassinated in a complex, covert plot of the Dentist Association. I'm better, I've just been in London and busy with work. Last few weeks I have not only gotten extra classes on top of my already ridiculous workload, but also had to prepare for them extra well (time-consuming) as I'm dealing with lawyers, insurers, and other specialized professions. Talking on their level is exhausting (or at least faking it well enough). End of school year is fast approaching and I'll stop finishing at 10pm/starting at 8am soon. Expect to see me tomorrow!

PS. Thanks for all the wishes and kind words/missing me, you know who you are.

<3
    COME BACK NOW. I WANT TO RP WITH YOU. :(
  • Rain rain go away... and stop flooding my house!

May be scarce IG the next couple of days as the waters recede and the rain stops coming. Two days in a row we've had water breach through half the house. Expecting more rain with flood warnings tonight, tomorrow, and Saturday...

Wish me luck that Sunday actually brings sunny weather.
    Zarialle's first dance:
    Trader Bob leads Zarialle through the dancers to the dance floor and brings her all the way to its heart.
  • edited February 2019
    -
  • Won't be around from Friday to Monday. Have a Personal Trainer seminar I have to attend, yay me...
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Ok so technically I am here and about and such - but we are moving house in ...3 weeks time, holy crap. And it's a big move interstate yadda yadda, we've got so much shit to pack and things we need to do to our house here before we leave yadda yadda....don't expect a lot of time or attention from me for a while! And if you -do- get a lot of either, tell me to get back to work.

• Lavinya said:
    Ok so technically I am here and about and such - but we are moving house in ...3 weeks time, holy crap. And it's a big move interstate yadda yadda, we've got so much shit to pack and things we need to do to our house here before we leave yadda yadda....don't expect a lot of time or attention from me for a while! And if you -do- get a lot of either, tell me to get back to work.
    ....yeah I won't be around much either.  If you see Lavy online ask her for her daily box count.  Unless she says, "Everything is packed", tell her to get back to work.

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• edited June 2016
    I too exist! 

...Kind of. Been really really busy lately unfortunately and my downtime has been very limited
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I'm going to be scarce over this weekend. It's my birthday, and I'm traveling to Hawtlanta-ish.
  • edited February 2019
    -
  • For those I am doing curio trades with- I am still around, just the tests and all that I am tired, they are working their way through the cancers. In a few weeks though I will be having surgery, and will get a little time to heal from that and can try to devote some to being here, and getting those curios sold off.

Currently Playing in: The doctors office. One more needle and I might just lose it again.
  • I know I just returned, but I think after tomorrow I need to take a few days before logging in again. I am getting frustrated at myself andd as "stable" as I am now I fear my past actions will repeat so going to take a few days to calm down before it gets that far.
  • Presence hasn't been the greatest lately as-is, but taking some additional time away while traveling.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I'll be out of town on vacation starting this afternoon through the 20th. I'll be able to check in more on the two weekends, but during the week I'll only be able to check in occasionally.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.