Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• Well, at least we still have an Ephemeral... if he didn't go into hiding when Eventru got trapped.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    edited July 2013
    Kelly said:
    Siam said:

p.p.p.s.

Maybe Kelly will sacrifice herself ala Marilynth 2.0?!

:-O

I've seen you flying above the pool before now. You're sizing up your divebomb aren't you....

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Siam said:
    Kelly said:
    Siam said:

p.p.p.s.

Don't worry, Kelly. You get your own quest afterwards and become a quasi-vernal goddess. And sing prettily.
    As long as I don't get some slanderous doll that titters at hunky Paladins and loooooooves pink.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    You'll get a tanky warrior princess doll that lays traps and inquistions people.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Kelly said:
    Siam said:
    Kelly said:
    Siam said:

p.p.p.s.

Don't worry, Kelly. You get your own quest afterwards and become a quasi-vernal goddess. And sing prettily.
    As long as I don't get some slanderous doll that titters at hunky Paladins and loooooooves pink.
    No that'd be confusing you for Saoirse.

Yours would come with a pogo stick and shovel accessories.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Zvoltz said:
    Lorina said:

But really... We have no gods in Celest. I REALLY wish they would say something because it feels like they are two seconds away from deleting Celest or something? Maybe just a small event where like "Oh don't worry guys." Cause I am soooo worried :(
    I would like to suggest Celest and Celestian players take the time to roleplay their continued hope/crushing despair/utter confusion/etc at this turn of events with one another and enjoy the event for the adverse roleplay it has provided. There's no plan to destroy Celest and utterly crush the hopes and dreams of the playerbase as the administration laughs wickedly in the Havens. You're in good hands, trust us!
    It's very difficult to enjoy this since we now have no shrines we can make use of without relying on outside forces, in addition to years worth of work by multiple people just poofing. Tack on the fact that we've no patrons to contact for any city/guild related needs, like The Festival of Light stuff and various things I was hoping to start for the Aquamancers, then throw in anything else I may have overlooked, and it really seems like there's not much reason for people to continue logging in for extended periods of time. RP that I was hoping to begin building for my character, that was connected to Eventru, was just thrown out the window, and having largely achieved all the goals I've set for myself city/guild wise, I'm left adrift after this. While I know there will be some resolution where hopefully Celest will have a god or gods to have as patrons, until such a thing happens, I don't think many people in Celest will be able to enjoy this.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Personally, I'm pretty sure Eventru and Terentia will come back before too long. The first reason is that destroying orders/realms/cults/etc. are completely unprecedented (as far as I'm aware), so there's something fishy right there. Second, Eve has been around Lusternia for ages; if he decided to up-and-quit, I've got a feeling he wouldn't do so right after Terentia.

Ssaliss doesn't even think they're gone for good ICly (for a couple of reasons I won't go into here). Sure, it'll suck for Celest in the interim, but I'm fairly sure you'll come out of this with shiny new stuff.
  • Ssaliss said:
    The first reason is that destroying orders/realms/cults/etc. are completely unprecedented (as far as I'm aware), so there's something fishy right there. 
    Disbanding an order has happened multiple times during the course of Lusternia's existence. Some individual gods have done it multiple times, even. Avatars/cults, being parts of the order, are necessarily nullified with the order itself.
    What's different now is that Cults are big personal investments as well, given the essence required for it, so disbanding Orders and Cults are a tougher blow now than it was then.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Raezon said:
    Ssaliss said:
    The first reason is that destroying orders/realms/cults/etc. are completely unprecedented (as far as I'm aware), so there's something fishy right there. 
    Disbanding an order has happened multiple times during the course of Lusternia's existence. Some individual gods have done it multiple times, even. Avatars/cults, being parts of the order, are necessarily nullified with the order itself.

If you ever decide to off yourself, please do so in obscurity and not dissolve the Order. While we would hate to lose you, we would /happily/ continue to run the Order over losing, well, everything.

My cult's formation represented about a year's worth of bashing at my pace, if not more. That doesn't include pouring essence into veneration.

I'd say most cult-holders are up in arms right now at even the possibility that we'd lose the cult.

This is far from an RP-worthy event. While yes, I'll definitely agree that there is much to RP here, the proverbial backhand to Celest (and cult holders) just makes people question what's going on.

In some ways, because of the sheer amount of personal investment a person can put into a cult, it's worse than deleting a city/commune. 
  • It really does hurt to lose so much essence. I know that we receive a portion of essence offered, but my cult wasn't... big, so I ended up funding all that essence myself. Not only does it hurt me that I invested time bashing, but RP time developing the cult. I can say that now I will be far more hesitant to ever form a cult. Likely never again. 

• I understand that its a big loss, both on the part of the player and the god, and its clearly not something we go around doing to be mean or take lightly. That said, cults were expressly designed to function as part of an order, and their (and the order's) existence are entirely at the mercy of the god. The creation of a cult should never be taken lightly, and like all things tied to orgs and not personally owned, their existence is never guaranteed to be permanent, just as avatar status or other privileges, membership, or rank (or even the god role itself). The cult can be destroyed by either the god or the player at any time, and the hard work of either can be nullified by doing so. 

I know you don't like that, but there really isn't any other reply we can give regarding the permanence of cults. There is also very little about the other complaints regarding recent events in Celest (and the game in general) which I can comment on right now, as events should unfold naturally in the game, whatever the resolution might be.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Well, on the bright side, if these events wind up fixing shrines, order wars, and/or affinity, then by all means, keep on deleting more gods.

...Just no more curios/ikons/new gimmick collectible please.
  • Am I getting the wafting scent of cults being overhauled?
  • Hey, hajamin/Terentia/Eventru curios! Collect shrine remnants and body pieces to complete them. Godhood to a curio, sort of a downgrade..
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I guess alternate idea is as follows:
    If your God severs things in that way, there is a backlash which shoves all cult essence and essence sunk into veneration directly back into the Cult Leader.  That way there is not a complete loss of everything worked for.

Again, this would not happen if the leader intentionally quit the Order; simply a safeguard to help out the players involved on an OOC level when something like this happens.  They would still need to do the whole RP thing to find a new home, but it's at least a bit better than just... losing everything with no recourse, and staring "starting all over" right in the face.
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Xenthos said:
    I guess alternate idea is as follows:
    If your God severs things in that way, there is a backlash which shoves all cult essence and essence sunk into veneration directly back into the Cult Leader.  That way there is not a complete loss of everything worked for.

Again, this would not happen if the leader intentionally quit the Order; simply a safeguard to help out the players involved on an OOC level when something like this happens.  They would still need to do the whole RP thing to find a new home, but it's at least a bit better than just... losing everything with no recourse, and staring "starting all over" right in the face.
    Or have the cult essence/veneration slowly drain over time unless replenished. So when a God disappears, the players can keep them active through their devotion. If a God reallyreally has to dissolve cults, this can just be ramped up so that it cannot be outpaced by offerings.

This would also mean that when you run an event that is supposed to be awesome, even though it includes adversity, players would be able to capitalise on the RP opportunity rather than being left totally understandably bummed out about all the investment they've lost.

(I hope that all makes sense, I just came back from jogging so it may well be a pile of mush :S)
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Zvoltz said:
    Lorina said:

But really... We have no gods in Celest. I REALLY wish they would say something because it feels like they are two seconds away from deleting Celest or something? Maybe just a small event where like "Oh don't worry guys." Cause I am soooo worried :(
    I would like to suggest Celest and Celestian players take the time to roleplay their continued hope/crushing despair/utter confusion/etc at this turn of events with one another and enjoy the event for the adverse roleplay it has provided. There's no plan to destroy Celest and utterly crush the hopes and dreams of the playerbase as the administration laughs wickedly in the Havens. You're in good hands, trust us!
    Halflife 3 (Elder) Confirmed?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Totally understand the upset sentiment of people who have lost a lot of essence, but, you will probably get over it eventually. I'm disappointed to see the realms closed off.

