the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Rolsand said:
    I could probably do this nine more times if I get a stone and why would I lie about doing the quake last night?

Oh my god that sounds horrifying. 9 quakes?!? And according to you there's another quake user?!
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Rolsand said:
    If the mafia gets their hands on my Pokemon they can stop watchers/protectors from doing anything.
    That is, of course, assuming the watchers/protectors are pokemon and not trainers.
  • @Rolsand that's a thin defense...lot's of if's, and it's also random. I wouldn't bank on that saving you in anyone's eyes. (Not that you're gonna die, just devil-advocating your "defense")
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
  • Ssaliss said:
    Rolsand said:
    If the mafia gets their hands on my Pokemon they can stop watchers/protectors from doing anything.
    That is, of course, assuming the watchers/protectors are pokemon and not trainers.
    But what if my evolved Pokemon comes with the ability to affect trainers.
  • Phoebus said:
    Kilee said:
    Please don't tag me 18 times in a thread, I still read the thread :/ and the forums are weird and don't always clear my notification
    At least for me, the notification doesn't clear unless I check each one on the little globe icon, and not the ones that are just by my name at the top. Does that help?

Unfortunately it's standard to get pinged a lot during Mafia, because it gets someone's attention and also makes it easier for you find posts where people asked you something later. Also, if anyone quotes a post where you were pinged, you'll get pinged again, which is annoying. I try to avoid doing that if I can help it.
    You can remove the @ symbol I believe and it won't ping the quote
    Your numbers today are:
  • That poke is too much for me: it could be used again tonight, it could land in the hands of someone we don't want it to, and on top of that, Sandshrew doesn't evolve with a stone, it evolves with exp...how that's handled when it hit's multiple pokemon, I don't know...but I'd rather not find out.

Vote: Rolsand
  • Iosion said:
    @Rolsand that's a thin defense...lot's of if's, and it's also random. I wouldn't bank on that saving you in anyone's eyes. (Not that you're gonna die, just devil-advocating your "defense")
    Have you ever thought about a third party getting it? They don't care about either sides.
  • Lol are you serious?
  • We'll just have to calmly and patiently explain to the champion that this is the correct and lawful response to a case of unknown murderer/saboteurs. Or suspected murderer/saboteurs.

We'll probably need someone to talk him through his nervous breakdown after we leave someone hanging out here in the desert. The important thing is that everyone act like it's normal and rational.

Meanwhile, having a hard time keeping up. Information overload. I suspect that Tremula specifically assigned Rolsand a jester role, from comments outside the thread, so not worried about him as a target. Vaguely suspicious of Kilee still... 90% certain that someone in the Othero/Krackenor/Sylandra situation is scum of some variety, but I don't have a way to sort innocent from guilty. Besides lynching each in turn. Which is probably bad.
    You said you are a third party, Rolsand.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Actually...unvote. Moment of clarity that he was, at least, willing to work with us.
  • So hey, I wonder if that Sandshrew got got Exp for trying to use Magnitude, and for getting hit with intimidate. We might be able to use Deino's power to farm some XP if a better use for it doesn't come up during the day. <_<
  • Sylandra said:
    You said you are a third party, Rolsand.
    But I'm willing to work with you guys. And also evolution stones can evolve your Pokemon.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances

Thul said:
    We'll just have to calmly and patiently explain to the champion that this is the correct and lawful response to a case of unknown murderer/saboteurs. Or suspected murderer/saboteurs.

We'll probably need someone to talk him through his nervous breakdown after we leave someone hanging out here in the desert. The important thing is that everyone act like it's normal and rational.

Meanwhile, having a hard time keeping up. Information overload. I suspect that Tremula specifically assigned Rolsand a jester role, from comments outside the thread, so not worried about him as a target. Vaguely suspicious of Kilee still... 90% certain that someone in the Othero/Krackenor/Sylandra situation is scum of some variety, but I don't have a way to sort innocent from guilty. Besides lynching each in turn. Which is probably bad.
    As I believe Sylandra said earlier, I doubt someone would create a big, complex game intended to run for a while, and then throw a jester into it.
  • "Willing to work with you guys" until he flips mafia ftw.

