General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    If I may paraphrase a particularly famous Polandball, spiders are cuddle. Not clubble.

I love my spider friends that live in my home and eat all the other bugs.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • I caught a blackwidow and keep it as a pet. Her name is Natasha :D
  • edited January 2016
    you people are cray-cray. pet spiders and such -shudder-

next you'll catch a tarantula and nme it aragog
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

edit- need to vent. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! a pox on all stupidity!
    is dead like the dodo
  • and may the universe grant me the patience and wisdom to surmount it
    is dead like the dodo
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited January 2016
    It's "arachnophobia" until a black widow bites you and melts a hole through your leg. Then it's a healthy fear of things that can dissolve your body bits into spider goo. 

I'm from parts of Texas where the wildlife is persistently trying to kill you. 
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Yeah I'm getting brown recluse vibes. Not so fun. :(
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Psssh, you guys worrying about spiders in your houses. I leave one door open, a vervet monkey is in my kitchen stealing my food and making hissing noises at me.

edited January 2016
    I don't know what a vervet monkey is but if it doesn't crawl into your shoe while you sleep so it can bite your feet and melt your toenails into a spider soup, I am unconvinced it would bother me like a Brown Recluse does. 

Edit: I'll take dangerous animals I can see over ones I can't any day of the week. It's why rattlesnakes aren't that scary, they're loud. You can't just step on one unless you're stupid. I'll take your hissing monkeys, you can have our spider demons. 
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited January 2016
    When I was a camp councilor long ago in the hill country, one of my first pieces of advice to every new cabin was to constantly shake out your clothing and shoes before putting them on. Always. 

We had a lot of red eyed devils, which aren't really dangerous, they're just alarming. 
    My mother was stung by a black scorpion in her sleep in our house. It was the size of a mouse.

The general rule is the smaller it is, the more dangerous it is. The small white scorpions are a lot more dangerous than the giant black land lobsters. 
  • These guys would like to disagree with you...

• I have lost all faith in man. I'm out.
  • I'd watch that anime.
    Everiine said:
    Celina said:
    I'm from parts of Texas where the wildlife is persistently trying to kill you. 
    Don't we just call those citizens?
  • I've developed quite the little ecosystem in my home! Mind you, if I see anything -other- than a daddy longleg come across my path, I'll throw it outside, but I have gone so far as to flick ants into their webs and feed them other wounded insects. They stay out of my way and hold up in the bathroom or along corners, so I've grown to appreciate them quite a bit.

Don't kill the spiderbros, people.

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    ** The Warrior/Gear overhauls will be releasing presently. PREPARE YOURSELVES, MORTALS, FOR THE END
    IS NIGH! **

I laughed very much on that one :D
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • edited January 2016
    Kaalak said:
    Havastus said:
    You folks and your arachnophobia...

Spiders aren't looking to eat you or terrorize you. They're just there to do their spider things. You can safely ignore them, and they (probably) won't pose much of a threat to you.

Just be glad you don't have a snake problem. THOSE bastards'll kill ya!

I've got this great piece of real estate to sell you. 

It's perfect for you!
    This was only an hour away from where I live. It was super cool! 
    Wildeflower Aramel Strongleaf says to Xiran, "My cousin's attitude to life is rather like her attitude towards cake - to have everything, and at once, and lots of it."
    That's not how you spell "horrifying."
  • You just get used to the spiders! Part of living in a place that has so much greenery around it. 
    Wildeflower Aramel Strongleaf says to Xiran, "My cousin's attitude to life is rather like her attitude towards cake - to have everything, and at once, and lots of it."
  • I appreciate carpet bombing.
    You can get used to anything. That doesn't mean you should get used to anything.
  • edited January 2016
    @Sylandra brown recluse (fiddleback) spiders are not native to Florida.

Edit: At least not most of Florida.

#NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I'm awful used to shaking out my clothes and checking my shoes, I'm used to spiders invading everywhere in my house like little jerks...

DOESN'T MEAN I LIKE THEM. NO. DIE.

Talan said:
    @Sylandra brown recluse (fiddleback) spiders are not native to Florida.

Edit: At least not most of Florida.

OhthankGod. A friend was telling me one of her coworkers went to the hospital with a brown recluse bite and almost died, but she didn't specify where her coworker lived, though she implied it was here.

I will let this rave sit in General Dissatisfaction. Thank you for being kind enough to Google on my cowardly behalf.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    People don't actually die to Brown Recluse bites, it's exceedingly rare. The actual serious cases are when people are allergic. 

They just leave gaping, oozing, infected holes in your skin. ALL THE NOPES. 
    @Celina and @Talan are my favorite people right now.
    Daraius said:
  • Fun fact: you're never more than five feet away from a spider. Ever. They're everywhere, even if you can't see them.

Why would you tell me this tho.
    Daraius said:
  • Sylandra said:
    Why would you tell me this tho.
    Clearly the answer is burn down the planet and start over. This time, no spiders or bugs.