General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• Why? :((
  • I'm dissatisfied that too many lusternians have left Maryland. Come back!  :(
  • But Maryland was the ebil....
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    To be fair, it is Maryland. 
  • My dissatisfaction for the day:

Sister's pekingese crawled into our neighbor's yard and started to chase their big ass cow around. I had to jump the fence and trudge through like, ankle-deep layers of snow and try desperately to catch the dog before he got his brains kicked out. I fell on my ass like a hundred times, bruised a nail and my dog also found his way into the yard, though thankfully he was on the other side of the fence. Finally caught the stupid pekingese and just barely managed to drag my exhausted self back over the fence, and up the steep hill our house is situated on. Parents were not pleased, to say the least.

On another hand, though, I'm so happy it was a nice heifer and not a hot-tempered bull. I'm so happy we all made it out alive. So that's good, I guess. Even if I did have several heart attacks when it was happening.

Another dissatisfaction -- when people judge you without taking time to actually get to know you. Just because Yarou's a spoiled brat doesn't mean I am. At least .. I'm not all the time?

Seriously, though. If you have a problem with the way I portray my character, please please please tell me OOC. Yarou is young and, like myself, isn't afraid to let it show sometimes, despite being Magnagoran. She likes wearing frumpy pink dresses with ribbons and bows, she loves the color pink, and she is always up for a tea party. She's scared of the dark and thunderstorms, she doesn't like snakes or insects, she doesn't enjoy being around negative people. But when she gets older, she's going to grow out of a lot of these things. She's going to realize that sometimes you have to go through the dark to get to where it's light and that there's going to be days where she can't always smile and play with @Morgfyre's confetti and be blissfully ignorant.

Yarou's going to grow up and so am I. I try not to be a hateful person. I try to see the good in everyone and give strangers the benefit of the doubt, even when they piss me off or try to bring me down. If you have a problem with me or Yarou, send me a message. Even if it's something as petty as, say, 'Yarou's obsession with shiny objects doesn't fit with the rest of her character' or 'I feel like Yarou doesn't have a valid enough reason to hate illthoids' or even 'I think Yarou would look better with blue eyes' -- tell me.

I love feedback, whether it's good or bad. I'm a writer and roleplayer at heart and I'm always looking for different ways to give my characters depth and sometimes even put them through the wringer. Who knows, we may even come up with a cool reason for why Yarou hates illthoids or why she's so fond of a certain Wydren wolf @Malarious. Or we could end up arguing and agreeing to disagree [I doubt it, but hey, no one's perfect]. Any interaction is good interaction.

End rant. I think. Hopefully.

• Acrune said:
    I'm dissatisfied that too many lusternians have left Maryland. Come back!  :(

I'm still here. I know a few others that still are. Who left?
  • Talan said:
    I hate meetings with people who are perpetually 1 hour late.

Wiggle while we wait?

• Adahn transfers a potent pot of poteen to you.

You tell Chaote Adahn, "What's this .. ?"

Chaote Adahn (Male Illuminated Dracnari).
    He is 20 years old, having been born on the 16th of Estar, 412 years after the Coming of Estarra.
    He has cut his thread from the Tapestry of the Fates.
    He is an extremely credible character.
    He is a Landloper in the Fellowship of Explorers.
    He is a graduate of the Order of the Secret Flame (honours).
    He is a member of the clan called 'Smouldered Threads.'
    His motto: 'Truth, like reality, is malleable.'
    He is considered to be approximately 245% of your might.
    He is not currently active in any family.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

• edited April 2016
    *Edit*  i'm still angry.
    is dead like the dodo
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Time to let it go Xeria

Time to let it go

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • does it count if I spend all my time thinking about cutting trees down to size
  • edited January 2016
    oh, i'm not fantasizing,  i do want to do it.

i'm having trouble letting go, even with the full knowledge of why i should do so.

that bitch is the sort of bitch who gets jealous at a drop of a hat and for no discernible reason other than 'i can and you're not friendly enough towards me and you don't buy me shiny things'.

i want to nothing to do with that sort of trash if i can help it.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    is the grass greener on the other side? do any of you experience shit like this too?

is dead like the dodo
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Xeria said:
    oh, i'm not fantasizing,  i do want to do it.

i'm having trouble letting go, even with the full knowledge of why i should do so.

that bitch is the sort of bitch who gets jealous at a drop of a hat and for no discernible reason other than 'i can and you're not friendly enough towards me and you don't buy me shiny things'.

i want to nothing to do with that sort of trash if i can help it.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    is the grass greener on the other side? do any of you experience shit like this too?

