the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• I don't need a target for my power, and it went through.

My pokemon power does need a target and I thought it looked like it worked on my end, but the target hasn't mentioned anything about it. 
  • Lehki said:
    Iosion said:
    Personally, I'd like to see this straightforwardness, because Krackenor has brought a case against you with evidence, and you're just deflecting. Up to the masses though.
    I would say more evasive than deflecting, but semantics. 
    Would definitely like more clarity in the situation. It is possible that you and Krackenor are both telling the truth, but we need to know more about what happened last night to say if that's the case for certain.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Hmmmmm, interesting. That lines up with a scenario where your Trainer power is unblockable but your Pokemon was blocked, @Lehki. Too bad Krackenor doesn't have another proper Pokemon block to compare this too, gah!

You said that your target hadn't mentioned being acted upon by your Pokemon. Should it be a noticeable action?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I imagine it should have been. My target actually said that nothing happened to them last night, but I didn't want to call them on that because they're probably not scum and I figured they might just be protecting their pokemon.

I guess I'll just say it, it's not too big of deal.  I went after @Melali's Deino because I got type advantage against it and I want that sweet sweet XP.
  • Sylandra said:
    Krackenor said:
    Sorry, that reads horribly and I want to clarify. I do not think you knew you were roleblocked because you either do not have or did not use a night action.

Not that I'm trying to court suspicion here, but how is that different from what happened with me on Night 1?
    It's different for two reasons: you knew I was there because you're a psychic, and it wasn't suspicious because you never claimed to take an action while blocked
  • Lehki said:
    I imagine it should have been. My target actually said that nothing happened to them last night, but I didn't want to call them on that because they're probably not scum and I figured they might just be protecting their pokemon.

I guess I'll just say it, it's not too big of deal.  I went after @Melali's Deino because I got type advantage against it and I want that sweet sweet XP.
    Going after the pokemon of someone you believe to be not scum is in itself pretty scummy, unless your pokemon power deals no damage or something.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    edited July 2016
    It takes quite some time for Pichu to finally emerge, but when he does come out of his Pokeball, he looks quite happy to stand directly in the sunlight. He takes a moment to stretch before running up and latching around Lehki's leg, hugging him fiercely and rubbing his cheeks against the human's legs. Several bright, yellow sparks travel along Pichu's body before enveloping Lehki in a fierce glow that sends his arms flying this way and that way as he jitters and jerks. He finally falls backwards onto the, thankfully, soft sand, letting out a curse as he hits the ground. Satisfied with his work, the little mouse bounds back over to Krackenor, singing his name softly to himself.

Lehki is now paralysed. While he cannot move or act, he is still able to speak and vote. Play continues.

Vote Count -

Ushaara: 2 (Othero, Sylandra)
    Lehki: 1 (Krackenor)

With 24 trainers alive, it's 13 to lynch!
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Well ow. Can somebody at least prop me up in the shade or something? :p
    Is there a reason that my vote and Othero's vote adds up to 3?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Lehki is a guy too?!? The gender reveals are almost as exciting as the game itself!
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
  • @Sylandra I was there with you guys, unvoted, count didn't get updated

• Luce said:
    Anyway, @Thul my matchmaking is based entirely on alignment, or so I've been lead to believe. Why would it fail to pair up two town members who I tried to pair up?

To answer your question and @Synkarin's, there was a chance that anything and everything that happened to me on N1 could fail outright. I really don't want to go into specifics, but the mechanism of how it works means that I don't get the information everyone else seems to be getting. Mildly annoyed about that.
  • Sylandra said:
    No one is asking you to role claim yet, @Lehki. I'm just curious who you targeted. Unless you're concerned because you targeted someone who claimed being targeted at night? In that case I can understand your hesitation but it also makes me suspicious of you by default. We are just trying to confirm whether or not your action went through.

@Krackenor I agree that is questionable, but devil's advocate: I also can think of a few powers where role blocking would be ineffective. In my first ever mafia game I had a power where I could take a post from the dayphase and ask the mod if everything in the post was true or not; I was blocked every night by the mafia, but doing the truth ability still went through because it was an individual action. Lehki's claiming his was targeted though which is odd, admittedly. Not sure how that would fit the umbrella of powers I can think of being unblockable tbh. :-?

Anyway, Syl, I can only go by the information that was provided to me, and that clearly stated that I block any action. I really don't want to start down the rabbit hole of 'can we trust the bolded print'.
  • I have no idea whether or not Krackenor blocked Lehki's action, but his Pokemon could not have hurt my trusty Deino anyway, because when I Jail someone, I also tuck myself away with them. Thus, me and my Pokemon are immune to night actions, as well as whomever I protect. This does mean that any Pokemon that uses a Night action is useless to me, though.
    That's fair. If your role says you block all actions then Lehki taking a successful action is weird. Was just commenting that's not always standard in these games, so the claim itself didn't look as odd to me as I imagine it did to you. But your role text, if true, is pretty damning.
    Daraius said:
  • @Lehki did you get confirmation your attack on Deino was successful?
    One niggling inconsistency is nagging at me though, @Krackenor. If you're right about your role blocking powers working in any and all situations....

...then why did my passive psychic aura still activate? Does that already disprove the generalization of "everything can be blocked"?
    Daraius said:
  • Ileein said:
    Lehki said:
    I imagine it should have been. My target actually said that nothing happened to them last night, but I didn't want to call them on that because they're probably not scum and I figured they might just be protecting their pokemon.

I guess I'll just say it, it's not too big of deal.  I went after Melali's Deino because I got type advantage against it and I want that sweet sweet XP.
    Going after the pokemon of someone you believe to be not scum is in itself pretty scummy, unless your pokemon power deals no damage or something.
    In game, it doesn't do any damage, but who knows in this. Tremula's been rather vague on my questions about XP and battle. I'm just trying to evolve my sweet baby. ):
  • I have clarification from the Higher Power that blocks do not affect passive effects. I was concerned about that too.
    Huh. Good to know.
    Daraius said:
  • Sylandra said:
    One niggling inconsistency is nagging at me though, @Krackenor. If you're right about your role blocking powers working in any and all situations....

...then why did my passive psychic aura still activate? Does that already disprove the generalization of "everything can be blocked"?

I prevent my target from taking any action. Triggered effects were clarified to not be affected because an action is not taken to activate them... I'm assuming passive effects also fall into that category.
    How about this: can anyone confirm that Tremula gives you an alert when your Pokemon gains exp? This would be useful knowledge to have going forward when it comes to confirming Pokemon actions and verifying blocks.
    Daraius said:
  • Also pretty certain it doesn't because Reasons. (I've basically annoyed the shit out of her with newbie questions.)
  • She doesnt* (for clarification)
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Because Reasons
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Sylandra said:
    How about this: can anyone confirm that Tremula gives you an alert when your Pokemon gains exp? This would be useful knowledge to have going forward when it comes to confirming Pokemon actions and verifying blocks.
    I'm pretty sure she said at one point that there's no indication of exp until your pokemon starts to evolve. I'm not sure if this was in the thread or one of my PMs to her though
    So frustrating! No clarification on Poke-battles and now no clarification on evolving?! I want all the knowledges. :((
    Daraius said:
  • I understand how vague I'm being is frustrating, but I'm gonna keep the details of my power quiet until it becomes neccasary to talk about, to reveal something vital to town.

With the flavor of it, it's something I have to actively do for most of the night, but I don't need to leave the cabin to do it. Which (to me at least) explains how the quake interrupted me but Krackenor sitting outside my door did not.
  • Swear to god if you spend the whole night sewing skin-costumes, I'm gonna be pissed.