The Meta Mafia Game - XENTHOS(Celina) WINS! Town also wins!

Comments

• I don't really buy that Kira would fake seeing cocoa as scum. That's just asking to get called out on it. 

Would advise against a lynch train till she responds
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Lehki and Shaddus both targeted me? I saw absolutely nothing, I can only presume because I have no night action to potentially block or whatever.

Kira basically just said she is outtie for the night and I can only presume it's an 'oh fuck gotta think my way out of this' sort of thing. Paint me suspicious.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Lehki said:
    I don't really buy that Kira would fake seeing cocoa as scum. That's just asking to get called out on it. 

Would advise against a lynch train till she responds
    We bluffed and made up the cocoa bit. She took it seriously and claimed that she gained the same message another night. It may not be inherently scummy, but why lie unless she wished to cover something up?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I'm just saying let her answer that before we put many more votes out.

There is also of course the chance that she did see the message, but what she saw wasn't real, and that somebody has a power to send fake messages at night. Could call into question everything that we've seen at night . Especially if it overwrites what we were supposed to see!
    Occam's Razor.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I'm not going to say we shouldn't let Kira answer but I also don't think we're going to get anything useful. Kira already had a chance to answer but apparently the shock of Shaddus' post took away all her energy and she could only post about how she couldn't post anymore. There is really only a few things that she could come back with. Option 1, she lied and she comes back with a plausible answer as to why she lied and what happened that night. She should already know all of that info and shouldn't need to go flee and gather her thoughts. Option 2, She is telling the truth. Then all she has to say is "I'm telling the truth and I think Shaddus is lying" or "I'm telling the truth and I think Shaddus is also telling the truth and we have someone weird going on.". Again, both of those can easily be posted and wouldn't require going off and gathering your thoughts. What I bet we're going to see is Kira dodging Shaddus' accusation and coming back with a convoluted plot about Fyler and Breandryn are somehow the true scum. It's a play for time.
  • Okay. You guys are assholes. Serious fucking assholes. Fuck being polite. I have absolutely no fucking energy for this crap. I swear. Had I known Eventru was in the game I wouldn't have joined at all. Fuck. So many years and he still knocks me completely off course.

Occam's razor is that there was never a lie. I drank cocoa at night because that's the flavour Sylandra provided. I'm the jailer as played by Ssaliss, which means that half the time I'm forced to jail myself, hence I have only half a power. I ended up jailing myself on night 1 and 3. I jailed Tremula on night 2. I'm the one who owns the space-ship, which you will note I also mentioned earlier on.

Now fuck off you assholes. I'd be polite but you jackasses don't even give me time to collect myself before trying to lynch me. @Sylandra I would like to request that I be replaced. I don't want to play this game anymore.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    Don't let the door hit you where Dynara split you.
    Also for reference and in response to Kiradawea's post, she only has three votes, and some other people are looking at Fyler instead. There was no need for that outburst.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    What confuses me in this is going after Kiradawea instead of Fyler. You're claiming that you blocked her, and nobody died. That's a pretty good scum indicator.

You're also saying that you lied about cocoa, and she ran with it. Sure, also pretty scummy. Definitely block her tonight. But it seems somewhat less scummy than blocking someone and having nobody die. They're certainly both implicated here.

Plus, Kira is also saying that Fyler is probably scum. Either that's honest townie making an accusation, or mafia trying to throw an outed teammate under the bus to look innocent. Could also be trying to shift blame over to an innocent, but the blocking makes that seem less likely.

I'm not saying Kira looks terribly innocent here, but it seems like your target priority is way out of line. Am I missing something?
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
    Our target priority is based on multiple things, a combination of her posts, her general playstyle and attitude, her recent post as well as the one before it where she stated that if Eventru were in the game, she'd rather lynch him just on  general purpose.

Fyler is suspicious, but it is entirely possible he's innocent. He never mentioned Our block message, even when obliquely promoted to, which means he's either not letting us know he was blocked, or...he has no night action and thus, didn't see Our block.

We would posit that the chance of Fyler being scum just based on our block as opposed to Kiradawea's actions is lower. If need be, We can block which ever one we don't lynch.

The watcher should likely watch Our fulcrux this night, that should the tainted scum attempt to extinguish Our divine fires and unravel Our thread, that they will be discovered. 
  • Unvote

Because once the dust settles I believe Kira's explanation and claim and we'll all need to talk about that.
    crosses His muscular, tanned arms and waits
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    edited February 2017
    Okay. I'm sorry you feel that way, Kira.

We are now looking for a replacement for @Kiradawea. If no replacement is found by the end of the dayphase, the role will be modvigged.

For future reference, if you find something in the game unsettling or bothersome, the best way to go about it is to PM me privately. No one has control over the roles they receive in this game, except for me. It doesn't make sense to take it out on the people playing, when I am the one who put together the set-up.

Furthermore, I wish to clarify that this game is meant to be fun, and I did not intentionally include anything that would distress the players present. If that has occurred, I want to stress that it was entirely unintentional on my part as the moderator. If I had known this was a possible outcome, I would have warned any potentially affected parties beforehand, or adjusted the set-up.

That is all. You may resume play as normal.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Othero said:
    Unvote

Because once the dust settles I believe Kira's explanation and claim and we'll all need to talk about that.
    You believe her explanation, or her reaction?
  • Explanation. But I'd like to wait for a replacement before picking at it anymore.
  • Whyyy do you people keep pinging me. I wouldn't say I've been quiet, I've expressed my position multiple times. If I were scum and got blocked, I would have gotten ahead of that conversation a long ass time ago, rather than waiting for Shaddus to do a big reveal and screw me. 

I didn't mention the block because I didn't know it happened. I don't have a night action.
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
    It's not the real Eventru, it's a role. Just like it wasn't the real Oneiroi. I'm not sure how being suspicious makes us all a-holes. Sorry he upsets you but...we're just playing the game, not looking to upset Kira.

I still think @Fyler needs to do more explaining at this point. @Breandryn also really needs to pitch in.

• Explain what? You already know I can't "explain" an absence of information. As I said, if I were scum, I'd have brought up the block and tried to spin it, because waiting for Shaddus only leads to literally this situation. 
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
    I'd like to request that We either modvig Kiradawea and get on with the game, or lynch one of the two and get on with the game. People who can't keep IC and ooc separate really ruin Lusternia.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals

Give me a little time to review and mull. Skimming has left me feeling pretty dazed. But before we go any further, I want to remind you all of something.

I targetted Cyndarin on Night 1. This was established well in advance of all this other kerfuffle and I've stood by it. But somehow, Tremula ended up with the pokémon I intended for Cyndarin to receive.

If Shaddus truly did target Cyndarin for a block, but Cyndarin was busdriven with Tremula as I suspect, then is it not logical to assume that Tremula was blocked instead?

Which is why Cyndarin never got blocked. Tremula did, right?

And nobody died.

UNVOTE
    Okay. Let's see if we can flesh things out again.

1. Tremula - RuPaul type with limited day powers?
    2. Vivet - Champion Alec, shares pokémon at night
    3. Lavinya - Probably Princess Claude Valois, post restrictions involving Elisabeth?
    4. Breandryn - ???
    5. Ssaliss [Killed Night 2] - MAFIA SCUM
    6. Silvanus [Lynched Day 3] - JANITORED
    7. Shaddus - Eventru, Blocker
    8. Kendra/Portius - Protector of Shakespearean flavour, one-shot revive
    9. Ellowyn [Killed Night 3] - 3 shot Vig
    10. Dylara/Kiradawea - Jailer (that must self-jail every other night?)
    11. Luce - Tracker guy
    12. Othero - Cecil the broadcaster
    13. Ushaara - Carlos the Watcher, back from the dead!
    14. Lehki - ???
    15. Fyler/Cyndarin/Celina/Niradnic - ???

No one has claimed busdriver, but that doesn't necessarily mean that one of the ??? has to be the busser. Someone who has claimed can simply be leaving that out.

We seem to have a consistency of current town being mostly townish roles from other games, no? So we might want to keep that in mind. If I were to guess what Sylandra is up to, she probably has set rules/patterns with flavour that have one exception here and there (example: all mafia are protestants, but not all protestants are mafia). It's something to eyeball as the final reveals roll around.

