Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    The trick to that one is having a good set of aliases/scripts to input the results of the puzzle. 
  • I should clarify, in case the creator of said quest sees this... I actually screwed this particular one up on my own, because to lock in your answer you needed to PUSH the tablet, and I TOUCH'd the tablet, which resets it manually. My own stupidity, admittedly, but amplified by the pain of solving it.

Thanks for the ideas about aliases/triggers to help, though. This was my first time attempting it so I didn't have the time to craft some up, and then I was so angry that I just teleported away and QQ'd. I'll have to give it another shot later.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    It feels nice when your husband schedules something around your return.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • SMASH ALL THE THINGS
  • You relinquish the title of the Crescendo of Transformation. With a blinding flash, the Twisted
    Bracers of Jagrerox leaves your possession.
    You resigned from the Champion position of Cacophony.

I shall miss you, song length buff. :(
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
    Nothing more satisfying than going to bed and Edling up to chaos. Mafia is beautiful.

• People who send me tells in obnoxious accents. I don't want to piece together what you're saying.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• edited July 2016
    Alright, I'm clearly not supposed to do quests. This is the latest in my series of failed questing. For those who don't know the quest, the phial is supposed to contain an elixir that gives you a big boost to your power reserves. Instead, I apparently got a bugged version.

You are wielding:
       magnum139377 : a magnum blastworks in your left hand.
       sling120615 : a leather sling in your right hand.
    You are holding:
    "phial23872"                            a phial of clear liquid
    "phial111424"                           a phial of clear liquid
    "phial31483"                            a phial of Ceria's elixir (filled with fragrance)
    You are wearing:
    Number of matching objects: 3 (out of 133 total)
    (5305h|100%) (7230m|100%) (5690e|100%) 1p (63.8%) (exdb)-
    You drain the last dregs of fragrance from a phial of Ceria's elixir.
    The liquid flows down your throat, searing every inch of internal flesh it touches with agonising 
    pain.
    + Geochemantic Engineer Naecia, Apprentice of Letters --------------------+
    | Sex    : Female                    Birthday   : 8th Shanthin 424        |
    | Race   : Undead Master Viscanti    Age        : 22                      |
    | Mentor : Sabella                   Mentorship : Not able to mentor      |
    +----------------------------------------------------------------- Vitals +
    | Health : 5305/5305     Endurance : 20420/20420     Power    : 1p        |
    | Mana   : 7230/7230     Willpower : 20420/20420     Reserves : 0%        |
    | Ego    : 5690/5690     Mindset   : Analytical      Esteem   : 0         |
    +------------------------------------------------------------------ Karma +
    | Karma  : 54%                                                            |
    | The karmic blessing of knowledge : 1 hours 36 minutes                   |
    | The karmic blessing of harmony   : 4 hours 1 minutes                    |
    +--------------------------------------------------------------- Rankings +
    | Experience : #410  Paramortal              Level : 77 63.80%            |
    | Explorer   : #1983 a Pilgrim               [================----------] |
    +---------------------------------------------------------- Organisations +
    | Guild      : a Crawler in the Dirt in the Geomancers                    |
    | City       : Serf in the Grand Dominion of Magnagora                    |
    +------------------------------------------------------ Clans and Cartels +
    | The Wyrmwood Artisan Cartel         The Academy of Mountains            |
    +-------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    A phial of Ceria's elixir contains nothing that is drinkable.

And then, just to really make things worse, the reward at the end of the quest? It spawns in a random location locked away in a part of the area that only opens at noon for a short period of time. And it's DUSK. I'm sure by the time noon rolls around again, it will have disappeared.
  • I actually haven't been able to find the power gem in all the times that I've tried it, including times where I had access to the recreation area.
    Really? I've gotten pretty good at sweeping the place for it, I find it most times. I went on a big kick of doing it at least once a day a while back, it only rarely is impossible to find. Sometimes it can be picked up by a still-awake npc if you're unlucky. 

• If that happens you might be able to get it back with charity influencing....
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

Or more surely by killing said NPC. Well, all of them. 
  • Dylara said:
    People who send me tells in obnoxious accents. I don't want to piece together what you're saying.
    I don't understand why aethers and tells are effected by things like drunkness or accents. They're thoughts :|

that being said remove drunk effect on aethers please :)
    Your numbers today are:
  • Phoebus said:
    Kilee said:
    Dylara said:
    People who send me tells in obnoxious accents. I don't want to piece together what you're saying.
    I don't understand why aethers and tells are effected by things like drunkness or accents. They're thoughts :|

that being said remove drunk effect on aethers please :)
    Do your thoughts stay perfectly sober and logical when you're drunk? Mine sure don't. No matter how much I think they do, to everyone else it'd probably come out like, Phoebus tells you, "howW's it gGooeing ;0"
    :D
    Your numbers today are:
  • Dear affinity,

I'm becoming more likely to entirely rage quit by each new weave. Not that I'm doing anything more than influencing lately anyways. With that logic in mind, I actually stopped playing a while ago. Grinding is not fun.

With love,
    Eat shit.
  • Every voyage down to try and empower the throne of urlach just makes me regret it more, especially with the current frequent drops of internet I've been having
  • Perform Sober is yo friend

That awkward moment when you accidentally doom an entire generation of Mareep due to inbreeding trying to impress your Lusternia friend.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I... think I have enough credits for a pet with everything I want.

Except now I have no clue what I want the pet to be :( .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Re-reading some really old quotes posts back from my first year playing. I am left half missing certain people and how fun things used to be, half thinking oh god, I was such a teenager, I'm so sorry.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited July 2016
    I know that feel, and I don't even have the excuse of having been a teenager when Daraius was born.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    edited July 2016
    Whoa, timeslip watch. Uh... 
  • Enyalida said:
    Whoa, timeslip watch. Uh... 
    You pay 300 bound credits and receive a timeslip stop watch.
    Basically. It's really very strong. If it gets a big and deserved nerf, they really should offer refunds >_>
  • edited July 2016
    Rofl. It's avoiding one attack with a cooldown. Such a dramaqueen. I don't think I've ever seen timeslip play a significant part in group battles. 
    Upkeeping timeslip is a longer cooldown than upkeeping reflections, and no one has complained about that, so I think we're fine.

• Reflections drop on aggressive actions so it's not -quite- the same thing, though I do agree that it's not as big a deal as it is being made out to be. That said, I'm not really sure I like it.
  • Yeah, timeslip isn't that big a deal. It can affect group combat if everyone uses it, and it's entirely possible a melder with timeslip can escape opponents who don't take it into account. I don't like it on the principle that we need less dodging abilities, not more. But w/e.

edited July 2016

Rofl. It's avoiding one attack with a cooldown. Such a dramaqueen. I don't think I've ever seen timeslip play a significant part in group battles. 

Sure, if you're first target in a huge dogpile. It's a good way to know when you're being shifted to while avoiding that first attack (which is almost always a hinder while everyone else changes targets). In the same vein, it's a good way to avoid a rad, chainyank, gust, tackle, igasho carry, whatever when you're trying to do your own pulling or otherwise are inhibited from shielding (or shielding won't help) . Reflections and avoid don't do that!  Yep, it's not the end of the world. 

I'm not a superfan of making any guildskills into common skills through items or artifacts, though. I feel like it dilutes the game mechanics and makes them more bland. When you're at the point that an ability is totally ubiquitous through artifacts (like scent or leap or geyser etc.) it's probably time to retire it as a guild skill or give that skillset a new ability on top. This is particularly the case for stuff that doesn't cost any money, like the enchants - but is still a lesser problem for artifact powers. 

That's a really awesome dismissive put down though. How many credits does it cost? 
This discussion has been closed.