Artifact Ideas

Comments

• Orventa said:
    A ticket that lets you to turn 5 custom emotes (subject to admin approval) into official emotes and you can choose to share these with a race/org/everybody if you desire.
    I have this pimpslap emote that Gaudiguch needs to have.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Custom emotes have sold in auctions before, but it was a single emote and went for (iirc) 1k+ credits? 
  • Rivius said:
    Really like Ixion's idea above. Also want the following (been saving up this list!)

Artifact ideas:
    o Upgrade to rune of dominion

o No power-cost on DISARM CAREFULLY for trackers

o Psi-sense arti

o Threads of Urlach - Lets you teleport to a corpse

o Timeslip arti

o Reflection producing arti

o How about an artifact that gives you a chance to resist commands? Stacks with that Stag facepaint.

o Crown of commanding - Lets you order a command

o How about a pipe rune that allows you to link to a herb so you don't need to keep refilling it? Super useful in the days of smoke steam for aeon.

o Artifact that lets you listen through your beast

o Permanent waterbreathe

o herb renewal arty (like the eco skill?)

o Artifact to conceal items with glamours

So meta. Can we try to avoid adding a lot more combat impact please? Forcing actions, resisting forced actions, etc are bad.  Timeslip arty would be annoying but as long as normal cast is there, that'd be ok. Reflection should still be slow on self for that arty (no mass reflecting).

I like teleporting to corpses and such though!  if we can get shiny things without breaking things I would be so happy ^_^
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    How about an arti that makes it so that entering special exits doesn't consume balance?
  • Navigator's Diamonut
     - Attach to command chair to allow 3 additional flashpoints to be set on a ship. Flashpoints still fade if ship is imploded.

#NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • edited December 2015
    Talan said:
    Navigator's Diamonut
     - Attach to command chair to allow 3 additional flashpoints to be set on a ship. Flashpoints still fade if ship is imploded.

I don't know if I've brought up this idea, but How about an Astro-mnemonic Diamonut. It attachs to the command chair and turns into a "Flash Drive" a small box with a horizontal slit in one side. You buy blank "Flash Disks" seperately. PUT BLANK DISK IN DRIVE and then you can TRANSER <flashpoint>t TO DISK. You can GET DISK FROM DRIVE, to switch it out with another Disk(blank or Flash Point).And if you have an "empty" slot in the ship you can TRANSFER <flashpoint> to SHIP, if you have it on a Disk in the Drive.

This way, ships keep their 3 FlashPoint limit, but it's now a soft limit.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Tylwyth said:
    Talan said:
    Navigator's Diamonut

I don't know if I've brought up this idea, but How about an Astro-mnemonic Diamonut. It attachs to the command chair and turns into a "Flash Drive" a small box with a horizontal slit in one side. You buy blank "Flash Disks" seperately. PUT BLANK DISK IN DRIVE and then you can TRANSER <flashpoint>t TO DISK. You can GET DISK FROM DRIVE, to switch it out with another Disk(blank or Flash Point).And if you have an "empty" slot in the ship you can TRANSFER <flashpoint> to SHIP, if you have it on a Disk in the Drive.

This way, ships keep their 3 FlashPoint limit, but it's now a soft limit.
    It seems like the disks would persist through an implosion (purchased separately), in which case, emphatically no.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
    How about an arti that makes it so that beast minorbreath costs no mana at all? (or at least during bashing)
  • Talan said:

It seems like the disks would persist through an implosion (purchased separately), in which case, emphatically no.
    Why?

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Destroyed ships lose their imprints when they implode, stopping them from very quickly returning to the scene of a fight, for instance. 
  • So flash disks help with conflict! Yah!

• Urlachian Key: Functions like the Catacombs map, Unlock <village> to use.

Feather of Dionamus (powerful artifact rumoured to be from the wing of the god Himself.): Raise a denizen. Abuse protection: Requires corpse. Can not raise a supermob. Denizen returns at respawn.

Pentagram of the Enigmatic: The bearer of this item can master both High and Low magics and by learning both may use them simultaneously.

Miniature Chair: Place this rune on a chair to convert it to a portable chair.
  • edited December 2015
    Everlasting ember: When put into an oven or forge, the oven/forge in question will not burn out, allowing for longer periods of crafting.  Resets at random intervals, unlike other artifacts, to prevent mindless crafting.
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    edited December 2015
    Pack of the Youngling - 1 cr (one time purchase)

100 sips of health, mana, bromides, fire, frost, and regeneration, lucidity slush, mending, and liniment
    20 of: arnica, calamus, chervil, coltsfoot, purity dust, earwort, faeleaf, galingale, horehound, kafe, kombu, marjoram, myrtle, pennyroyal, reishi, sparkleberry, steam, wormwood, and yarrow. (can later be replaced with just the new cures, if we migrate to them completely)
    Basic robes
    Leather armour
    Shiny red backpack to store things in

Would be nice to have something that someone new (or even an alt) can bash to earn and feel accomplished, as well as help them towards guild exams and survivability. One credit for one time purchase keeps people from abusing it, and also teaches newbies about artefacts and credit purchases, while keeping the appropriate tradeskills relevant by limiting it to once per character.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Tremula said:
    Pack of the Youngling - 1 cr (one time purchase)

100 sips of health, mana, bromides, fire, frost, and regeneration, lucidity slush, mending, and liniment
    20 of: arnica, calamus, chervil, coltsfoot, purity dust, earwort, faeleaf, galingale, horehound, kafe, kombu, marjoram, myrtle, pennyroyal, reishi, sparkleberry, steam, wormwood, and yarrow. (can later be replaced with just the new cures, if we migrate to them completely)
    Basic robes
    Leather armour
    Shiny red backpack to store things in

Would be nice to have something that someone new (or even an alt) can bash to earn and feel accomplished, as well as help them towards guild exams and survivability. One credit for one time purchase keeps people from abusing it, and also teaches newbies about artefacts and credit purchases, while keeping the appropriate tradeskills relevant by limiting it to once per character.