If you want nothing to do with her, then stop paying so much attention to her and thinking about how to "cut her down to size." You seem to have an unhealthy fixation on her, when all you have to do to remove her influence from your life is distance yourself and let it go. You aren't being forced to interact with them, you aren't obligated to acknowledge their existence. You "spotted them" on Facebook. This person is allowed to exist, whether you like them or not. Come to terms with it, and move on. Relax.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited January 2016
    Xeria said:

No, I have medication for that problem.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I talk to the spiders in our house and refuse to let anyone kill them. If they must go, I take them outside and put them on a bush, so they can keep being spiderbros. HOWEVER. SOON AS THIS BITCH SEES A MOUSE OR A RAT OR SOMETHING I AM ON THE HIGHEST PLATFORM I CAN REACH AND HISSING LIKE PERIDOT IN THE NEW STEVEN UNIVERSE.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • edited January 2016
    color me crazy if you wish, but that attitude (Bribe me or else, dressed up as goodwill and cooperation.) seems to be rather common at that level. I'm reminded everytime have to deal with it.

@Sylandra distance yourself and relax is good advice, nevertheless, i'm finding it difficult. this one did their level best to. i'm still dealing with the fallout.

@Eritheyl medication will not solve the problem.

is dead like the dodo
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    @Tremula huh, mice don't really bother me much actually. I mean obviously you don't want them in your house, but they don't trigger a visceral "RUN FOR YOUR LIFEEEE" response from me the way that spiders do. It's the way spiders scuttle, man! I can't deal.

I'm also pretty chill about roaches as long as they aren't in, like, my food. :(

---

@Xeria well, hang in there. There will inevitably be people we meet in the world who drive us bonkers, but there's only so much time and energy we can spend on them before our quality of life starts to suffer as a result. I hope you find a way to cut out that toxic person from your life, and the negative feelings that they inspire in you.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Xeria said:

@Eritheyl medication will not solve the problem.

Not with that attitude, no. But I'm not a shrink and I have no patience for this line of discussion so I'll bow out.

Good luck :)
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • edited January 2016
    @Kaalak how is this relevant?
    is dead like the dodo
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    My grandma went to the hospital last night after what sounded to me like a panic attack, but the actual stress of the situation seems to have made things worse. Not really sure what the situation is, and I'm at work, and there's a winter storm bearing down on us, so really nothing is going well right now.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Tremula said:
    I talk to the spiders in our house and refuse to let anyone kill them. If they must go, I take them outside and put them on a bush, so they can keep being spiderbros. HOWEVER. SOON AS THIS BITCH SEES A MOUSE OR A RAT OR SOMETHING I AM ON THE HIGHEST PLATFORM I CAN REACH AND HISSING LIKE PERIDOT IN THE NEW STEVEN UNIVERSE.
    I'm guessing you feel the same about bats then? A couple of years ago, when I was still living at my parents' house, my girlfriend was spending the night when we both heard a loud chirping noise. I figured it was a bat, just one that was flying close to the window (it was in the middle of the summer). She was convinced to have seen it flying around the bedroom, but it was late and I didn't feel like getting up to investigate.

That is, until 3:00am when she shook me awake and practically yelled at me to get my ass out of bed and find that damned bat! Fine, I said, I'm always one to prove her wrong; that there wasn't any damned bat flying around my bedroom that night!

Well, lo and behold, she was right. Sitting on my pile of clothes was a small fruit bat, just chilling out. Poor thing was scared for its life! I informed the girlfriend that she was indeed correct, to which she took the brave pose of wrapping herself up in a protective cocoon of blankets until the bat was outside. So, I grabbed my phone, took a couple of pictures with the bat, then brought it outside to where it could be free.

True story!

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Not a single flurry has fallen yet and already people out on the roads are acting like wackos. Hey, wackos. Don't make me late for my appointment with your road shenanigans. Impending snow is not a reason to drive like your car is a confused snail.