Vote: Rolsand (I promise I'm done voting now)
  • Phoebus said:

As I believe Sylandra said earlier, I doubt someone would create a big, complex game intended to run for a while, and then throw a jester into it.
    Could be some other big, complex thing that happen when he gets lynched besides ending the game. 
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Lehki said:
    So hey, I wonder if that Sandshrew got got Exp for trying to use Magnitude, and for getting hit with intimidate. We might be able to use Deino's power to farm some XP if a better use for it doesn't come up during the day. <_<
    Not attempting to say this is bad, or honestly let you know how anything works, but that statement right there is why most all information on how experience gain works is hidden from public eye.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • See I just read that as confimration that there IS a possible way to exploit XP gain and that we should start trying things.
    If you sacrifice a virgin on the night of the full moon while Sylandra stands on her head with two Graveller balanced on her feet, every pokemon in the game will evolve at once. /facetious

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    My gosh - on top of normal mafia dealings, we now have to battle and level our pokemon.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Iosion said:
    @CyndarinAscends you've been ridiculously defensive about Rolsand since the beginning. You're smart enough to not be that open about it if you both were mafia, but damn...he deserves at least 60% of the shit he's had thrown at him. C'mon.
    Stop. I haven't defended anyone. I had to explain Rolsand in the greater context of the forums/mafia games just to slow down this townie death spiral.

We shoud've stopped and lynched him, just like I said to do, rather than blowing through powers and revealing to the mafia some tools we are working with. Now the mafia can work around intimidate. That's helpful. 

Now you're back to voting/unvoting/voting for him again based on the same information we already had. He has a third party win condition, which in my 'defense' of him I made very clear that we could just lynch him with that info. I don't know, this feels like the appropriate time to do the "I told you so," dance. 

• Whats the point of lynching me even though there's players like Luce that haven't even talked yet? For all we know Luce could be Mafia or someone with a Pokemon that we can pick up.
  • And that goes for anyone who hasn't talked.
    I honestly don't care who you guys want to vote for, Rolsand or Kilee. Even Krackenor. I picked my side, more people should be putting their vote with their mouth is. We have lots of information on the table. Start making it clear what you want to do with it, and if your train gets traction, more people might hop on it.

You have to be willing to risk something to win this game. All this guilting about which choice is the wrong choice is leading to a bunch of indecision. 14 votes is a lot to build up. We have 3 days I know, but that's not always as long as you think.
    Daraius said:
  • @CyndarinAscends Apologies (again, first game so I'm working through it), I kept wavering and, with a game this big, I'm sure a lot of others are too.
  • Tbh right now I think the mafia is one you guys that are constantly tryi to get me lynched.
  • PS. The rules made it clear you could evolve any pokemon with a stone. Not cannon, but neither is intimidate as an active skill that lowers special attack power/stops an attack outright. So there appear to be a lot of wildcards that aren't true to the games.
  • PS. The rules made it clear you could evolve any pokemon with a stone. Not cannon, but neither is intimidate as an active skill that lowers special attack power/stops an attack outright. So there appear to be a lot of wildcards that aren't true to the games.
    I don't think it made clear that ANY pokemon can evolve with a stone. The post said evolution can occur through stones, and that we can get stones at events. 
  • FYI (and the formatting it turrible...)

Nobody: 2 (Kilee, Lehki)
    Rolsand: 7 (Makaela, Othero, Krackenor, Sylandra, Cen, Synkarin)

Make that 8 with my recent vote
    Apologies if that seems unclear, Pokemon who evolve through stones can only evolve through stones, and Pokemon who do not evolve through stones cannot evolve through stones and MUST gain experience to level up. Fixing FAQ now.