Could further customise it by having the package available from the collegium only and have each collegium give a backpack designed around the home city or commune.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    edited December 2015
    EZ-Make Oven: The gnomes have done it again! This small, portable oven can produce the same sorts of buff cookies that are found in ur'Traps. Once per in-game day, up to 10 times max a month, you can TURN OVEN to turn a crank on the side of the oven and prep it. Next month, OPEN OVEN to receive your cookie! The color is random, and the chances for bigger sizes goes up the more times you turned the crank, as do the odds you will receive two or three cookies instead of one. You will receive no cookies if you failed to prep the oven at all in the previous month. Think a similar system to the upkeep of dingbat commodity mines.

EDIT: Yes, I was thinking this would have the same price-ish as a good ur'Trap. 
  • edited December 2015
    Phoebus said:
    EZ-Make Oven: The gnomes have done it again! This small, portable oven can produce the same sorts of buff cookies that are found in ur'Traps. Once per in-game day, up to 10 times max a month, you can TURN OVEN to turn a crank on the side of the oven and prep it. Next month, OPEN OVEN to receive your cookie! The color is random, and the chances for bigger sizes goes up the more times you turned the crank, as do the odds you will receive two or three cookies instead of one. You will receive no cookies if you failed to prep the oven at all in the previous month. Think a similar system to the upkeep of dingbat commodity mines.
    Personally, I would only support this if it had a comparable price to a fully decked out urtrap, or have a low chance of larger cookies. Currently urtraps cost 230 dingbats to boost to the maximum strength and even then it only has a 30% chance of a large or 15% chance of a huge one.  IMO the urtraps already do a good job of cookies, don't really need a second artifact that does virtually the same thing - at full strength you get one every 5 hours (so 4 per RL day pretty much, assuming you wake up to spring the trap on time), with the aforementioned chances, (plus the chance of golden bait or a coin for the wheel)
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Oh hey, what about an artifact that de-ages a person by X years? Or adds age to a person. Say, 50 years or something, no more no less. Would that lead to an outcry of 'you're stealing Halli's RP' or would that be cool? I feel it would be cool for people who like to avoid paperwork. Also it'd be way cheaper to just go to a Halli Institute/Sentinel person directly, so that avenue doesn't lose value. Idk thinking aloud here.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Sakaki said:
    Phoebus said:
    Personally, I would only support this if it had a comparable price to a fully decked out urtrap, or have a low chance of larger cookies. Currently urtraps cost 230 dingbats to boost to the maximum strength and even then it only has a 30% chance of a large or 15% chance of a huge one.  IMO the urtraps already do a good job of cookies, don't really need a second artifact that does virtually the same thing - at full strength you get one every 5 hours (so 4 per RL day pretty much, assuming you wake up to spring the trap on time), with the aforementioned chances, (plus the chance of golden bait or a coin for the wheel)
    Well yeah, I figured it probably would. 
  • Sylandra said:
    Oh hey, what about an artifact that de-ages a person by X years? Or adds age to a person. Say, 50 years or something, no more no less. Would that lead to an outcry of 'you're stealing Halli's RP' or would that be cool? I feel it would be cool for people who like to avoid paperwork. Also it'd be way cheaper to just go to a Halli Institute/Sentinel person directly, so that avenue doesn't lose value. Idk thinking aloud here.
    50 years still doesn't do enough for us old fogeys who want to be forever-21. Ageing just really needs to have the bottom limit cut out and let you de-age back to 18 if you want.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Echoing a sentiment that I'm sure other people have expressed, please make hunting dogs customizable. Or at least design a few alternate designs that we can buy, if you don't want full custom. I just want mine to be a poodle.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Sakaki said:
    Everlasting ember: When put into an oven or forge, the oven/forge in question will not burn out, allowing for longer periods of crafting.  Resets at random intervals, unlike other artifacts, to prevent mindless crafting.
    Love this idea! 
  • Steingrim said:
    Urlachian Key: Functions like the Catacombs map, Unlock <village> to use.

Feather of Dionamus (powerful artifact rumoured to be from the wing of the god Himself.): Raise a denizen. Abuse protection: Requires corpse. Can not raise a supermob. Denizen returns at respawn.

Pentagram of the Enigmatic: The bearer of this item can master both High and Low magics and by learning both may use them simultaneously.

Miniature Chair: Place this rune on a chair to convert it to a portable chair.

Double magics? God why?

Serpent and greatpent at will? Access to every trade you can have in like every guild? O_O

WHY DO YOU HATE ME.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Tags of the Watchdog: When your beast deflects an attack with the bodyguard skill, they also unleash an attack against the offender with a breath weapon (chosen randomly from amongst their known minor breath abilities).

• "Run out of steam" in combat.

I see what you did there, hurr.

Malarious said:
    The rune that lets you link a pipe to rift to autorefill is a good idea, if it needs be an arty that is okay, but that could be a tinker item too.

I thoroughly support that at a low cost as a utility arty, since it is possible to run out of steam and being re-aeoned.
    IMO, could be both. Just like how we have vial runes and teardrop sigils.
    Would an arti that lets you disenchant sigils on the ground be a bad idea?
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Nope! If I weren't an enchanter, I'd buy it.