Simple questions?

Comments

• If you and everyone you are dragging in with you are having fun, I don't see the need to stop. 

@Rolsand everyone plays differently. And not everyone is up for the fight all of the time. Hell even I have days where I say screw it and ignore what ever fight is going on. If you want to keep fighting you can't call people out because they have decided their time is better spent doing something they are more invested in. You can only do you. :)
  • edited December 2016
    Is there any appropriate way to ask about a design in the queue? My lyre feels like it's been sitting there for two weeks without being rejected or approved (first time it was submitted from memory)
  • Saran said:
    Is there any appropriate way to ask about a design in the queue? My lyre feels like it's been sitting there for two weeks without being rejected or approved (first time it was submitted from memory)
    You can message Charites, but from what I have seen they check the queue for overdue designs pretty regularly. It has been a pretty busy time up in the Havens the last couple of weeks so I'd give it a few more days.
  • Thax said:
    Saran said:
    You can message Charites, but from what I have seen they check the queue for overdue designs pretty regularly. It has been a pretty busy time up in the Havens the last couple of weeks so I'd give it a few more days.
    Thanks, I'll send one now, It's just I've submitted other designs in the mean time and they've all been approved/rejected, just not this one. Like, I put one in before bed last night and its already been actioned.
  • edited December 2016
    Edit: Nevermind answered my own question!
  • Why is it so hard to speedwalk to other cities or villages,etc. in Lusternia? Unlike Aetolia,here when you path find a location it often says that it is too far...even if actually it isn't. Same with the Landmarks command.
    Is there a skill to learn or what?
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited December 2016

There is a limit of 50 rooms to PATH FIND in Lusternia.

What's up with the Landmarks command?
  • edited December 2016
    Got it.
    Landmarks works only with locations within a city.
    If you click another city or village (in the list from Landamrks) it says that the location is too far like path find.
    edited December 2016
    Oh. Yeah, if you're using a client that creates links, they almost certainly just sends PATH FIND <blah> for you, no more, no less. So, the links should work correctly if you are within 50 rooms... but usually you won't be from more than one or two broader LANDMARKS. Everywhere within your own org is within 50 steps, so it should always work on those!
  • Though you can pathwalk from Glom to Paavik
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Dusiana said:
    Why is it so hard to speedwalk to other cities or villages,etc. in Lusternia? Unlike Aetolia,here when you path find a location it often says that it is too far...even if actually it isn't. Same with the Landmarks command.
    If you're on Mudlet, you can always walk to whatever you want.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I'd love to see the same on Nexus :(
  • Shaddus said:
    Dusiana said:
    Why is it so hard to speedwalk to other cities or villages,etc. in Lusternia? Unlike Aetolia,here when you path find a location it often says that it is too far...even if actually it isn't. Same with the Landmarks command.
    If you're on Mudlet, you can always walk to whatever you want.
    Autowalker has killed me even more than Falmiis has. Trufax.
    I have a little snippet of code that locks villages based on POLITICS and MMCONFIG POLITICS using the ndb tables. So I don't ever accidentally walk into an enemy org or village.
  • Enyalida said:
    I have a little snippet of code that locks villages based on POLITICS and MMCONFIG POLITICS using the ndb tables. So I don't ever accidentally walk into an enemy org or village.
    WTB
  • Dusiana said:
    The pathfinding here is lacking compared to other IREs. We also would benefit from the AREAS equivalent - that is very useful for people to independently explore, hunt, find new areas.

Aetolia's pathfinding is a tough comparison, though, as its development was fuelled by a push to get people away from using external mappers to reduce input spam - Aetolia crowdsourced (mostly a player named Xon) a really custom awesome version of mudbot that a lot of people used, so a lot of those features (like galloping) were incorporated into the IG mapper to get people to switch over.
    There is an AREAS equivalent sorta, it's just not very powerful. It's Scouting in Environment
  • Enyalida said:
    There is an AREAS equivalent sorta, it's just not very powerful. It's Scouting in Environment
    Ah, yeah the AREAS command in other IREs shows a list of areas, their vnums (or mxp linking) and their suggested level. The levels aren't always the most accurate, but it's a SUPER useful way for a new player to wander about and get immersed on their own.
    edited December 2016
    Yeah, I understand. As I remember it, Scouting was the chosen solution to a report asking for an AREAS clone, more or less. 

EDIT: Yeah, not asking for a direct clone so there's that. Scouting could do with an upgrade and to be lower in the skillset. Said Report 
  • Yeah, that could be a fun, immersive way to offer the same thing. Maybe have scout show 3-4 areas away, and then let the user do SCOUT <area> to get a bit of info on that area (eg expected level, aggro mobs, etc). That would require a bit of data about each area, but maybe that info is already in the system?

Alternatively, maybe have an option to SCOUT HORIZONS to catch the scent of the breeze blowing off level-appropriate areas.
  • @Iosai

Denizen weakness/resistances, how much do they matter? What are their specific numbers- is it a flat %, or fixed amount, or ranges of them?

Slight, moderate, great, terrible, immune: these are the ones I can recall offhand.
    Iirc they are increments of 7%
  • Ixion said:
    Slight, moderate, great, terrible, immune: these are the ones I can recall offhand.
    According to Xiel's site, which is sometimes out of date, the levels are: fatal, debilitating, terrible, moderate, slight, mild (weaknesses) invulnerability, supreme, enormous, great, moderate, slight, mild (resistances).

• How long exactly does it take for Galael (carriage driver) to come to the bell that you're ringing from? I must've stood at one of those carriage stops for ages.
  • Alisa said:
    How long exactly does it take for Galael (carriage driver) to come to the bell that you're ringing from? I must've stood at one of those carriage stops for ages.

He may have disappeared recently, not sure if its an event thing or not.
  • edited January 2017
    I have bugged it

Edit : The carriage door is stuck as well, which has happened before.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Ixion said:
    @Iosai

Denizen weakness/resistances, how much do they matter? What are their specific numbers- is it a flat %, or fixed amount, or ranges of them?

I'd like to second this. I'm  not sure if using my whip that does neutral damage is better than using my sword against a parasite with slight cutting weakness.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Tremula said:
    Ixion said:
    @Iosai

I'd like to second this. I'm  not sure if using my whip that does neutral damage is better than using my sword against a parasite with slight cutting weakness.
    Is there a config we can enable to show damage done with attacks? 
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Is there a way to make paintings permanent? Doesn't sound like it would, but does the stasis gem for manses affect them at all?

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• are they permanant if you afix them to a wall?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim: