General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    8 hour work days again are pretty nice. Except when they start at 6 pm. Thank God this only happens once a month.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Utterly disgusted with my car right now.   In the summer, the A/C compressor gave up on me.  I decided that I would wait it out because summer was almost over.  I could get through the winter and then buy a newer car next year.  

My heater stopped working today.  F**** Toyota/Lexus.
    Stangmar - Retired

• Days of rain and more rain means the running track nearby that I like to run on is a mud pool now and can't be used. Meaning I have to run on the street, and I didn't plan ahead for that so I lack reflective clothing to make myself visible enough. Also, the run I plotted out on the street was a minute too short.

Oh yeah, for an actual real complaint, my car's driver side door lock got stuck. So I need to climb in from the passenger side. The radio also has stopped working after I rolled the window of that door down completely, so I suspect something is just busted on the inside. I hope the garage can fix both for not too much money, as getting the inner board off myself is pretty impossible without removing the seat, and I'm not up to doing that whole thing myself.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • This morning I noticed my odometer said 23432 and I had to ruin it by going to work :(
  • Acrune said:
    This morning I noticed my odometer said 23432 and I had to ruin it by going to work :(
    I wish mine said that......It's at 129k, and all my coolant leaked out yesterday.....and the timing belt is getting ready to go.....and my job ends in December.
    Stangmar - Retired

• First world problems, but still.

Set a date for a party about a month ago, and it's tonight. Invited like 30 people, only about 6 of them have responded. I'm freaking out as it gets closer to go time and people are unreachable.

This is why I don't host things or try to be social. It never goes well.

-goes back to frantically cleaning/worrying/setting up-
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    It's way easier to have fun with six people than with thirty!
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Parua said:
    First world problems, but still.

Set a date for a party about a month ago, and it's tonight. Invited like 30 people, only about 6 of them have responded. I'm freaking out as it gets closer to go time and people are unreachable.

This is why I don't host things or try to be social. It never goes well.

-goes back to frantically cleaning/worrying/setting up-
    Yeah, I don't understand how this happens. We've stopped organizing fun outings with our work 'friends' because everyone pretty consistently bails last minute. When has it become ok to bail on things you said you'd do or to disregard invites to things entirely? *grumpy old man*
  • Update.

Three people showed up. I'm really glad they came, but my self esteem has taken a pretty heavy hit as none of  the people I basically planned this party for showed up, or even had the decency to say they weren't coming.
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
  • Well, if the universe was kicking me in the balls when my water pump started leaking last week, it just screwed me in the back door today.  My engine bit the dust just as I was about to trade it in at a dealership.  
    Stangmar - Retired

• Why no Ms. Headhunter, of course you can schedule our meeting the day I said I was working after explicitly setting up for the day I wasn't. It's not like I didn't repeat the day several times on the phone. 

Whatever, I'd rather build computers... 

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• Today has just been one bad thing after another, after another, leading into "Oh hey, can't leave work because apparently the ****ing lock on the door is broken, and now I'm waiting for security personnel an hour and a half after closing to get here so I can go home and sleep for 3 hours before I repeat this tomorrow!"

• edited November 2013
    I am SO TIRED OF CAR TROUBLES.

On my way home from work last night, my car made a weird ker-chunk sound, but at first (15 min) didnt seem affected at all, then it overheated when I was about halfway home. When we checked it, the hose that connects to the radiator from the coolant tank was missing. Had it towed to the shop. We were hoping it was just going to need a new hose.

NOPE

Get a call from the shop this morning. Apparantly that sound was the cooling fan breaking. When it broke, the blades flew into the radiator and busted a hole in it. He also said that my break pads were worn down really bad and they should be replaced, and that the serpentine belt needed replacing. All said, it's gonna cost like 1850 for parts and labor, and we literally -just- bought this car. I still have the temp tags on it!

WHY DO CARS HATE ME
  • Did the brakes work fine?  If so, don't authorize him to replace those pads.  Mechanics are notorious for making up shit that you need to have done to the car.   

I feel you though, my car died on Monday.  Sold it on Wednesday and am now shopping for a new one.   What did you buy?
    Stangmar - Retired

Yarises for everyone! 

How cute is that? :x
    I used to make cakes.

• KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!!
    Stangmar - Retired

• I had been driving a 2000 ford contour that the headgasket blew and totaled itself.

I then got a 2001 VW Passat with only 79k miles on it, but then the cooling fan thing happened, haven't even had it a month yet :(

Yeah, I called my dad and he was like, "I'mma yell at that mechanic for you" and he did. It still sucks, since I literally -just- bought this car.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    ...I ride a bike.

:-S
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    The planet thanks you!
    I used to make cakes.

• VW's are notoriously unreliable.

Stangmar - Retired

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Daraius said:
    The planet thanks you!
    My legs are not so accepting.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Stangmar said:
    VW's are notoriously unreliable.

Really? I have nothing but good things to say about my 03 Jetta...

Granted I ride my harley way more than I drive it... do I have a ticking time bomb sitting in my driveway?
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Damn bipolar weather in ohio. Tornado force winds and rain and the damn power went out while I was on astral -.-
  • Not a ticking time bomb per say.  But IIRC, lots of small electrical problems. 

It hasn't stopped me from looking at a few. I would love a diesel powered jetta.  I'm currently shopping right now after my Lexus blew up on me(last Toyota I will own).  My next ride will likely be a GM.  NO MORE TIMING BELTS.
    Stangmar - Retired

• I drive a Peugeot 106, it's about 10 years old. Very little distance done, and previously owned by the government so well maintained too. Turns out the lock problems I had with it was the lock just needing some new oil. Since that has worked in it is smooth as ever. Too bad my radio doesn't seem to come on anymore, even with a new (second-hand) put in. Think it may be a fuse problem. I'll be glad if all my car problems remain these little things. The garage did oil the lock for me for free and gave me that second-hand radio on the house. It helps that my aunt and uncle have been going there with their cars for years.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Watching the most recent episode of SNL has just underscored for me what a talentless skank Lady Gaga is.
    Stangmar - Retired

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited November 2013
    I basically need to go into work and have a showdown with my supervisor.

I warned her about a month ago that I was going to want to move to a part time schedule, m/w/f off, and haven't heard back from her on the subject since, and she's asking to see my school schedule before she will act.

Bit o' background: I've been working for this company for about sixth months as a full time employee.... listed as a part time employee, receiving part time employee benefits (none). I was originally hired as a part time employee, but on my very first day was offered a full time schedule and took it. