Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• Point. But. Just means that Aslaran are not good for every class, like people are trying to go for. Aslaran psionics mage sucked royal time.
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    No one is saying Aslaran is good for every class....

It's good for warriors, monks, and tarot guardians (sometimes).
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Alary said:
    The balance difference on Aslaran isn't great enough to set it apart from other races. Having played an Aslaran mage myself, and dying a lot, well, it's a good race but it isn't super special. Just my opinion, having played the race. And granted, I wasn't a warrior.
    Faster balance isn't going to benefit you there, if you were Mugwump and went with the EQ balance bonus you'd see more of a difference.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    writing a theoretical essay is breaking my brain  #-o

• Ah, well, ok, I misinterpreted. My bad.
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • Enough on the faelings already!
    You don't like sharing your faelings?
  • I do, just not with you all. I have an excellent chef in a best friend, though....

(Mmm, faeling sushi.)
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    edited May 2013
    My love/hate relationship with Eventru has reached unprecedented levels. 
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    Aslaran you keep your faelings to yourself, it will dwarf our relationship. Lucidian up, and let it out.
    A grungy black rage worg with wings of roiling blood's eyes glow a soft, pale blue as his mind 
    brushes against your own, soothing waves of harmony instilling peaceful thoughts.
    4931h, 5862m, 4633e, 10p, 22115en, 28165w elrxd-(+99 Health, -195 Mana, -212 Ego) 

This thing sucks. Worst 12 million essence spent ever.
  • I'm surprised my alts are still around.
    If I'm on topic, something has gone horribly wrong.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited May 2013
    Peace isn't bad at all, but you probably don't have the herb-stack that say, a monk has to really use that to maximum annoyingness.
  • Yeah.. Beast peace can be pretty insane in the right hands.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
    Not in mine :(
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    SCREW FAELINGS. I want to be an Ice Angel again.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Eventru said:
    Enough on the faelings already!
    Fine.

Natural miss is a terrible horrible mechanic that needs to die. Trans Combat, trans weapon spec and sharpnening oil and I still miss while bashing, and in PK I've already got parry/stance/rebounding to have to deal with. It's a pointless overkill and an unfun, uncontrollable mechanic in a class already flooded with RNG in PK.

Can we remove it now please?

(We can go back to Faeling discussions if you prefer! :p )

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• edited May 2013
    Morkarion said:
    Eventru said:
    Fine.

Natural miss is a terrible horrible mechanic that needs to die. Trans Combat, trans weapon spec and sharpnening oil and I still miss while bashing, and in PK I've already got parry/stance/rebounding to have to deal with. It's a pointless overkill and an unfun, uncontrollable mechanic in a class already flooded with RNG in PK.

So long as the conversation doesn't dwarf the thread, you're welcome to discuss natural miss rate.

I don't even care if you go back to that faeling discussion, elfen you don't mind making a new thread with your thoughts/comments and then you all can taurian them up. I never enjoy opening Tweets and seeing a flood of tears - I'm not a merianer, man. I don't need the seas! Okay, the urge to fill this with puns is probably dwarfing my point, and I'm getting a bit ill worming my way through these. Best advice I can give you, though, is don't let them leave you lookin' dumb with your mug wumped!

(Sorry, human nature and all. Aslaran I'm on the topic, I kepheran about all these problems and they make me wanna krokani, so maybe some positive tweets? :( Let's not let them get too long, or-clach your hands with post bans I will! God this is awful, I should stop before the trill screams start up about Eventrolls this and that. Are the puns too much? Igasho!)
  • I thought Raves was for positive tweet like things, and Tweets was... you know. Lack of Rants Lite (Lite, Lite, Lite, Lite.)
  • edited May 2013
    Bring back lack of rants!

Edit: But you can only see it if you have over 100 posts. (So we don't scare the noobs away)
    Eventru said:
    Morkarion said:
    Eventru said:
    Fine.

So long as the conversation doesn't dwarf the thread, you're welcome to discuss natural miss rate.

I don't even care if you go back to that faeling discussion, elfen you don't mind making a new thread with your thoughts/comments and then you all can taurian them up. I never enjoy opening Tweets and seeing a flood of tears - I'm not a merianer, man. I don't need the seas! Okay, the urge to fill this with puns is probably dwarfing my point, and I'm getting a bit ill worming my way through these. Best advice I can give you, though, is don't let them leave you lookin' dumb with your mug wumped!

(Sorry, human nature and all. Aslaran I'm on the topic, I kepheran about all these problems and they make me wanna krokani, so maybe some positive tweets? :( Let's not let them get too long, or-clach your hands with post bans I will! God this is awful, I should stop before the trill screams start up about Eventrolls this and that. Are the puns too much? Igasho!)

However much time you spent writing that was too much.

But really natural miss rates are bugging the hell out of me, that was a legitimate tweet.

• Unfortunately, it took way less time than it should have. I had a whole 3 minutes and 74 seconds left on my washer, why not use it productively...?
  • edited February 2014

Last time the miss rate was brought up on envoys, I think I remember Roark saying it would require a rewrite of the core warrior code.

I could be thinking of something else though. Basically it's been brought up 1000 times and it's still a no.

Also not a big deal. Power moves no longer miss.
  • Iasmos said:
    Natural miss rate bad.

Eventru's washer clock (or his ability to read it) also bad.
    Or his ability to type. 47 seconds, sob.
    My first report ever was an attempt to remove the miss rate. They said they understood it would be an unpopular decision but that they would ultimately reject it as a design decision. 

For the very least, power moves don't miss now, as Celina said, which is something to be thankful for. 

The reason why it still feels like a big deal is, when you're fighting certain classes, like certain guardians or just about any monk, building can be so frustrating that that little extra miss can make you want to punch a hole through your screen.

But anyway, it's way better now than it used to be, especially after sharpness oil got buffed.
  • I'm confused.. If miss rate can be diminished (I.E. sharpness oil) without re-writing the warrior code.. couldn't it just be diminished to 0% miss rate?
    edited May 2013
    It can. It was just a design decision.

Also, I think the miss-rate on bashing is alright, but then again I'm not a super hardcore basher.
    Natural miss has zero place in PvE. Even in PvP it doesn't have any reason to exist.

It's an uncontrollable entity outside of the players hands that is purely down to RNG. In PvE this is annoying, in PvP it's poor design. Other games that have miss ratios allow you to cap them, or take steps to ensure that if you do not want to miss, you will not miss.

If you make parry and stance better I would support a no miss report. As it stands it's a reasonable balancing factor to wound management.
This discussion has been closed.