Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Shaddus said:
    You people are like 12 year olds. Wildnodes used to be manually activated, and many times the admin would forget until it was late. Now, it's (so far as I know) preset to either randomly pop every other Sunday or just bug the admin until they do it. They've been on Saturdays because when sunday midnight GNT hits, it's Saturday evening in the US.
    The admin specifically said the last time that this came up that it is hard-coded to occur between the Sunday weaves (which is what I said, and they didn't believe me then until an Admin stated it... and now they are still not believing it).  /shrug
  • I have no evidence to support the 12 hour window, merely an impression base on experience. But I also miss a lot of nodes.

If the admin have stated 24, they are a far more reliable source (the only source).
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    There was one time the admin had to work out how to hold off wild nodes for us since it was going to occur right in the middle of the Bloodfaire ball and VA raisings (was super super nice of them to do that!!). It's not manually started. They just delayed it for us that one time.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Xenthos said:
    Shaddus said:
    You people are like 12 year olds. Wildnodes used to be manually activated, and many times the admin would forget until it was late. Now, it's (so far as I know) preset to either randomly pop every other Sunday or just bug the admin until they do it. They've been on Saturdays because when sunday midnight GNT hits, it's Saturday evening in the US.
    The admin specifically said the last time that this came up that it is hard-coded to occur between the Sunday weaves (which is what I said, and they didn't believe me then until an Admin stated it... and now they are still not believing it).  /shrug

Exactly. And sometimes it'll hit on "Saturday" for some people because it's still Saturday in the US but Sunday in GMT. People don't seem to understand that.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I was absolutely fine with everything that happened, including the inconveniently-timed DC.

Right up until the fire.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I need a better echo for when I go into dreambody, so I can more easily tell when my alias has somehow failed and I'm not actually out of phase. 
    It's been a while for me, but I always just set my system to pause and unpause for dw
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    edited May 2016
    Shaddus said:
    Xenthos said:
    Shaddus said:

Exactly. And sometimes it'll hit on "Saturday" for some people because it's still Saturday in the US but Sunday in GMT. People don't seem to understand that.

We're not denying this, but Saturday evening EST, is like midnight GMT which means it's later in the day on Sunday where Falmiis and Lavinya are, on the weekend. The complaint was that later Sunday GMT times fell on Monday for them. I think you missed the beginning of this, or are just harping on Xenthos for being Xenthos

@Thul - fire did me in too

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    I'm not harping at all. I thought I was correct and Xenthos was agreeing with me while thinking I was wrong at the same time.
  • Force Commander Maligorn Shevat yells, "You've got to be kidding. You have them outnumbered 5 to 1 and you're still running from debates?"

You snort and snuffle at the air, sensing through a ridiculous pig nose upon your face the faint traces of others in the surrounding area.
    Asmodea                - Estelbar General Store                   - v3721
    Ceros                  - Blueberry Patch                          - v3709
    Ciaran                 - Blueberry Patch                          - v3709
    Bleuu                  - Wheat Fields                             - multiple
    Koba                   - Mrs. Trundle's Living Room               - v4508
    Falmiis                - Estelbar General Store                   - v3721
    Sikris                 - Blueberry Patch                          - v3709
    Esca                   - Fruit Cannery                            - v3699
    Salome                 - Chik's Chicken Coop                      - v3732
    Yarith                 - Butterfly Circle                         - v3697
    Eicia                  - Wheat Fields                             - multiple
    Cyna                   - Estelbar General Store                   - v3721
    Maligorn               - Cannery Row                              - multiple
    Aeden                  - Wheat Fields                             - multiple
    Azula                  - Wheat Fields                             - multiple
    Scanlan                - Wheat Fields                             - multiple

Actually, @Maligorn, there were 9 northerners and 6 southerners.
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Sorry, I should've said you outnumber the -Celestians- by that much. You know, the people actually taking the village at the time.

• Indeed! We were not outnumbered during the revolts!

I'm just happy that I threw together one influencing alias, and 2 debating aliases in 30s and managed to shatter a bunch of people and get the last influence in Acknor.

I feel like a hero! Even though @Falmiis, @Asmodea, and @Yarith were really holding it down and on top of their shit.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • edited May 2016
    Maligorn said:
    Sorry, I should've said you outnumber the -Celestians- by that much. You know, the people actually taking the village at the time.
    Uh. It was Glomdoring vs Celest so still a pretty big exaggeration. Plus Celest had Hallifax to help while Glom had basically no one because they were all basically novices or useless. (Me.)
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • edited May 2016
    I had fun, when I showed up no one was there but one little Seren, we were having a little adventure claiming seperate halves of the Village.
    Everything was peaceful, I had a cookie and was laying down comfortably...

