Pokemon Go!

Comments

• Today I got a vaporeon. For some reason, the eevee evolutions are wildly more powerful than anything else around here so basically all the gyms have a flareon or jolteon. 

I also got a growlithe, a scyther, and an electabuzz. I just need a magmar and I'll have collected all the crappy  pokemon from gen 1 that no one used because they didn't evolve into anything. 
    Did you find a Kangaskhan, then?
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Kangaskhan is adorable because of its mega-evolution and I love it :<

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I went exploring aka "on errands" and found two gyms at a shopping center I enjoy. Huzzah! \o/ Maybe I can Pokemon after all??
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I held a gym for a hot 3 minutes today before I got kicked out. :(
  • Currently holding four gyms surrounding the golf course I live on one side of...everytime I see someone battling, I have to put on my running shoes and take it back from Mystic, stop steppin' on my turf
  • All my catches kept freezing today, but thankfully the game showed them as being successful after force stopping the app so many times. Lost a lot of incense/egg time though. Did manage to find a jiggly puff, which made it a bit better. Also met some local Mystic players for the first time.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • The mall next to my office, which I walk through every day to get to the metro, has basically turned into just a bunch of people walking really slowly and pointing their phones at nothing and flicking their screen. It's like a weird zombie movie.
  • the next zombie movie will be starring Pokemon! They will eat us all!
  • The funniest reaction I've seen so far is that we're all acting like a bunch of 12 year olds because we need a phone app to go outside, since we all grew up playing outside. Someone clearly doesn't understand Pokemon. 

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• I personally think the Hells Angels reaction is funniest, I think someone here linked to the articke earlier
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I gave up because I don't find the core mechanic very engaging, and the gym bugs frustrated me. Bye bye Growlithe. :(
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    I just blew all my data on Pokemon Go and have to wait 4 days for it to replenish. Omg. I've never been that irresponsible with phone data in my life. So ashamed. ;_;
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Daraius said:
    I gave up because I don't find the core mechanic very engaging, and the gym bugs frustrated me. Bye bye Growlithe. :(
    The gym issues are directly linked to the server strain which they are fixing and they are looking to add more features
  • Yeah, remember this is like...day 5 since launch. It's still suuuuper early.
  • So, downloaded the APK and installed it that way. I have like six pokestops within 20m... I can sometimes reach two of them just sitting at my computer.

That being said, considering I don't really have a data plan (I've never really used my phone that much), I can't move very far from home before the charges start adding up. I'm almost considering getting a data plan for a month, just so I can pokemon with it...
    I'm considering lurking at a coffee shop and bumming their wifi. There are no Pokemon in my neighborhood. >_>
    Daraius said:
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    A pokemon ranger-esque catching mechanic would be a great change/addition, imo.
  • I has a Go. The first pokemon I caught, aside from my starter, was a Paras.
    Update: life's not so bad. I caught an Eevee at work. There's a Raticate outside and I'm tempted to look for it but I fear it's beyond the wifi signal. 8-|
    Daraius said:
  • I got a gym today with my 1100 CP Vaporeon. 

Then I lost it to a 750 CP Flareon.

I don't understand how this game works. 
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    I got a gym today with my 1100 CP Vaporeon. 

That's some "Pikachu beating Onix by setting off the sprinkler system" level nonsense.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I preferred Meowth beating Onix with a bucket of water, personally.

They probably beat the gym with a different pokemon (such as the awe-inspiring Jolteon) and then put in a different pokemon once they took it over. They give you the option of which pokemon you want to drop off once you take the gym.

• I haven't even gotten to gyms yet, I'm still a level 4 trainer! Since I live in Washington there are so many grass/flying/poison types. I've yet to find the elusive Pikachu, Mew or anyone similar. But I'm a big newb at this, and I only watched the Pokemon Generation I as a little kidlet, so!
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • I grabbed Pikachu as my starter. <_<

Did you conquer Lincoln Park? There's a 1100 CP Vaporeon sitting pretty atop Abe's hat.
  • I've taken a gym! I don't expect my 185 raticate to LAST very long, but Instinct shouldn't have left it in the hands of a 180 drowzee.
    I was about to catch a really sweet Golbat today and my phone froze and died. :( In other news, I am now the proud owner of a tiny portable charger.
    Daraius said: