Real World Raves

Comments

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Everiine said:
    Even though I've played through it a dozen times, every once in a while, it is still fun to fire up the original MYST and go through the Ages again. Took my time over two evenings going over all the puzzles and remembered being a wide-eyed kid at my cousins' house spending hours and hours with them trying to figure out each Age. Good times! Now, on to Riven!
    Myst 3: Exile has always been one of my all-time favourite games, I usually tend to crack it out at least once a year for the nostalgia - I felt the anti-hero (he was not really an antagonist by the time you learned his motivations), Saavedro, was really well done and they gave a nice bit of background regarding him :)
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • I need to finish that series. I have all 5 of them sitting up behind me!
  • ZyphoraZyphora :: the sun in her splendour ::
    Pokemon X&Y and new 3DS, wooooo. Best anniversary gift ever! :x

Tradesies!

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I swear everyone is playing Pokemon X/Y at the moment, still on Fire Emblem - Awakening here waiting for Phoenix Wright to come out end of the month.

Also Ikaruga is on Steam's Greenlight project. If you love classic side/vert scrolling SHMups, vote for it. If you don't, vote for it anyway so the rest of us can buy it!

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• edited October 2013
    Parua said:
    Alary said:
    Busy busy busy! Soooo busy. NaNoWriMo is next month, expect life to drop off dramatically in favor of actually winning for once. Awesome people in virtual pet sites, MAGENTA dragons. Because why not? Back into rping with my genderbent Black Widow. Steampunk AU woo! -waddles off-
    Are you on Flight Rising? o_o
    I am on Flight Rising. I am the only Magenta primary WC breeder at the moment, and soon will add magenta imperials and pearlcatchers. I am Kuailong on there, feel free to shoot my a message if you want to be buddies. I love buddies. /fire flight ftw
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
    Morkarion said:
    I swear everyone is playing Pokemon X/Y at the moment, still on Fire Emblem - Awakening here waiting for Phoenix Wright to come out end of the month.

Also Ikaruga is on Steam's Greenlight project. If you love classic side/vert scrolling SHMups, vote for it. If you don't, vote for it anyway so the rest of us can buy it!
    Do like, but already got it on XBLA.  I prefer playing using an arcade joystick.

I have it on the Gamecube, I just want to play it on my PC, and get people like @Rialorm hooked even more.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    So, this is hilarious.  My sister has recently gone off to college, and started dating a boy she's known for...two weeks.  Okay, cool, whatever, he's a math major, a nerd (they met playing DnD on a Friday night) and seems like an upstanding guy.  Then I learned a piece of information (after playing League w/him, my sister, my wife and Kio last night) that blew my mind and made me think this one might be a keeper, if she's interested in something long term.

Turns out, he's the player behind Senna.  o.O

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Senna's cool, miss her on both of my main characters, sadface.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Senna was teh bomb. I miss Senna.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    The only Pokemon I play is Blue/Red. Never liked any past the original 151.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    Blue and Red were hopelessly user-unfriendly, even compared to Gold and Silver.
    Raves for a BIG interview lined up later this week for the student newspaper at the university I go to ^___^

Can't reveal any details just yet, but I'll put up a link to a copy of the interview once I have transcribed it - the interview is on friday.

Morkarion said:
    I have it on the Gamecube, I just want to play it on my PC, and get people like @Rialorm hooked even more.
    Only reason I would consider getting it is for multiplayer over the internet.

Kagato said:
    Morkarion said:
    Only reason I would consider getting it is for multiplayer over the internet.
    Pretty sure the 2p version will run over Steam. I can go back to being killed because my teammate blocked my path again!

• Aaaah, four day weekend. Just need to think about whether I want to extend that to five days.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    After months of communication issues and fanagling over insurance, my basement has all of its walls again. Let's hope it stays that way for a while!
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Vivet said:
    After months of communication issues and fanagling over insurance, my basement has all of its walls again. Let's hope it stays that way for a while!
    This puts a hilarious image in my head wherein the walls are arguing and refuse to come together. The insurance part is ignored.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Thundercats may be a go, hopefully, fingers crossed

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Vivet said:
    Quick, someone call for Peasantface!
    Akyaevin said:
    Vivet said:
    Quick, someone call for Peasantface!
    With a surge of adrenaline, you glance around wildly for a wall to bust through as you bellow, "OH YEAH!!"

• @Isune
    omg omg omg
    omg
    i am so excite
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Morkarion said:
    With a surge of adrenaline, you glance around wildly for a wall to bust through as you bellow, "OH YEAH!!"
    :(
  • Morkarion said:
    Ikaruga is my favorite type of pixelated torture.  I voted for it on Greenlight because it's just not fair that there might be a person in the world who has not yet had to suffer as we did.
    Torture is an understatement to this game, the downside is while it's utterly horrible and masochistic, it's also utterly addictive and after you're done raging about a death? YOU START A NEW GAME.

Who would have thought a game with only 5 levels would take so long to complete.

• Woop! I got a pretty decent raise and a large bonus from work today!
  • Strange paradox: Being on Lusternia all day lets me get a lot of real work done.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
    I went into the DON's office, and basically (though more politely) said that I'd like to be moved down to part time scheduling within the next two weeks... or I'd be looking for a new job in two weeks. Perhaps now I'll be able to... have a life or something (or not, and play Lusternia more).