Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• Waiting to buy whole skillsets
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • It's the creep. Timeslip is fine now, what's fine tomorrow? :3
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Would entirely consider paying for like... some kinda thing that lets you access certain abilities even if the skill is dormant.

Mostly because I want sapling (prime territory only), totem carve, and totem bond available all of the time >_>
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Aeon artie, do it.
  • 100% fire unleash staff.
    See you in Sapience.
  • Enyalida said:

Rofl. It's avoiding one attack with a cooldown. Such a dramaqueen. I don't think I've ever seen timeslip play a significant part in group battles. 

Sure, if you're first target in a huge dogpile. It's a good way to know when you're being shifted to while avoiding that first attack (which is almost always a hinder while everyone else changes targets). In the same vein, it's a good way to avoid a rad, chainyank, gust, tackle, igasho carry, whatever when you're trying to do your own pulling or otherwise are inhibited from shielding (or shielding won't help) . Reflections and avoid don't do that!  Yep, it's not the end of the world. 

I use timeslip in this exact manner and it's definitely saved my life a lot.
  • edited July 2016
    Timeslip doesn't create new or exacerbate any existing issues. Buy a vial of salt and shield your friends, save yourself 300 credits. My advice is free, Enyalida. Edited so we can all be nicer.
  • Whew, that ego.
    See you in Sapience.
  • edited July 2016
    My allies can entangle people so it should be no biggie to get an artie for ka grapple, ya?

Edit; Guardians with convoke tho...

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    edited July 2016

Yarith said:
    My allies can entangle people so it should be no biggie to get an artie for ka grapple, ya?

Edit; Guardians with convoke tho...

but @Yarith - you specifically told me that grapples weren't useful unless you could get the finisher off. Surely a grapple artie would be equally worthless in the hands of a non-monk.

(and sure, you can have a 100% fire unleash staff artifact. Good luck being in your own pyromeld to use it though)

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Eh, I'm pretty sure we were discussing the Tahtetso grapples compared to the other methods they have like double hemi but context doesn't really seem to matter around here anyway. zz

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Props to @Demartel for fighting me solo, and to @Twytch for not interfering. It probably wasn't terribly entertaining for you, but I will get better :)

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    edited July 2016
    Yarith said:
    Eh, I'm pretty sure we were discussing the Tahtetso grapples compared to the other methods they have like double hemi but context doesn't really seem to matter around here anyway. zz

So what you're saying is that ka grapple IS useful unless you're a tahtetso? 

I never said double-hemi wasn't the better option, just that it wasn't the only option and you proceeded to tell me why grapple was useless. Context doesn't help your case there, because if it's useless for tahtetso, then it's useless for all other monk specs, and would be exceedingly useless for non-monks

zzz

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited July 2016
    Twytch said:
    Whew, that ego.

Sorry. Could you speak up? I couldn't hear you over the really loud complaining about choke nightshadeblues shadowtwist unleash staff pyromancer unleash staff.
  • I'm right here next to the sign that reads "Aeon".
    See you in Sapience.
  • edited July 2016
    AB TAROT AEON

Please don't equate doing my job as an envoy to your partisan hackery. Thanks!
  • I feel that this novice is mocking me.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.

Tridemon said:
    I feel that this novice is mocking me.

He is.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    I feel saddened when you meet a character, no less then a week old, that already display knowledge that is far beyond your own and already get the feeling they have their enemies picked out for them :-(
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Well, he's left Celest, in any case. Not really my problem anymore. 
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
    Personally, I think New Celest could do well to encourage people to do what the Supernals tell them to do. Otherwise, they have people that do bad things, like how some Celestians slay the children in the TBC to keep it from being raised.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    Personally, I think New Celest could do well to encourage people to do what the Supernals tell them to do. Otherwise, they have people that do bad things, like how some Celestians slay the children in the TBC to keep it from being raised.
    Mechanics > RP
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Tell that to Stewartsville. They revolted, alone, for RP reasons one year.
  • Spamming grapple over and over is great 1v1, fully recommend.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
    Yarith said:
    Spamming timeslip, web, aeon over and over is great 1v1, fully recommend.

ftfy
  • Gotta use what your kit gives you

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
    Yarith said:
    Gotta use what your kit gives you

Yarith said:
    Spamming grapple over and over is great 1v1, fully recommend.

• edited July 2016
    Actually, no. Spamming grapple over and over in 1v1 is not great.

Vanilla grapples (hold, choke, lock) no longer build any momentum. Period. You can add in kicks or whatever, but if there's an unarmed grapple in your form, that form doesn't build momentum.

Grappling without the speed modifier means you don't recover balance before your opponent writhes out. It's 3.5s balance, neutral.

The only vanilla grapple that allows you the speed modifier at 0 or 1 momentum is the hold grapple, which does nothing except prevent movement. Nope, not even damage, and the opponent will still be able to attack.

The lock grapple will prevent the target from using the limb that is locked. The best limb to lock is therefore arms - which prevents them (though not everyone) from attacking as well as running (because grapples prevent movement). It's basically a writhe-cured damagedlimb. However, it does not count as the target being prone. Which means, I'm pretty sure, it doesn't stop instakills that are stopped by web, and it does not enable prone-requirement abilities.

In other words, it is point-for-point either the same, or worse than a web enchantment.

There is literally no point to use vanilla grapples unless you're going for the grapple ender. Spamming grapple over and over 1v1 is literally the worst thing you can do as a monk.

Edit: Okay, I exaggerated a little in my very last sentence. The literally worst thing you can do as a monk in a 1v1 is to heartstop before the fight has even started. Shouldn't have used the word "literally" there. Spamming grapple, however, IS the worst offensive option a monk has. I think only Nekotai oothai is the only damage-primary grapple in the game, where the point of the grapple is not the ender but the damage of the grapple. But even an oothai is much better served by being paired with an amihai for bleed (which is also damage) and free affs. Spamming oothai over and over again is also pretty pointless.

• I think they were doing a satire bit.
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • Well, sorry that I'm touchy about people telling me how overpowered I am.

You'll get that way too when they do that for around 4 real life years.

This discussion has been closed.