THEN

Aaaaaahhh, I don't know how to debate, what is this I don't even, who is actually taking the village, some things are Hallifax, others Celest, some Seren...
    I had fun though, Yarith, Ciaran, Bleuu(cheese), and Falmiis, you were fun and if I knew how to debate I would have,  (Oh yeah and Asmodea) 
    Not Aeden though, he moves too fast and debates instantly on room entry, I just ran in circles until he got bored.

As a side note: Why is debating so easy to walk away from, that seems kinda broke but I am told its intended and not like janky or anything.
    Sylvanas said:
    Maligorn said:
    Uh. It was Glomdoring vs Celest so still a pretty big exaggeration. Plus Celest had Hallifax to help while Glom had basically no one because they were all basically novices or useless. (Me.)
    Okay? It's a heckle, not a peer-reviewed journal. People run. It's frustrating. Salome actually ended up shattering me because we both did not run.

AFAIK, Shuyin likes to berate us for assigning values to players, so really Synkarin, Xenthos and Cyndarin are as potent a team as Sylvanas, Cyna and Koba.

Also, it's not my fault you guys didn't literally focus the -two Celestians at the time- and debate them out. Salome, by herself, could've probably done it with the least bit of support. But you just keep watching those denizens, gurl. ;)

• edited May 2016
    Its the grown up thing to do! @Shaddus

Also I am awful at quoting, so yeah have a pretty box.
  • Lol, outnumbering the actual people, being called out on it and defending 'heckling', and THEN blaming the people who were there by telling them in a sarcastic tone to 'keep watching those denizens, gurl'. Wow. So maybe we were wrong, it's not that you guys can't take a loss. Because you can't even take a win that was achieved with superior numbers gracefully. Gj.

edited May 2016
    ...Except I haven't "defended" heckling. I just said that running away from debates is frustrating.

And I haven't blamed anyone for anything other than standing still (which is what Sylvanas admitted to doing, because she was a Magnagoran, not a Glomdorian trying to take the village).

If you'd shattered the Celestians, chances are Hallifax would've pulled out or you would've won the village. Or failing that, harrassing the Celestians to the point where they can't stay in one room or risk being shattered...I mean, there are a lot of things wrong with "y'all just won because of numbers". No, we won because people were specifically doing nothing.

But I'm really trying to not get into another 10 page argument on Tweets.

EDIT: We also won because the South opted to pull out even though they had the advantage on villagers. You really have only Glomdoring and Magnagora to blame here.

• Maligorn said:
    Okay? It's a heckle, not a peer-reviewed journal. People run. It's frustrating. Salome actually ended up shattering me because we both did not run.

Also, it's not my fault you guys didn't literally focus the -two Celestians at the time- and debate them out. Salome, by herself, could've probably done it with the least bit of support. But you just keep watching those denizens, gurl. ;)

• FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon

Lavinya said:
    Damnit a revolt in what should have been a perfect time window for me. Except it was the one day I'm not home. I really like debating. Boo. Booooooo.
    I like debating too! Hit me up if you want some practice.
  • edited May 2016
    Edit: This post is obviously directed at Maligorn.

You were called out for yelling about numbers, you defended it by saying 'it's a heckle, not a peer reviewed journal', as though that makes it fine. And in the same post, added that sarcastic and patronising last line. You won, fair and square. Why you would throw mud on top of that and try to act like a victim for being called out when you actually DID yell something factually inaccurate is beyond me. But whatever.

I suppose I'm salty because Sylvanas is running to the forums to shame me about this thing that happened IG instead of saying something, you know, IG. I'm shaming her for trying to shame me. That's about it.

But whatever.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    edited May 2016
    @Maligorn has a history of talking trash* when it's convenient and they have the clear advantage.

He'll even start it, and try to call you out on it if you throw it back in his face.

We call that being a sore winner

*editted because I apparently offended delicate sensibilities with a different word

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • #MaligornMath
  • I go shaman to prevent forest fires, and storms/lightning fires happen when I'm sleeping. Wooooe.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Buckets and a liquid rift full of water seem to be more efficient at firefighting anyway. >_> I wish I didn't know this.
This discussion has been closed.