Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I bet Eventru sacrifices himself to send Terentia back from the Void.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Everentia fusion ha?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Terentru? Evenia?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Xenthos said:
    Once again: Dissolving cults is absolutely horrible.  That's a huge extra investment by the players above and beyond everything else.
    It's 80 million personal essence to create a cult, let alone trans it. Even if you have an active cult with people regularly offering, getting trans veneration is a significant investment.

Not only that, but Celest does't have access to any shrine powers either.

What this "event"--if it is one--has currently accomplished is to screw Celest over, both at the individual level (poor order members, poor cult members, especially the cult leader) and the org level (no shrine defenses on any territories).

I'm assuming that Celest will get Gods back. I hope it's Terentia and Eventru back, though, because I can't think of a worse way to **** your order members other than to dissolve the order permanently. New gods won't give back the countless hours in grind to get the cults, the heart-felt roleplay, or the kills and deaths in the name of a god.

If the answer is a new god, I wouldn't blame any player--Celest or not--to hesitate in creating new cults or making huge investments in orders.

• I kind of wish I had been at work instead of home to deal with this. I would rather be bored out of my mind with no customers than being mildly depressed over a game.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Plenty of gods have left the game for whatever reason. Why exactly was it decided to destroy these orders and cults? I don't think there's been a bigger example of griefing in this game thus far.
  • Rivius said:
    Plenty of gods have left the game for whatever reason. Why exactly was it decided to destroy these orders and cults? I don't think there's been a bigger example of griefing in this game thus far.
    Shouldn't have deleted the cults and order. Just let the transition be slow like it was with Lyreth. Total and utter lack of tact on the Admins part unless they plan on bringing them back 100%.
    -----

Nilofer says, "Xena is here, riding Xena, the Xenaesque Xena. She is wielding Xena in both of her hands."

^ Estarra to Celest
    -----

Nilofer says, "Xena is here, riding Xena, the Xenaesque Xena. She is wielding Xena in both of her hands."
  • edited July 2013
    Sid's thinking of posting a "Now Hiring" sign.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Sidonie said:
    Sid's thinking of posting a "Now Hiring" sign.
    As depressing as the event is, I think it would be an awesome opportunity for RP with Celest and the Supernals, looking to them for reassurance, etc. I mean, I feel for you guys, but at least from an RP perspective, there's plenty to have happen.
  • I'm already talking to one of the Supernals. Nobody's biting.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Sidonie said:
    I'm already talking to one of the Supernals. Nobody's biting.
    ... well there goes that theory. I'm so sorry. ;__;
  • It is July 4th, I wouldn't pressure the gods to be working when they are watching the fireworks.

One thing to remember, we've had long-term "season plots" every year for the last several years.  I'm going to assume the Dreadform is one of them.

How do you guys know that they're not gonna do this to every god and then revamp the entire God / Order / Cult system at the end of the year or something like that...
    [BANNERCODE]
  • Even if there are opportunities for RP, this is one of those times where the OOC investment interferes with any IC objectivity. 
  • I'm sorry, it's really hard to see a positive in 'haha, sucks to be you for shrines!' right now. I'll feel a lot better if we even had a single god back, but my optimism is just not there right now. This hurts, when Celest was already in a pretty poor position.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Tully said:
    It is July 4th, I wouldn't pressure the gods to be working when they are watching the fireworks.
    It also would have been kinder to not have this happen on a holiday.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Sidonie said:
    I'm sorry, it's really hard to see a positive in 'haha, sucks to be you for shrines!' right now. I'll feel a lot better if we even had a single god back, but my optimism is just not there right now. This hurts, when Celest was already in a pretty poor position.
    To be fair, most of us even on the other side are not really rubbing that in your faces.  This is a pretty depressing series of events, and having the Cult thing piled on top of it is just... wow.

"Here, you lose your Order, the realm, the mobs, the quests, the shrines, the God... and you also lose 120,000,000 plus of the essence that you and your cult hunted up and put together with no assistance from the Divine in question".  It's a pretty devastating combination of events, and then when it happens to two Divine in a short period of time... ugh.  :(
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Not having shrines going isn't anything new for some orgs, heh.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I see shrines from all the other orgs floating around...
  • I know they're not rubbing it in. Much. Right now. Other than the expected shouts from jerks right afterwards. It doesn't negate the fact that it becomes a prime opportunity for raiding something that matters again.
  • Tonight, on Eye-Witness News: Last year, Achaea nuked Shallam. Year before that? Ashtan in Aetolia went. Is this some crazy conspiracy to destroy Celest, following a trend of "Let's blow up high-population orgs company wide"?

More at 11.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Out of curiosity, didn't some other IRE games do away with admin gods in place of something else? Are we seeing something similar here?

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Lets hope it is not like what happened in Imperian - ALL the gods kicked the bucket there.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    What I don't understand is why both realms vanished. Hajamin got omnomnom'd and Elostian went super martyrdom, and yet both Their realms still exist.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• All you care about is the realm mobs, Mork...lol

But really... We have no gods in Celest. I REALLY wish they would say something because it feels like they are two seconds away from deleting Celest or something? Maybe just a small event where like "Oh don't worry guys." Cause I am soooo worried :(

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    edited July 2013

This is clearly the Ascension Plot where we get Something New After We Fix Stuff. Prolly Order 2.0. Still, I hope you guys get all those investments back or something better(and then the rest of us will have to grind for it, too).

p.s.

How does/did Eventru scream? Is it a massive wall of yellow text? Quotes, please!

p.p.s.

The Dreadform will siphon some energy from the dissolved cults, orders, and realms of both Eventru and Mysrai and will evolve to an Elder God! Kaching!

p.p.p.s.

Maybe Kelly will sacrifice herself ala Marilynth 2.0?!

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Siam said:

p.p.p.s.

:-O
  • Lorina said:

But really... We have no gods in Celest. I REALLY wish they would say something because it feels like they are two seconds away from deleting Celest or something? Maybe just a small event where like "Oh don't worry guys." Cause I am soooo worried :(
    I would like to suggest Celest and Celestian players take the time to roleplay their continued hope/crushing despair/utter confusion/etc at this turn of events with one another and enjoy the event for the adverse roleplay it has provided. There's no plan to destroy Celest and utterly crush the hopes and dreams of the playerbase as the administration laughs wickedly in the Havens. You're in good hands, trust us!

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Lorina said:
    All you care about is the realm mobs, Mork...lol
    Because Terentia had so many mobs >.>

And no it's more than that, Elostian and Hajamin were both before my time, they'd be places and descriptions I'd never get to see otherwise. And there's people who haven't, and people yet to join who never will, get to see Eventru's realm, and that's a damn shame because the descriptions and layout was nothing short of impressive.

And yes prior to ever raiding it I spent ages in there reading up on the place. It doesn't even need mobs in it; the fact is it was 200(?)+ rooms of hard work and brilliant design, and it should at least stand as testament to someone's contributions.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Kelly said:
    Siam said:

p.p.p.s.

:-O
    Don't worry, Kelly. You get your own quest afterwards and become a quasi-vernal goddess. And sing prettily.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

This discussion has been closed.