I hope the Eventru character, if not the player, actually is gone... not because I don't like him, but because major shakeups in general are good.

Also, it is very important to remember that historically, any event that begins with Celest getting screwed ends with Celest and Magnagora getting unique one-off rewards. So, keep the faith and whatnot.

Also @Estwald: No no no. Temporary moratorium on new curios. It's like that gemini curse in Harry Potter where at first you're super excited for all the new things, and then before you know it you are suffocating under the sheer weight of everything you must somehow acquire. How many are there now? Dozens and dozens...
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
    This month's promotion just added even more, too.
  • Iantoc is still around at least. Sid got a bit of RP in with him last night. Still depressed, but you know, they'll unscrew us eventually. Maybe. Possibly even before the Supernal raids start.
  • Sidonie said:
    Iantoc is still around at least. Sid got a bit of RP in with him last night. Still depressed, but you know, they'll unscrew us eventually. Maybe. Possibly even before the Supernal raids start.
    Well... not to try to assign blame or anything, you (collective Celest you) defiling shrines and raiding enemy godrealms don't exactly make the likelihood of Supernal raids smaller.
    Sidonie said:
    Iantoc is still around at least. Sid got a bit of RP in with him last night. Still depressed, but you know, they'll unscrew us eventually. Maybe. Possibly even before the Supernal raids start.

I wouldn't be too worried, you need numbers for a Supernal raid.

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I take this as a positive step in the right direction.

Delete all shrines. 

And delete superlarge Godrealms with 300+ Merians thats a better bashing ground then.. anywhere else.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Uh... hate to say it, but that was brought on by the constant back and forth over the years. There's no pointing fingers in blame here, there's just you guys raid, so you other guys justify it as reason to raid once you other guys are back on your feet, and back and forth and back and forth.

Also, right now, it's hardly surprising they're going after the people who had been making things worse even before our gods disappeared. 

No, I know it doesn't help anything, but it's not like I can stop them, which is why I am concerned about it. That is all.
    Talan said:

Also, it is very important to remember that historically, any event that begins with Celest getting screwed ends with Celest and Magnagora getting unique one-off rewards. So, keep the faith and whatnot.

This. At the back of my head.

#bringShikariback 

• Eh, forming a cult shouldn't be something that should be taken on lightly. That is true. It should be a decision players spend days or even months thinking about, because it should have actual RP meaning and it should be a sizable investment. And precisely because of that, it should never be because the player runs the risk of having the amount of work put into the formed cult disappear on someone else's whim. Of course, make no mistake, as players of Lusternia, any credit purchases are all made with the understanding that should the game one day poof, we'd get nothing back. But this disclaimer is not, and has never been, a threat, this is an OOC failsafe for the company behind the game, to ensure they have a livelihood and won't get ruined by unforseen circumstances.

However, the event that is unfolding is not an OOC bankruptcy the company is facing. It is an IC crisis. Yet, the very same kind of idea is being put forth: that everyone who is considering forming a cult should think very very very long and hard about it, because forming a cult means voluntarily putting up to RL year(s) of bashing grind at risk of being forfeited without refund (so far). This is a threat, an axe hanging over the heads of players who are given the choice to form a cult: do so only if you wish to have it put in jeopardy on the whim of the storyboard writer behind the game. I don't feel this is an acceptable mindset to take, but so far, all of the godshell posts being made on this forums is only echoing this mindset. I have no idea what the end of this event will entail - it may even be a full reinstatement of the cults. But none of the above posts so far are reassuring at all. They all have the same line: cults WILL be destroyed with the disbanding of a God's Order, under any circumstances whatsoever. This underlying mindset means I will never lead a Cult by my own choice (not that I will ever have the time to invest into the game to afford one in the first place, of course). And I hope many other players who are face such a choice in the future take it into consideration very carefully.

I strongly disagree, and have posted it in a new thread as requested.
This discussion has been closed.