General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• Derrick Berry from season 8 and Tatianna from season 2 are having a BRITNEY SPEARS DRAG OFF in DC tomorrow and I can't find a single person to go with me. Worst day of my life.
  • Well I think you found your reason why no one wants to go...

Derrick Berry ....
    Accept no imitations

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    edited May 2016
    Oh Britney Berry. Bless her heart.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Derrick was terrible, but Britney Derrick was amazing. He just never got to show it off
  • Ugh, Britney Derrick was Britney in the face, but she was boring as all hell. Give me Tati any day.
  • Tati is the headliner at a DC bar every weekend! I've seen her a few times now. She's so good.
  • Derrick was terrible, but Britney Derrick was amazing. He just never got to show it off

Like that chance he got in Snatch Game?
  • Web design class... had A's all semester, then failed a major project and the final. Why? No idea on the final, we can't view anything about it or how it was graded(and all short answer/essay, not multiple choice). Major project? Because unlike everyone else who I showed the website to, he couldn't figure out that the list on the side were actually links to other pages. ...Ok, sure, except that I also submitted FIVE documented html pages to him. What'd he think the other THREE of them were for?

He regraded it after I complained about it, but still. Never had a class that I understood less about why I did so badly.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • Bought a pack of Stacker 2 Yellow Jackets extreme energy yesterday.

Took three of the four pills today (gave one away.) Each pill is 300mg of caffeine, with an assorted other bunch of stimulants. Still managed to nod off while standing at the end of the day. I believe something may be wrong with me.
    come2mag
  • Tynghall said:
    Bought a pack of Stacker 2 Yellow Jackets extreme energy yesterday.

Took three of the four pills today (gave one away.) Each pill is 300mg of caffeine, with an assorted other bunch of stimulants. Still managed to nod off while standing at the end of the day. I believe something may be wrong with me.

Fatigue could be a sign of anaemia (iron deficiency). It might be worth visiting your doctor and getting some tests done to check your iron/vitamin/mineral levels.
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • edited May 2016
    Hnnnng. 

My internet in the new apartment sucks! Often laggy, something like 10 random disconnects in the last hour or two...

No idea what to do!

edit: and died from another DC :(
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Sakaki said:
    Tynghall said:

Fatigue could be a sign of anaemia (iron deficiency). It might be worth visiting your doctor and getting some tests done to check your iron/vitamin/mineral levels.
    Fatigue is a sign of a lot of things, though. Anaemia, depression, diabetes, flu, any of a number of sleep disorders, (ironically) caffeine addiction or withdrawal...and those are without considering environmental factors like the workplace temperature, work engagement levels, presence or absence of repetitive or constant low-frequency sounds...

My point is, talk to a doctor and suss it out with them.
  • ^ I couldn't agree more! #TeamKimChi
    Lol I literally was halfway through watching the finale, had to stop because lunch was over, then read this thread. Spoilers!!! (Jk was kind of prepared for this)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • edited May 2016
    When the boss's boss's boss's boss (aka Regional Manager for the entire East Coast) comes in to town and you get "volunteered" to have him sit with you all day and listen to your calls with clients to find out about the competition and how we're doing in the marketplace. AKA why we are doing poorly here.

Don't these people understand how horribly this messes with your work flow? Plus, they haven't listened to what I have to say about my market for the past year, but NOW they are? #wontholdmybreath

• Bob the Drag Queen won. I mean, I like him and all, but he's like a less interesting Bianca Del Rio.

Kim Chi is probably the most original Drag Queen in the show's history. Should've been her!

Bob was a shoe-in. He's just overall talented and very marketable. I la-la-love Kim Chi, but she couldn't have won. They wouldn't do back-to-back avant-garde girls, and the whole thing with adamantly refusing to tell her family about her drag doesn't jive with the self-accepting message of the show. I think the exposure is prize enough when you've got real talent, as she has.

Chi Chi should have been final-three though, not that leggy miss pyt. I hope she gets to go overseas to New England one of these days.

#NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • edited May 2016
    Yeah I can see why he won, I think he is more entertaining in the general sense. Like he'll put on a more entertaining show while they are on tour. 

Aside from the neon look, though, I hated his look. Bianca is a comedy queen but still did drag, and was funnier. If he said "people come to see me, not my makeup/clothes" one more time, I was going to dropkick my tv.

P.S. Britney Off update: Derrick Berry was a very BLAH Britney. The look was ridiculously good, but his dancing....it's hard to describe. It was basically memorized choreography but with no natural rhythm. That and both his performances were like 15 minutes long. I get you are a Britney Queen, but you don't have to do all of her hit.

Tatianna killed it. I hope she's on All Stars 2. 
  • Trying to study for upcoming exams.
    Head not in the right space for it.
    Read chapter, get to review questions, sit there like "Did this chapter actually talk about this stuff??"
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Mix rave/gripe:

My boyfriend sent me a really nice picture of himself. It caused me to get a nosebleed because I was hyped up on Hydroxycut, which I thought only happened in anime.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Nothing a good pump and some elbow grease cant clean up....
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Ughughuhgughugh. Between regular wear of life, random nightmares, mild dehydration, changing jobs, and the wedding planning, I'm losing more and more time for destressing, creative pursuits, and fun. 

Adulting sucks. Can I go back to being an irresponsible horny 20-something in a college apartment? Or, you know, do that the first time?
  • edited May 2016
    Luce said:
    Sakaki said:
    Tynghall said:

Fatigue is a sign of a lot of things, though. Anaemia, depression, diabetes, flu, any of a number of sleep disorders, (ironically) caffeine addiction or withdrawal...and those are without considering environmental factors like the workplace temperature, work engagement levels, presence or absence of repetitive or constant low-frequency sounds...

My point is, talk to a doctor and suss it out with them.
    The one time I donated blood (a year or so ago, I think, maybe longer), they said I wasn't anaemic. As for the other factors: workplace temperature is whatever temperature it is outside, engagement is fairly active all day, and noise-wise...Hammer drills, hammering, sirens, movement alarms, etc. etc.

I really do need to talk to a doctor, though. But that would require to miss work. And not only would I have to miss work, I would have to pay money to miss work because of the doctor's bill. On top of that, unless I'm just absolutely miserable (strep or similar), I avoid going to the doctor. Buuuut, I'm pretty damn tired of being so damn tired.

come2mag
  • When I was getting stupid fatigue, we tried fixing some vitamin deficiencies, and then did a bunch of tests that ruled out auto-immune diseases. Turned out, I have fibromyalgia. Like, go get checked out. Being tired all of the time sucks and it wears on you, so finding out what's wrong is the best bet. Even if it's not something like fibro, you can get it treated and go back to functioning with more spoons.
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited May 2016
    My first day off in a full week and I spent it at the hospital with my g-ma who fainted and hit her head this morning. 90% of that time we were just waiting in the lobby. She's fine now, and I'm tired.  :-<
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    At least she's okay. <3
    Daraius said:
  • Letting go is hard. Feelings are hard.
  • edited May 2016
    I've been ill all morning with rather sharp pains in my stomach, my boss lets me go home, get home.. start feeling better. I hate you stomach, with a burning passion of a thousand suns. (or the hatred that Lusternia Sun seems to have)

Edit: Oh no, it's back, it's going to be one of those days I think.

=((

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• DC Metro system is hot garbage.