QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Morkarion said:
    I've had that one before, I randomly killed Marcella when she died to someone else in the arena.
    When I killed Hiriako back in the day to prove my loyalty to Glomdoring, he bled to death... and got slain by Ceana for some reason... she even got the "your karma falls" message over it.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Celest: Racist, child-killing bastards with really bad taste in cooking.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• edited May 2013
    Everiine said:
    (Market): Xeria says, "Looking for a cok!"

COOK DAMNIT! COOK! And not anything else you might have been thinking about. I believed I mentioned this right after I said that. 

(EDIT: okay, still hilarious, nevertheless)
    is dead like the dodo
  • edited May 2013
    Xeria said:
    Everiine said:

COOK DAMNIT! COOK! And not anything else you might have been thinking about. I believed I mentioned this right after I said that. 

Chuckle.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Xeria said:
    Everiine said:

Context always spoils a good quote--I left y our correction out on purpose!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Morkarion said:
    Reason given for rejecting a platemail armour design:

The Charites have returned your proposed design for further revisions. See DESIGN LIST <cartel>.
     The following comments were made regarding the design:
    Please include milk and eggs for the dough. Thank you!

I don't... first someone asked me to correct an American spelling when I used the British one and now this.
    As you'll note, one of the Charites rejected it for not including the commodities, not mortal reviewers.

Most likely, it was a typo'd design number when they were rejecting, and it was actually meant for another design.
    edited May 2013
    Edit: Gone off topic, dealt with elsewhere.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• edited May 2013
    Everiine said:
    Xeria said:
    Everiine said:

Context always spoils a good quote--I left y our correction out on purpose!

As a player I'm okay with that. Xeria however has this to say : *eyeshift* 
    is dead like the dodo
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    There are plenty of chickens and entire mountains of eggs in Lusternia. There has to be a rooster or two around somewhere.
  • Xenthos said:
    There are plenty of chickens and entire mountains of eggs in Lusternia. There has to be a rooster or two around somewhere.
    If there's only 'a rooster' - well, that's one lucky guy.
  • I'm paraphrasing this from memory on the squad channel during a hunting trip. We did not say these words exactly but I caught the gist of it. @tredian and @barrin feel free to add corrections. *hee*

tredian: Lets go raid Etherglom.
    me: OH FUCK NO.
    Barrin: Don't make me kick your furry butt!
    Me: err are you referring to me?
    tredian: No I think he means me
    Me: Ewwww! I did not want to know that about Tredian's butt!
    me: Too much information.
    tredian: Get off this topic! 
    Barrin: yeah, it has bottomed out.

Barrin quickly ducks down

tredian: ......
    me: yeah, barrin, you really TOPPED that.

Barrin & me highfive. 

see? so hard to find a single straight guy IN-game. (XD)
    is dead like the dodo
  • (clan): person says, "HdDttp *hic* :/zshhp *hic* rStebbbbin.coom/PPje11yN3r *hic* r."

Anyone able to decipher that one? :P
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Yes, it leads to this:
    ************************[ BodyScan - Resistances Full ]************************
    Source                                Type            DMP           Resistance
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Construct          SacredPyramid      All             5
    Consumable         Amber Malt         All             50
    Consumable         Kirigami Charm     All             5
    Racial             Alcohol Tolerance  All             461
                                          All             521                    -

Elemental       0                      -

Cosmic             Nimbus             Cosmic          10
                                          Cosmic          10                     -

Resilience                            Cutting         12
                       Tattoo             Cutting         10
                                          Cutting         22 (543)            108%

Resilience                            Blunt           12
                       Tattoo             Blunt           10
                                          Blunt           22 (543)            108%

Curio              Asphyxiation    15
                                          Asphyxiation    15 (536)            107%

Resilience                            Poison          6
                       Tattoo             Poison          10
                                          Poison          16 (537)            107%

Psychic         0 (521)             106%

Athletics          Resistance         Magical         10
    Magic                                 Magical         12
    Rituals            Draconis           Magical         18
                                          Magical         40 (561)            110%

Consumable         Fire               Cold            15
                                          Cold            15 (536)            107%

Potion             Galvanism          Electricity     15
                                          Electricity     15 (536)            107%

