Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Shrug. vote CyndarinAscends
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  •  Vote CyndarinAscends

I'm not doubting that he's a good player, I just think he got screwed with an inexperienced teammate.
  • It's been a while since he posted. Waiting to hear from @CyndarinAscends about his thoughts on recent developments. 
  • Yeah, I can get on board.
    Vote CyndarinAscends
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Can we get a vote count before I vote? The last time I was about to someone got executed, so I'd really like a count from @Kiradawea or one of you before I drop another number. I know Vivet did it as a one-shot, but it is possible it could exist elsewhere as a scum power, like how Togepi could only copy moves that already existed in the game.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Tremula said:
    Can we get a vote count before I vote? The last time I was about to someone got executed, so I'd really like a count from @Kiradawea or one of you before I drop another number. I know Vivet did it as a one-shot, but it is possible it could exist elsewhere as a scum power, like how Togepi could only copy moves that already existed in the game.
    I don't think it was @Vivet who executed Tamashi yesterday, was it? I mean, at that point she had even lost an ability bet. She did dayvig today, though.
    Yeah, no one's claimed the execution yet.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Oh. I thought she claimed the execution. I'm v tired, ignore me.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • I don't even remember how Tamashi died anymore, it's been so long.
  • He was executed while at 5 votes. Essentially, he got feared out of the game.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    How many votes are needed for a lynch? I guess I'll follow everyone else and vote Cyndarinascends 
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• (Sorry for taking so long. Figured life would clear up on Saturday, but clearly not. Also, I missed this one earlier. My apologies, but Tremula did weave an echo shield around Luce back on page 43)

Delayed though it may be, Tremula weaves her own special brand of magic around Luce. As she finishes reciting a sacred sutra, a shimmering field of grey energy momentarily manifests itself around Luce and then fades almost immediately. It lingers as an almost imperceptible aura of power that bends light ever so slightly, and causes Luce's words to be spoken with a very slight reverb.

Votecount:
    Cyndarin: Synkarin, Vivet, Sylandra, Krackenor, Yarith, Siam (6)
    Iosion: Luce (1)
    Vivet: Weiwae (1)

With 17 voting individuals, 2 in absentia and 1 sick, it's 9 to force someone to leave

The following are a little easier to vote off
    Vivet
    Lehki

Challenges:
    Weiwae challenges Vivet (sunspark/monkey/resilience)
    The first proper challenge of the day is between Vivet and Weiwae. Vivet starts of the fight by conjuring up her tree-shaped danmaku. She leaps onto the branches, scattering leaves and twigs in a flurry towards Weiwae. Weiwae remains undaunted by the assault, and weaves between the torrents of tiny bullets, grazing them with ease as he charges up his good old laser. As soon as it's properly charged, the match is over. Weiwae's beam of light scorches the leaves, burns the twigs to cinders and erases all traces of the danmaku trees before the beam of light turns on Vivet, blasting her right out of the arena with enough force to leave her hair decorations burnt to an unrecognizable mess.

Weiwae has won the spellcard challenge

Lehki challenges Ssaliss
    Lehki follows suit by pulling Ssaliss over to the arena to make a challenge. Ssaliss pulls out his cards, and though it is not the card he initially wants, just the fact that he's been challenged has provided enough of a boost for one of his cards to become active again. "Hourai's Seven Coloured Jewel!" He proclaims loudly, presenting his spellcard as Lehki conjures up tarot cards which fly towards Ssaliss. The multi-coloured laser spins about him, scorching the cards and reducing them to tiny embers. Lehki tries to avoid the streaming lasers and return fire with a few snaking firebolts, but they don't quite manage to box in Ssaliss. As the coloured lasers pick up speed, Lehki has to focus more and more on avoiding the lasers until he finally dodges the blue laser and right into the violet one. With a groan he's knocked out of the arena and sent tumbling against the grassy ground.

Ssaliss has won the spellcard challenge
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Guess I can't pick the card when they're all on cooldown... Must have just been a random one. Not really complaining though.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I've only speculated on who the executioner might be. I have a feeling it isn't Ratatoskr, is all.

Also, Ssaliss and Lehki totally voted on me on page 55! Whoop.

• Yeah, holding off on voting until Cyndarin can actually post.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Guess I'll follow suit.
    Ssaliss! I challenge you to a duel, Wrath of a Woman Scorned!
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    And once more with bolding,

Ssaliss! I challenge you to a duel, Wrath of a Woman Scorned!

• I have some people I want to challenge first, so are you fine with a betless match first? Can do a betted one later if you wish.
  • Eh, I'm feeling lucky. Let's go with a bet.

I accept your challenge, Luce! We shall fight for Resiliency! Sacrificial Stratagem!
    All dem spell cards.
    Daraius said:
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Maybe I missed something - but if Ssaliss' cards are all on cooldown, how is he accepting challenges? I thought it you couldn't use cards if they were on cooldown...

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Maybe he has a card with no cool down? It sounds like many people have one card of that nature.
    Daraius said:
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I have one without a cooldown (Well, it has one, but the cooldown is 1 match, so it doesn't have one.), and one that I can use daily. 
  • I asked Kira how it worked, and she said that if all my cards are on cooldown, you get a card off cooldown for that duel. Apparently, it's a random pick. If it wasn't for that, I'd essentially be completely crippled after losing a spellcard duel (and even with it, it's a relatively large achilles heel; I can't challenge anyone until someone challenges me first).

And yes, all my cards have a cooldown of one match. No dailies or anything. It does mean I can't use the same spellcard twice in a row (as already happened when I challenged Falmiis and Breandryn yesterday), but once I go through another (betted) match, they're off cooldown.
  • It looks like when all cards are on cooldown and a challenge is issued, one is randomly chosen.
  • I also have to admit, I'm getting freakishly paranoid about this duel. I shouldn't have made it a betted duel after all :anguished:
  • BTW, @Kalaneya, would you consider sharing your spellcards now that you're stumped?
  • As in, the types of them. We already know the names and powers, I guess.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    While on this skein, as a courtesy to those playing: if you find out the power level of an active player's card please wait for either consent or a contradictory claim to reveal what it is. It would suck for people to get scared off of duels because they know the exact point total their opponent's card, or for a bluff to fail for the same reason.
  • FYI there are currently about 20 hours left before an automatic no lynch. Life is still a little uncertain for me, so I'm waiting to hear from Cyndarin also, but in the meantime...

Vote: CyndarinAscends

Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."