Comments

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Jaint? No Jhanks.
  • Phoebus said:
    Jaint? No Jhanks.
    It's the font I swear :D
    Your numbers today are:
  • Crows before hoes.
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • edited July 2016
    I made a lot of these >_<

Moderator Note: Let's not put profane pictures up on the forums, please.
    Your numbers today are:
  • So much waiting around to do. x.x
  • Apologies for the abrupt departure there, nice person. Minor emergency.

Not sure if "say (OOC) Oh s*** gotta run sorry sorry sorry" is ever appropriate in those circumstances, but hopefully the gist got across.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Hoaracle said:
    Obvious solution: create an emote that is pretty much "oh shit" so that everyone knows you gotta split. 

well, come on. Make an OSHI emote.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • who get's that emote? Or did you just make that up?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

It's made up but amusing.

Merians could use another emote >.>
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Zyphora said:

emshow oshi
    Untargetted:
       1st Person: You frantically glance around, seeking an opportunity for escape. "SO LONG AND THANKS FOR ALL THE FISH," you shriek as your gaze alights on a possible out.
       3rd Person: Sylandra's eyes widen comically as she frantically glances around like a cornered mouse. "SO LONG AND THANKS FOR ALL THE FISH," she shrieks abruptly.

Targetted:
       1st Person: You frantically glance around, before wincing apologetically at Iosai. "SO LONG AND THANKS FOR ALL THE FISH," you shriek as your gaze alights on a possible out.
       2nd Person: Sylandra frantically glances around, before wincing apologetically at you. "SO LONG AND THANKS FOR ALL THE FISH," she shrieks abruptly.
       3nd Person: Sylandra frantically glances around, before wincing apologetically at Iosai. "SO LONG AND THANKS FOR ALL THE FISH," she shrieks abruptly.
    Please make this a thing?
    @Estarra @Ieptix @Drocilla ? :D
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • GG Lusternia. Because every time someone raids, they want it to be 8 vs 2 and fight the whole northern alliance.

Guess it's time to look into other PKing IREs, like it seems everyone else is doing.
  • Raiding is not like other avenues of PK. The raider chooses to fight. The defenders do not -- they must, for the sake of roleplay and morale. Defenders are well within their rights to bring down the biggest hammer available.

If it's a Faethorn scuffle or some other mutually and equally optional avenue of combat, sure, let's parade around the equivalent-numbers banner. Hint hint wink wink, wtb Imperian's shardfall system.
    See you in Sapience.
  • I don't care about being outnumbered. When I raid Seren, I expect all of Seren's defenders to come. There's no RP behind the PvP right now. The defenders are well within their rights to request whatever help they want, I agree. But it's not RP.

The US has a treaty with Israel but the US doesn't bomb the Gaza Strip every time gunshots go off. Global politics has never been worked like that, and neither has Lusternian RP. There was a day when Lusternia wasn't one giant "Alliance vs Horde" pvp match.
  • edited July 2016
    No, the US just gives Israel the money to buy the guns and bullets. 

P.S. Alliances have been the norm in Lusternian politics ever since Glomdoring came out and it became easier to split 2v2 (and 3v3 after Hallifax and Gaudiguch).
    See you in Sapience.
  • There was a day when that wasn't the case, Twytch. Glom came out like 10 years ago. Within the past few months of playing, I feel like I'm playing WoW in text form.

Do you really think that this is just a random coincidence that a majority of the top tier PKers don't play Lusternia anymore?
    Correlation doesn't prove causation.

What's the actual complaint here?
  • I think most of the top tier PKers get ascended and leave, js.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • This isn't really about PK or anything cause I just kinda ignore it most the time....buuuut

I am noticing that the population for Lusternia isn't really enough to support 6 City/Communes, I found in other IRE games culling to make activity better is not necessarily a bad thing.
    I can't be alone here in thinking perhaps we find a way to integrate some of the player base, because everything is stretched so thin, I know Glom is pretty dead, Gaudi is even worse...when you barely have enough people to support the positions of a player based City and the Guilds within it I dunno, have these options been considered?
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    That's exactly what the guild reformation is trying to address. It's not merging six orgs into less, but it is taking our absurdly high number of guilds and culling them.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • I am not even sure the guild reformation is going make a huge change, the City/Commune population in general is quite poor. Overall game population I mean.
  • If we start deleting larger orgs, how is that decided? Population? Activity? Say good bye to Gaudiguch, Glomdoring, or Hallifax. Seniority? Good bye to Hallifax and Gaudiguch (or Serenwilde, Magnagora, or Celest...). It's easier for the guilds, since you're still retaining the overarching "RP" (Light, Wyrd, Harmony, Chaos, Taint, ...Serenwilde...).
    See you in Sapience.
    Apparently this meeting of the minds in Las Vegas us slowing down pets, customizations, and retirements.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    They're meeting in Vegas and didn't tell me? Jerks. I wanted to see how short Esty is in person.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    edited July 2016
    Ceros said:
    I don't care about being outnumbered. When I raid Seren, I expect all of Seren's defenders to come. There's no RP behind the PvP right now. The defenders are well within their rights to request whatever help they want, I agree. But it's not RP.

The US has a treaty with Israel but the US doesn't bomb the Gaza Strip every time gunshots go off. Global politics has never been worked like that, and neither has Lusternian RP. There was a day when Lusternia wasn't one giant "Alliance vs Horde" pvp match.

I've not seen many raids happening in my waking hours, but 99% of them (including yours, sorry) were either:
    - single person who dashes as soon as a single -seren- defender shows up to look what's going on.
    - 6+ people raiding group where of course your next reaction is to clan ALLIANCE tell we got a raiding party here, help. pls, now!

That being said, if I see a raid, I usually try to take them on my own if they are reasonable ( or bring one or two serenwilders, bc, on most of my waking hours that's about all we have in terms of actual pkers ). Aeldra will not involve the alliance on ethereal Serenwilde unless there is no other way. If you of course just run whenever you see someone showing up to defend and then come back once the defender withdraw, Aeldra will eventually decide you need to be tracked down and call in more people.

That's just my opinion of course. Maybe you can explain what exactly is bothering you there, because I'm genuinely interested in that.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Post logs.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
This discussion has been closed.