What are you playing?

Comments

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Daraius said:
    How does that even work? We must start HalliFarm!
    WHAT
    WHAT
    YES YES A THOUSAND YESSES
    Farm all the things!
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Only if you let a dirty desert dweller join in :D
  • I've been playing it all day. It is just awesome.

Also is the multiplayer done?

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Next year's nature challenge should, instead of a scavenger hunt, be a Stardew Valley tean comp like war. Teams of three get a weekend to grow the best farm possible. :D
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Stardew valley's multiplayer is not out yet. It is supposedly plan, but who knows when it will be ready and out.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    In Hallifarm, Halli farms YOU.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I haven't had time recently to play LoL, but clubs recently rolled out. Is there a Lusternia/IRE club, or should I start one?
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    I started playing Elona on someone's recommendation. It's a sort of odd game, but I think I've achieved basic competence after a few miserably failed starts. The music in the first town is really starting to get on my nerves, though.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Enyalida said:
    I haven't had time recently to play LoL, but clubs recently rolled out. Is there a Lusternia/IRE club, or should I start one?
    You can add me as Shaddus, and there are a few other random players here and there.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Elona+ update: this game appears to have drawn me into its hideous sandbox web and I'm loving it. Instead of proceeding with anything quest-like, I've gone full tradeskill moneymaker, as I tend to do. Why would I investigate this etherwind garbage when I could save up to buy a farm and grow fruits to cook into puddings and stuff to sell to merchants? My little girl companion (who grew up, so I married her because she rules, but is still titled "the little girl"? The translation on this game is really questionable) dispatches all the monsters with her chainsickle while I do odd jobs for townsfolk for supplies. Good teamwork, Erannba.

I love the iffy translation. One of my favorite examples so far: 

What a luck!
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Your platinum coin looks like a stack of gold bars.
    Xenthos said:
    Your platinum coin looks like a stack of gold bars.
    Every gold bar I've found in this game has turned out to be worthless and fake, so I'm going to assume that's the stone I tripped over.  ;))
    Tell the story of your little girl getting infected by alien parasites, Phoebus. (This game is ridiculous.)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    edited March 2016
    Sylandra said:
    Tell the story of your little girl getting infected by alien parasites, Phoebus. (This game is ridiculous.)
    Haha, ok. So I was playing and minding my own business, when I suddenly found myself greeted with this message:

"Erannba the little girl draws water from a fountain. Erannba the little girl swallows something bad. Erannba the little girl gets pregnant."

After some initial shock and "wtf kind of fountain is this, PREGNANT?" I decided to hope it was another example of the iffy translation, and googled that business. It turned out to be an infestation of an alien parasite as opposed to actual pregnancy, which was in some ways better, in some ways worse. I didn't want my trusted companion being alien pregnant and eventually having a chestburster deal going on so I looked up how to purge her of her infestation, ultimately resulting in my throwing a bottle of sulfuric acid at her.

"Erannba the little girl's  child melt in her stomach." 

Aliens defeated. Erannba herself only a little melted. Translation still questionable as heck.
  • League of legends 
    I'm the worst fisherwoman in Stardew Valley. I don't understand this mechanic at all. I just wanted to catch a carp for Emily! Weep. :(
    Daraius said:
  • Sylandra said:
    I'm the worst fisherwoman in Stardew Valley. I don't understand this mechanic at all. I just wanted to catch a carp for Emily! Weep. :(
    Fishing level matters a lot. It's way, way easier once you've got a few ranks in. At 10 with a barbed hook as lure, you can catch most fish without doing anything.
  • Sylandra said:
    Yeah, it gets better with skill. I was completely confused and irritated every time I fished until I started leveling and getting better stuff for the rods.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

Oh, really? Phew, I thought I was just an idiot. I thank you all for letting me know #ItGetsBetter with Stardew Valley fishing. Time to grind so I can make the best fish dishes in the land!
    Daraius said:
  • Rolsand said:
    League of legends 
    What's your league name, brah?

Also... Just looked at Stardew Valley... I'm never leaving the house again.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Add me (CaPensiPraxis) and I'll add you to the Lusternia club I started. From there, you can friend all the other folks in the club. 
  • Y u people no play Dota 2...? :(

• edited March 2016
    I think my user name is rolsand1 or rolsand.
  • Dota seems cool but I just don't wanna play it for some reason.
  • League of Legends has a learning curve, Dota 2 has a learning cliff.

Also was playing stardew until year 2 summer I became a multi millionaire via starfruit and kegs.
  • Dota's curb isn't too bad. There are some subtle differences to LoL, sure, but overall it's much the same.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I hate denying

I didn't like it much on the original Dota and it's even more prevalent in Dota 2

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Jotun, very pretty, interesting story, side scroll adventure game.
  • edited March 2016
    Only Hallifax would get excited about farmville. 

The biggest difference between dota 2 and LoL is 1) you don't have to pay for new characters in Dota 2, and 2) 1 person can literally win or lose the game in Dota 2. Feed the wrong carry and you're just screwed. Which can be good if you know what you are doing, or bad if you get stuck with useless meatballs who can't play for shit.

At least from my experience in LoL, one person can't 1v5 the enemy team even when they are super farmed.