Simple Ideas

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Referendums for families, please? Or at least for Great Houses.  :>
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Take the power cost off of SURGE with just Weathering and Workout abilities I'm at 6/10. 8 power for like 500h is not worth it. I don't see why we can't remove the power cost to make it at least somewhat unnerfed.
    The playa you love to hate
  • I don't know if there's a reason why it isn't so, but make it so that stratagem REPEAT constantly adds that action back to the -bottom- of the stratagem list, instead of it perpetually being at the top.
    See you in Sapience.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I have an envoy report along those lines in draft form, but never actually submitted it. It would be useful for some things, though.
  • Xenthos said:
    I have an envoy report along those lines in draft form, but never actually submitted it. It would be useful for some things, though.
    COuld it be customizable, like STRATEGEM REPEAT [TOP|BOTTUM]
    ?
    OR is that too complicated to code?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Maybe it's time to modify beast curing a bit? Body, Mind, and Spirit can transition into curing an aff from one of the following cure pools - dust, lucidity, steam, respectively.
  • Good idea, maybe I'll steal that for my next report. >.>

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Daraius said:
    I would love, love, love it if cartels could be deeded to families and their catalogues be accessible to any family member of the appropriate trade without occupying a clan slot, similar to the way city cartels work.
    Same for Orders, please.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Or any org, really. Perhaps not city/commune, but certainly guild (or whatever comes next).
  • Oh, I would absolutely hate that unless it's something the cartels specifically set. (like.... cartel deed designs on)

Families might be okay but once you start pushing it to orders (possibly) and guilds (definitely) you hit things like the leadership clan in the Hartstone which was made a cartel so that there could be special designs only given out for specific reasons.
  • I've long wanted to do a cartel "overhaul", essentially making it possible for cartels to lend designs to other cartels. This could "easily" be combined with that, letting cartels also share specific designs with orgs.
    Saran said:
    Oh, I would absolutely hate that unless it's something the cartels specifically set. (like.... cartel deed designs on)

Families might be okay but once you start pushing it to orders (possibly) and guilds (definitely) you hit things like the leadership clan in the Hartstone which was made a cartel so that there could be special designs only given out for specific reasons.
    I was working under the assumption that deeded cartels would work like this, not personal cartels. If you wanted to use a cartel as usual, you simply wouldn't deed it.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Can we have something like astralbeast but for the Undervault instead? Vaultbeast?
    A horde of beings swarms about Your bulk. They are diverse in shape but are, without exception, horrific to look upon. Claws and teeth without number flash across Your vision, and nebulous masses of compound eyes and writhing tentacles and spindly antennae all twist around You. With the merest thought, You open wide Your maw and lazily swallow one.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Keep it off of the kephera/illithoid to avoid accidental killing, but put it on everything else.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Sylandra said:
    Saran said:
    Oh, I would absolutely hate that unless it's something the cartels specifically set. (like.... cartel deed designs on)

I was working under the assumption that deeded cartels would work like this, not personal cartels. If you wanted to use a cartel as usual, you simply wouldn't deed it.

Except the purpose of deeding is to keep control of the clans/cartels to the org/guild/etc. the cartels I've mentioned are specifically not personal and if not deeded run the risk of being lost (along with the guilds designs) if one guild leader in the chain goes inactive which is the specific issue deeding was created to resolve.
    I'm confused, then. Are you bothered that your deeded cartel designs would be made more available?
    Daraius said:
  • Sylandra said:
    I'm confused, then. Are you bothered that your deeded cartel designs would be made more available?
    Yes, those deeded cartel designs may not meant to be publicly available to the guild but are instead intended to be heavily restricted. 

It also introduces the issue that commune/city cartels have where you can't enforce restrictions because the only way to stop someone from crafting them would be to kick them out of the guild/org/order.

In their current state cartels can be deeded to groups and the designs can be as available or restricted as said group wishes. If you have a toggle that lets the leaders designate whether or not to share the designs, then at least they can keep control of their restricted designs.
    I suppose I've just never had a super secret restricted design I've had to keep under lock and key before! I always felt deeded cartels were meant to be for a whole organization, but to each their own.
    Daraius said:
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    It can be theoretically used for things like (say) special ceremonial garb or jewelry that you need to be of sufficient rank (or have completed particular advancements, whatever) to use. 
  • I have furniture designs somewhere that were just for Elostian's temple, they we're themed really nicely for the order but they shouldn't really turn up in just anyone's manse.
  • Could just go the way of Achaea, and make it so trademasters can put passcodes on cartek designs... Can't make it, if you don't have the passcode. Can change/remove the passcode at any time (removing also makes it so only cartel people can make it, as well)
  • edited January 2016
    For the Brews and Wine skills in Cooking, would it be possible to brew/mull multiple bottles' worth at once? That way when you're trying to fill up a keg for a shop, you're not typing "BREW <recipe> INTO KEG" a hundred times in a row. Even something like "BREW <recipe> INTO KEG 10" to fill up 10 bottles' worth at a time would be a great time-saver.
    Avatar created by the amazing Feyrll.

• Irillia said:
    For the Brews and Wine skills in Cooking, would it be possible to brew/mull multiple bottles' worth at once? That way when you're trying to fill up a keg for a shop, you're not typing "BREW <recipe> INTO KEG" a hundred times in a row. Even something like "BREW <recipe> INTO KEG 10" to fill up 10 bottles' worth at a time would be a great time-saver.
    hrm it is that way for brewmeisters at least.

Syntax: BREW [<1-10>] <brew recipe #> [INTO <container>]
            DISTILL [<1-10>] <spirit recipe #> [INTO <container>]
            MULL [<1-10>] <wine recipe #> [INTO <container>]
            RECIPES <BREWS|SPIRITS|WINE> [#]

• Ooh, I never knew that it already existed! Thanks for letting me know. It would have saved me so much trouble if I'd thought to experiment more with the syntax.
    Avatar created by the amazing Feyrll.
  • I'd rather an artifact where we can add additional trades to a single cartel. Make it scale to the same cost as purchasing a new clan/clan slot, and let me stop having to be in 15 clans, waaa. 
    Wildeflower Aramel Strongleaf says to Xiran, "My cousin's attitude to life is rather like her attitude towards cake - to have everything, and at once, and lots of it."
  • Right now, elections need three people to start. This generally means that the three people are the challenged, the challenger, and one who just joins to get the election started. I think it would be better to just not require a third person.
  • Ssaliss said:
    Right now, elections need three people to start. This generally means that the three people are the challenged, the challenger, and one who just joins to get the election started. I think it would be better to just not require a third person.
    This is only true for city elections, (and I think a vacant seat will only require two people to challenge), and personally I like it the way it is. I can understand that it's irritating if there's an obvious successeur, but I think it's valuable to give people a chance to think and discuss whether to throw their hat into the ring without feeling like it's now or never when it comes to who's in charge of the city because the election's already started with the first person to voice discontent.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Except if a third person doesn't join, the election won't begin.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    That is not how it works. The third person contesting does not start the timer for the election beginning. It merely determines whether or not the election is ended or opens for voting (if there are not enough people it just gets deleted). The same amount of time is afforded for "thinking" either way. Note that this is not commentary on whether or not it should change (a more valid reason for it is to ensure a lack of "frivolous" contestations), but that specific reason does not really exist.