General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• I love dogs but I don't need a pack of them begging me for food at a cafe. I get enough of that at home. 

that's not the point of a dog cafe. It's to play with critters that aren't yours, who you don't have to clean up after. :D
    is dead like the dodo
  • Pokken tournament. Pokken tournament. Pokken tournament. Pokken tournament.

God damn it.
    come2mag
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    edited April 2016
    Student came to me to explain that another student has been acting inappropriately in my class. She acts very guilty and ashamed for sharing this information with me, as if it is somehow her fault when it's definitely not.

I'm like, don't feel guilty, this is my job. You did the right thing. This is what I need to know to make sure no one is being treated wrongly in my classroom. It's not okay for someone to be getting away with this. I'll look into it. You did good.

She kept apologizing all the way through though. It makes me so angry that people feel bad about calling out other people's crap. This is how people get away with bad behavior. And I'm not mad at her but at the system that makes this happen, because we're not supposed to rock the boat, we're supposed to look the other way to keep the peace, but as we learned in Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, the status quo is not quo. Rage against the man, etc.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • The world is a mess and @Sylandra just needs to rule it.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Don't wish that cruel fate on her. :(
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Having a really volatile day. Could you, like, get a handle on yourself, emotions? I really don't feel like dealing with this garbage today.
  • RIP Prince.... Not the kind of news I wanted to wake up to today.
    Doves will cry today.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Scanlan said:
    RIP Prince.... Not the kind of news I wanted to wake up to today.
    Doves will cry today.
    Seriously, screw you, 2016.  I LOVED listening to Prince's music when I was young.  He did a performance here in NZ back in February, but I was unable to attend.  Didn't think it would be one of his last EVER performances.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Overlooked Dr. Horrible reference for the win.

Why can't Nintendo get Star Fox right. :((
    I used to make cakes.

• Who the hell is "prince"?

why do I only hear of these 'greats' at their death?
    is dead like the dodo
  • Eldanien said:
    Overlooked Dr. Horrible reference for the win.
    I'm glad someone caught it.
  • Daraius said:
    What is wrong with the new Star Fox?
  • I would give you a hug to make you feel better, but I'm 95% sure I'd get glitter on me, and would somehow keep finding it on my person for the next three years.
    come2mag
    Ayisdra said:
    Daraius said:
    What is wrong with the new Star Fox?
    Once again Nintendo is more concerned with delivering their interface gimmick du jour instead of a solid gameplay experience. Most of the levels are just kind of dull. The soundtrack is insipid. The voice acting is lifeless. It riffs too much on Star Fox 64 without improving on (or even getting right) any of the elements that made SF64 so tight and engaging.

It just bums me out in a major way that we've now reached the point where there are more mediocre-to-shitty console installments in the franchise than good ones.
    I used to make cakes.

• edited April 2016
     I've just had to remind myself "no, I cannot hit that person" and physically restrain myself from acting on it.
    :|

X(
    is dead like the dodo
  • edited April 2016
    So, while I'm in the best possible situation for this news, I am not welcoming fibromyalgia into my life happily. I have a support system, a very close friend who I live with has it, and we've already made lifestyle changes to cater to their fibro, so I have resources and friends and I'm on the track to doing everything right I need to. It's just ... this is my life now. I'm not going to let it rule my life, but my Lusternia play time is going to be wonky until I've got this under control. I have answers, I can move forward, and I'm not alone. It's a lot less scary this way. I'm counting myself very lucky that I have what I do for this. 

(I'm like 90% sure I'm going to get rejected from the school I applied to as well, but that disappointment is offset by the fact that I'm getting my very first car, so I'm just moving forward with things and doing what I can. Maybe I can salvage this situation, I dunno. Past few days = roller coaster,)
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    So my 3 stepkids' biodad, who can't seem to keep a job or pay child support, was able to send his 14 year old daughter an 800$ laptop on a whim just because she mentioned she didn't have one. Within 4 days of her mentioning it.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Achy, dizzy, and freezing.

Please don't let me be sick.
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
    The semester is almost over. But it's not over soon enough. :(
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    edited April 2016
    Sylandra said:
    Adding to this. Friend was in ER today. Was very stressed out. I have so much to do tonight and all I really want is to lie in bed, not feeling anything. I'm just too tired to expend anymore emotional energy today.
    Daraius said:
  • edited April 2016
    Sylandra said:
    Sylandra said:
    Adding to this. Friend was in ER today. Was very stressed out. I have so much to do tonight and all I really want is to lie in bed, not feeling anything. I'm just too tired to expend anymore emotional energy today.

:(  Sorry to hear things are so stressful, hope things improve for you soon... *big hugs*
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • edited April 2016
    I've had Rihana's 'umbrella' sung by postmodern jukebox stuck in my head for a few days now. I don't really care for rihana!

is dead like the dodo
  • Are you happy? Shit gets us all down in the end, but are you happy with you? where you are?

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • Stay up all night studying for upcoming theory exam. Do it again next night. Do it again next night. Do it... You all get the idea.

Get email from instructor: Due to unforeseen circumstance I have had to cancel and reschedule the theory exam date. It will now be June 5th.

I am to old to remember this shit for that long!
  • My truck fucked up again. This time it appears to be the front passenger side brake locking down, followed by a complete loss of brakes.

I'm selling this mother fucker.
    come2mag
  • Someone asked me if I was 24 this weekend. 

Then today, this guy referred to me as "daddy." I'm 29. :(:(:(:(:(:(
  • So. Today I learned that it's essentially impossible for me to get a raise. It doesn't matter that I know the computer systems like the back of my hand (in some instances, far better than the people who are hired as techs). It doesn't matter that I'm far more flexible than most people, and that I can fill essentially any position in any department. It doesn't matter that no matter where I am, I work far harder than they expect me to. I still only get paid the same as a temp worker that does less than half of what I do at the lowest end of the lowest department. Unless I'm in a position where I'm in charge of people, it's impossible for me to get paid more. Yay...