Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    In my case I was being a little tired of seeing the fourth raid on etherseren in the past 24 hours. Now I probably wouldn't have posted it, but -shrug-.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Shuyin said:
    I like that both sides think the other side has more peoplexpensive compared to the other.
    We did for for the start of that raid to be fair. Doesn't happen so often. 

• Timezone dependent.  There are never any enemies online when I am :(
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • Late Solstice wish: Guild champion to poke me and tell me secrets
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Rhi said:
    Late Solstice wish: Guild champion to poke me and tell me secrets
    Such innuendo. Many lolz.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I make terrible decisions sometime
  • Falmiis said:
    I make terrible decisions sometime
    I make amazing decisions sometimes
  • I make terrible decisions all the time, and pretend they're happy accidents.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    "There are no mistakes, only happy accidents." - Paint Jesus
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
       Luce said:
    "There are no mistakes, only happy accidents." - Paint Jesus
    We just need some friendly little situations to suit them, just sitting up there having fun all day.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

oh my, why am I thinking of bob ross right now? :D
  • Probably because that's who Luce was referring to with 'Paint Jesus'
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited January 2017
    Did people not get my related reference? :(

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• For the most part, I enjoy being an envoy. I really like thinking about and discussing the mechanics of the game and be able to help shape where it goes. As a result, I end up talking to quite a lot of people from all orgs on clans, tells, forums. There's a lot of very wildly differing ideas on how the game is, should be and what to prioritize.

I can and have talked mechanics for hours about random things, but where it can get really exhausting is when there are complaints thrown around about other envoys, players, admins being biased, malicious, lazy, stupid, whatever. This really isn't true. We all have different ideas, priorities and experiences, but we all want at the end a game that's fun to play.

So, just keep that in mind, I guess. Even if there's that one player or group that you think is absolutely ruining everything and has no redeeming qualities, maybe keep it low-key for the rest of our sanity.
    Reylari said:
    Probably because that's who Luce was referring to with 'Paint Jesus'
    I didn't even read the paint jesus till you pointed it out... :D
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    @Thax would it be possible to get you to post your description in the collection thread? I've got a wicked idea for artisanals!
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • If someone was giving you directions verbally would you not be confused if you heard "dninne"?
    #endboarderlineooc #altlivesmatter #ijustwanttobeaninja #dninne #makemagnagoragreatagain
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Dninne??
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Down north in north north east.
    Vivet said:
    Xenthos said:
    Down north in north north east.
    I -never- would have gotten that. I'd just respond with "gesundheit".
    My mapper also does things like h's and l's for diagonal directions.
  • down north in north northeast actually
    edited January 2017
    Lilyin said:
    down north in north northeast actually
    Then whoever said it is providing directions that are not even legible.  You can't use multiple-letters for directions without some form of spacing or punctuation to separate them.

Doing it in a SAY or anything like that is pretty bad too (but Glomdoring does have a direction scroll with mappings in it that I pulled out of my mapper and edited to be more human readable, like "d, n, 2nw, 2n, 3nw").  So I'm not completely innocent here.  That said, you'll never catch me giving someone directions like "dninne".
  • Not even surprised anymore that it's Magnagora again.
    WHY WE FIGHT
    Accountability is necessary.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Not even surprised anymore that it's Magnagora again.
    Every org has the same sort of people. I could probably think of someone from every org that is likely to do something similar. Don't use that as a slur against the org, it's improving in so many ways.  :/

• Lavinya said:
    Not even surprised anymore that it's Magnagora again.
    Every org has the same sort of people. I could probably think of someone from every org that is likely to do something similar. Don't use that as a slur against the org, it's improving in so many ways.  :/
    As a new player I thought Mag was the game's RP center from my visits and experiences there. Forums and commentary from others says otherwise, but it's been the place I've seen the most (and deepest) RP as a newb poking around. I even rolled an alt there and had people RPing the basic tasks and mobs talking back when I mumbled things at them. Geting into Ooc clans and reading forums has left me very confused, trying to reconcile my own experiences with what people say.

It's easy and sometimes fun to make slurs/jokes about orgs but do remember that things change and how influential comments can be to new players.
  • Breandryn said:

It's easy and sometimes fun to make slurs/jokes about orgs but do remember that things change and how influential comments can be to new players.
    Just being in a city/commune will give you slightly negative views of your allies and massively negative views of enemy cities/communes. Each has a completely different perspective of things, even at a kind of OOC level. There's not much need for org slurs by the time someone has graduated from novicehood. You should know, being someone who's moved from a forest to a city, to an enemy organization, that this is so. (Not calling you out on leaving the Wilde with this btw, I can hardly speak anyway, can I?)

Just my opinion on it! 
This discussion has been closed.