Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited May 2013
    Considering that every knight has the ability to pick up a pair of hammers/rapiers and a beast, we get so many shots at criticals I honestly don't care if we miss about %5 of the time when bashing. Plus there's a million other things that just make knight bashing so great, the occasional miss is nothing.
    In PVP it just sucks when things are already sucking (eg. fights with harder classes). And I agree there's not a whole lot of reason to keep it, but it used to be worse so hey.

Celina said:
    If you make parry and stance better I would support a no miss report. As it stands it's a reasonable balancing factor to wound management.

I'm willing to bet the current miss-rate does next to nothing in helping group fighting.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Nor does parry and stance. It's more solo/small groups than anything.
  • edited February 2014

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Are we sure that's true. I didn't notice any noticeable difference fighting a warriors as a high dex faeling than I do as a mugwump.

But again, as long as warriors can hit through stance and parry, there should be a a miss rate. If stance/parry can be 100% blocks, sure we can look at miss rates.

In PvE the miss rate is nothing. Warriors are still the best bashers.
  • Celina said:
    Are we sure that's true. I didn't notice any noticeable difference fighting a warriors as a high dex faeling than I do as a mugwump.

Maybe you're just slippery?
    If I'm on topic, something has gone horribly wrong.
  • Is there a word limit on bardic submissions? Or if not for the submission itself, perhaps just one for the length of a short story people would actually want to read?

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • Riluna said:
    Is there a word limit on bardic submissions? Or if not for the submission itself, perhaps just one for the length of a short story people would actually want to read?
    I'm sure at some point there is some kind of hard coded character limit but keep in mind that the whole point is to impress whoever judges these things into giving you free credits.

If the work is so long they don't even try reading it, then that kinda hurts your chances.

I have seen people break up their works before. For example book of poodles, part 1. Then next month you can submit book of poodles part 2, now it's poodle-al. If you do that though they should be able to stand on their own to some extent.

• TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Riluna said:
    Is there a word limit on bardic submissions? Or if not for the submission itself, perhaps just one for the length of a short story people would actually want to read?
    I broke down a 50k word story into five 10k parts. Mostly to maximise my culture gain when I put it through the library ;) But also because I figured that would be a tolerable size for people to read.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Am I masochistic for feeling an urge to go druid?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Siam said:
    Am I masochistic for feeling an urge to go druid?
    Yes.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • 10k words is a lot of words. I personally think 2k is a very comfortable read for casual readers, and if you can hit all your high points and resolve your story (or hit all the important arguments for a scholarly work) it'll be the perfect length to keep the attention of those who have only half an hour to spare for a single entry.

Of course, sometimes, things just can't fit in 2k words.

• Highlighting and suffixing assess output - done!
    Adding envenoming to attack commands - done!
    Tracking rebounding with attack commands - done!

Doctor visit, medication, and an afternoon home from work have been pretty productive.  Now to keep up this momentum and knock out the rest of my IG to-do list.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Has anyone else been experiencing the issue where threads mark themselves as read even when you haven't read them yet?  It's been happening pretty consistently over the last week and a half or so, whether I am reading them on a PC or a tablet.

For example, if there are 2 threads unread, I read one of them and then go back to the "Discussions" tab, quite a bit of the time the other one gets flagged as if I read it as well.  However, it doesn't think I've actually read the posts in it; if someone else posts, I'm told "Oh, now you have two new posts there to read!" and it still correctly positions me to the first one I haven't read yet.

It just makes me think there's nothing new sometimes, when there is. :(
  • Xenthos said:
    Has anyone else been experiencing the issue where threads mark themselves as read even when you haven't read them yet?  It's been happening pretty consistently over the last week and a half or so, whether I am reading them on a PC or a tablet.

For example, if there are 2 threads unread, I read one of them and then go back to the "Discussions" tab, quite a bit of the time the other one gets flagged as if I read it as well.  However, it doesn't think I've actually read the posts in it; if someone else posts, I'm told "Oh, now you have two new posts there to read!" and it still correctly positions me to the first one I haven't read yet.

This just happened to me with your post.

It happens to me on and off but I don't have an answer as to what is causing it.

Zvoltz said:
    Xenthos said:

This just happened to me with your post.

It happens to me on and off but I don't have an answer as to what is causing it.
    Whatever it is, it is relatively newish.  And annoying.  :(
  • Yeah I've been experiencing it as well. Rather annoying indeed.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Me+Xenthos+Viynain+Eventru homunculus = best idea evar
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"

:-&
  • edited May 2013
    That would be the most OCD, pedantic creature ever.

Or Weeky. Or whatever his name is.
    /me has learned that one should not use /me on the first line in a post, or it makes the forums very sad.  Poor, sad forums.
  • MoiMoi
    edited May 2013
    /me is curious as to what happens if you do this.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited May 2013
    /me thinks that's creepy.

Rather cool, though.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    /me totally approves of this feature and has no plans whatsoever to abuse it.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• /me will end you all.
  • Baaahhhhhhahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahhaaaaaaaaaa.

Why is this so funny.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited May 2013
    /me thinks Eventru couldn't end a popsicle in the Sahara Desert with a flamethrower and a starving kid.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    edited May 2013
    Shaddus said:
    /me thinks Eventru couldn't end a popsicle in the Sahara Desert with a flamethrower and two starving children.
    Oh hey, quoting it brings out the rest of the text.  Look at that!

PS: My brain read the "chi" as "chickens".  No, don't try asking how that makes any sense.  I don't know.
  • Re: warrior miss rate

I hear Imperian  another game made it so physical miss rate was non-existent during PvE, to help the newbs bash up.

If it's broken, break it some more.
  • KioKio
    edited May 2013
    Three out of four guild advancement tasks finished up, and I'm working on that fourth one now. (check!)

Ritual I've been trying to write up finished, edited, and pasted over to a notepad file. (check!)

Start working on my forging design for this coming year. (check!)

Rebuild my karma since I was dumb and let it all fall. (check!)

Break another 10k esteem. (check!)

Checkin' off even more things from my to-do list!  Today has been so productive.

(I don't know why this post isn't formatting properly, I'm sorry!)
  • edited May 2013
    Damn it Lusternia, stop rejecting my valid password!

SUCCESS.
This discussion has been closed.