Keeping all this information neat and organised should also help an investigator call out anyone who is blatantly lying, though that's probably already accounted for to some degree.

I can't help but feel like it's terribly convenient that Silvanus - the guy who claims Norns - gets janitored the day before an apparent Eventru ramps up their aggression. Of all the roles that could share a similar relationship with the Norns, it would seem Eventru would be the most likely candidate from what we can discern. It may be possible that Eventru could be an exception-to-the-rule type, though, and mafia could have considered this if Ssaliss had investigated Shaddus and they knew Eventru was around, even if he was not in their coterie.

I also can't help but feel that this use of cocoa with an Eventru-based role feels overwhelmingly appropriate, to the point where I find it strange that it would all just be a lie for the sake of it. Eventru was definitely known for teasing people with chocolate. Is there any hint you can provide to the nature of the flavour of this block, Shaddus? It seems no one yet has been able to experience/report it.

Lehki, if you don't mind, I'd like to poke at your role a little. You have implied posting restrictions. Is the flavour of these restrictions more related to a particular character, or are they more generally thematic/meme-based?

I wish I had a better read on who Kira could be. The spaceship thing is really throwing me off. It wouldn't potentially be another Night Vale role, would it? I missed a lot of that game and don't know the roles well. :/
    UNVOTE

I did forget about the busdriver business. Somehow in my mind I merged Lehki with Luce and had given him a pass but I realise now we know very little. Whoops. 

Also totally random aside - yay a pokémon in action! Ampharos is one of my favourites from Gen II and I was quite pleased to find it as an option. And since Carlos' role was made famous by Ileein... yeah, felt like the thing to do if I'm going to bumbling about without knowing what powers I'm handing out.
    @Xeii has officially replaced @Kiradawea.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    FOS: XEII

Welcome to the game, Xeii :)
    Votecount:
    Kiradawea/Xeii: Tremula (1)

With 12 now alive, it takes to lynch.

---

(@Othero's Ampharos has used DISCHARGE! All daypowers have been BLOCKED for the remainder of this dayphase!)
    Daraius said:
  • Ok, wow, that's a lot that happened. I'll be honest and say that I have not been particularly comfortable with some of the posts here - several people now have commented on forums about how inexperienced and poorly played the shopkeeper was last game, and...it's not really a secret who that player was (me), so I've felt kinda bummed about the game from the start. Please be nice, guys.

My role is from the Pokemon mafia game. I tried to read through the thread  (omg is it long) and from what I can tell I have a familiar name but a new role. I am super cute. :)  

Kira's response was very knee-jerk and seems incredibly suspicious. I will wait to see if Xeii can say anything to change our minds, but right now I want to vote for them, just waiting to give Xeii a chance to post in the new role.

• Okay I think I'm gonna just reveal before things get more out of hand, some people should maybe chill. Also in light of knowing the jailor and roleblock, I think the game is basically over.

I'm Oppenheimer as played by Ushaara. I have a posting restriction based where basically I pretend to be her for a minute, make what you will of that, lol.

Oppenheimer was a scum in the Los Alamos game but since nobody is trying to blow up the world with nukes anymore, I'm town. I'm also the cop. I see role name and alignment but not power. My targets were.

N1: Ushaara (Carlos)
    N2: Kiradawea (Ssaliss, yes really)
    N3: Shaddus (Eventru)

All 3 read as town, and I kind of doubt a second scum has investigation immunity, so again, A+ job Ellowyn. It's a bit unfortunate for me that all 3 have revealed at this point, but Luce did confirm I targeted Ushaara first night(I decided to go with checking my role's player, laking any other ideas), and if you look back a few pages you'll notice I "mistakenly" pinged Ssaliss when addressing Kiradawea, because yes, her character is really just Ssaliss. I was trying to hint to her I was the cop.

But now, if you believe me I wanna point out that means we have an essentially confirmed Cop(Me), Jailor(Xeii), Roleblock(Shaddus), Watcher(Ushaara), Doctor(Portius) AND Tracker(Luce). And then that leaves us with Tremula, Lavinya, Breandryn, and Fyler.