Real World Raves

Comments

• Rancoura said:

I might seriously hire you to print something for me!

...if I can find someone to 3D model what I want.

For me it's less about finding someone at this point and more about deciding exactly what I want.
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • Happy because I'm back to playing Lusternia again (even if I do disappear for a few days - I was visiting family!)
    Also I've booked this Sunday to Thursday next week off of work and me and the bf are heading up to Belfast for a break! And booking all the things to do, too. I'm super excited.
  • My older brother is coming up from New Mexico for a few days because he wants pizza. Apparently "This is no decent pizza outside the tri-start area. Oh also my wife wanted to see some broadway show."

You may think he was just joking around about the pizza being the main reason, but we once had to mail him a slice of lasagna through priority first class mail, because "Nobody here can make it right, and they don't do it with enough layers." It might have been cheaper to just get him a round trip plane ticket than what mailing that lasagna cost.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Sounds like what you really need to send him is a cook book.
  • You mailed Lasagna?

.....ew.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Lasagna sounds tough to mail. My bf orders nuts in bulk from nuts.com, though, so I can't judge. The jokes there write themselves.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Sorta rant sorta rave. I feel really good about the untreview I did yesterday but due to the three people who could tell me if I got it or not being on vacation I have to wait two weeks to hear. This is short, but I'm sitting here desperately hopeful I'll get it because I really want it but at the same time whether it's yes or no I will hear back. I love that company and wish I could've stayed last year, silly school.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Well it was frozen and packed with ice in an insulated container. The first class priority was basically yo get it there before it thawed. Which apparently worked out well enough.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    My coworkers and I started a challenge where we have to sketch an agreed-upon thing every day to improve our (questionably-existent) drawing skills.

Today's subject was a platypus. I seem to remember someone on these forums loving them, so:

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• His cute little tail!
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited August 2016
    I'm sitting in a really tedious and pointless "technology orientation" to watch a representative from a very expensive textbook product company bumble through obvious portions of the product. We arrived and began a section on registering and accessing our products, something all but 2 out of the ~100 of us had already done. It was really easy - you got an email with a link. You clicked the link. You followed the prompts. Done!

The rave part is that she keeps saying "the cloud", and I'm using cloud-to-butt in my head, making this entire presentation a lot more entertaining. "You own all of these e-books in my butt." "We're in the online - we're in my butt right now." "As soon as you come back online, in my butt, they synch."

Gold.

EDIT: "This is a living breathing resource, it's updated every 10 days, it will never die." WHAT IS DEAD MAY NEVER DIE.
  • How...do you forget a paycheck.
  • Direct deposit is something you need to set up over there? Over here, it's the rule rather than the exception to have the employer deposit directly into your account; heck, I don't think there are many employers that even offer any other alternatives...
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Ssaliss said:

Direct deposit is something you need to set up over there? Over here, it's the rule rather than the exception to have the employer deposit directly into your account; heck, I don't think there are many employers that even offer any other alternatives...

Depends on the business. Some are more interested in getting it set up immediately (like my office), and others are more about leaving it up to the employees to take the initiative. Or not, as the case may be.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    My company is weird. You have to direct deposit, or they will instead send you a 'paycard' which for all intents and purposes is a debit card they put money on each paycheck.

You literally can't get a paycheck to deposit.

I use to think it was because we're an environmental company, and trying to cut back on paper. Then they started mailing pay stubs every time.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Synkarin said:

My company is weird. You have to direct deposit, or they will instead send you a 'paycard' which for all intents and purposes is a debit card they put money on each paycheck.

You literally can't get a paycheck to deposit.

I use to think it was because we're an environmental company, and trying to cut back on paper. Then they started mailing pay stubs every time.

Haha!

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Man, even when I got physical checks, I beelined to the nearest branch of my bank or a deposit-capable ATM.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I can take pictures of my checks and deposit them over the phone. I love it.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Everiine said:

I can take pictures of my checks and deposit them over the phone. I love it.

My bank has started doing this finally, I don't get cheques in the mail very often anymore (and never from employers) but it's good to know!

• How...do you forget a paycheck.
    "Absent minded idiot"

I usually deposit it right away on my way home from work. I don't remember what happened that night but I'm betting I was distracted by Pokemon Go and went straight past the bank to catch a pidgey or something stupid.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Yesss, I've been waiting for a particular song in a rhythm game to be released on expert difficulty on the EN server for a while, and it's finally in. A somewhat challenging beatmap instead of another slow easy song, I'm so happy. I've been getting a full combo on every expert song they put out the first time or two I play it lately, so one that I didn't get a combo score on at all the first time is such a nice change. 60 days of something besides the daily super hard songs to play if I want a challenge, yaaay. My anime girl music game brings me joy instead of torment this day.
  • Anime girl music are a balm to everyone. 

Phoebus said:
    Yesss, I've been waiting for a particular song in a rhythm game to be released on expert difficulty on the EN server for a while, and it's finally in. A somewhat challenging beatmap instead of another slow easy song, I'm so happy. I've been getting a full combo on every expert song they put out the first time or two I play it lately, so one that I didn't get a combo score on at all the first time is such a nice change. 60 days of something besides the daily super hard songs to play if I want a challenge, yaaay. My anime girl music game brings me joy instead of torment this day.
    Haha, well, I got an FC after six plays. Oh well! It's still more fun to play than most of the other options at the moment, even if it didn't take too long to beat. There are only like, three songs I don't know if I'll ever get a full combo on. Not sure what my goal in the game will even be when/if I do defeat those. Collecting more cute girls can only hold my interest for so long! ...Probably!
  • Well, there was recently a new season, and a new set of characters, for that franchise, so chances are you'll see an expansion (or a new game) with a host of new girls to collect. That should keep you busy for a while.

Lerad said:
    Well, there was recently a new season, and a new set of characters, for that franchise, so chances are you'll see an expansion (or a new game) with a host of new girls to collect. That should keep you busy for a while.
    I don't like the new girls. I want more Nozomi and Eli. Forever. :(
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Chai latte concentrate + vanilla almond milk = amazing deliciousness forever. Omg. Why have I not done this sooner?!
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Vive bread! I made a rough puff pastry for the first time and it was vastly easier than I expected. Next up, blueberry kites, herbed croissants, and pain au chocolat.

I spent today with my g-ma and our dogs at the river, and learned that Errabundus seems to really like wading around in the shallows. Old as he is, it can be tough to get him to do much, so that was a fun surprise. :heart:
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."