Athletics          Fitness            Fire            15
    Construct          SacredPyramid      Fire            10
    Consumable         Frost              Fire            15
                       Tattoo             Fire            10
                                          Fire            50 (571)            111%

Tattoo             Divinus         10
                                          Divinus         10 (541)            108%

Tattoo             Excorable       5
                                          Excorable       5 (536)             107%
    *******************************************************************************
    Which leads to hilarious testing like this: http://pastebin.com/YNzMX5dt

• So, does having DMP greater than 100% negate all damage, or is there a cap?
  • Well, he apparently took 700 damage from the 25 warriors attacking him, so it didn't negate damage completely... but close enough for any real purpose. That, or there's always a part of the damage that goes through DMP entirely.
    And while it greatly reduces damage, it doesn't stop afflictions or bleed.

He could probably tank a supernal though.

• Oh? Too drunk to listen to their preachings?
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    The issue is that bleed seems to be based off base damage, not DMP modified.

So he gets hit for 700, bleeds for 900. Gets hit for 1.2k, bleeds for 5k.

• That earlier quote is nothing:

1. ************************[ BodyScan - Resistances Full ]************************
    2. Source                                Type            DMP           Resistance
    3. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    4. Construct          SacredPyramid      All             5
    5. Consumable         Kirigami Charm     All             5
    6. Racial             Alcohol Tolerance  All             3529
    7.                                       All             3539                   -
    8.                                                                              
    9.                                       Elemental       0                      -
    10.                                                                              
    11.                                       Cosmic          0                      -
    12.                                                                              
    13. Resilience                            Cutting         12
    14.                    Tattoo             Cutting         10
    15.                                       Cutting         22 (3561)           410%
    16.                                                                              
    17. Resilience                            Blunt           12
    18.                    Tattoo             Blunt           10
    19.                                       Blunt           22 (3561)           410%
    20.                                                                              
    21.                    Curio              Asphyxiation    15
    22.                                       Asphyxiation    15 (3554)           409%
    23.                                                                              
    24. Resilience                            Poison          6
    25.                    Tattoo             Poison          10
    26.                                       Poison          16 (3555)           409%
    27.                                                                              
    28.                                       Psychic         0 (3539)            407%
    29.                                                                              
    30. Magic                                 Magical         12
    31.                                       Magical         12 (3551)           409%
    32.                                                                              
    33. Consumable         Fire               Cold            15
    34.                                       Cold            15 (3554)           409%
    35.                                                                              
    36. Potion             Galvanism          Electricity     15
    37.                                       Electricity     15 (3554)           409%
    38.                                                                              
    39. Athletics          Fitness            Fire            15
    40. Construct          SacredPyramid      Fire            10
    41. Consumable         Frost              Fire            15
    42.                    Tattoo             Fire            10
    43.                                       Fire            50 (3589)           412%
    44.                                                                              
    45.                    Tattoo             Divinus         10
    46.                                       Divinus         10 (3549)           408%
    47.                                                                              
    48.                    Tattoo             Excorable       5
    49.                                       Excorable       5 (3544)            408%
    50. *******************************************************************************
  • Clearly, the rest of us are underpowered and needs to get a buff to reach those levels as well.
    >---------------------------[ Changelog Entry #320 ]--------------------------<
       Entered by: Iosai the Anomaly                   Date: 2013-05-21 13:42:36

o DMP now caps out at 90%.

o Racial Alcohol Tolerance can now ("only") provide up to 200 DMP.

o GMCP.Room now has a 'Players' table that tracks who you know to be in
       the room.
    >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------<

Ladies and gentlemen I give you, the Chade nerf.

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Players table sounds like it'll be pretty good anti-illusion.
  • You can't trust it entirely though; odds are you won't see shrouded people entering and such. In fact, it shouldn't give you more info than what you already get through "x enters from the y" and WHO HERE (at least I assume it won't), so it's only a shortcut.
  • I believe WHO HERE shows you shrouded people if you have thirdeye up.
  • Yeah, it probably does. But it doesn't tell you who enters/leaves, does it? Or did I make that bit up?
    Players with Yesod/Shroud only show on entry/exit through choice entry power or their beasts (assuming they aren't in chameleon)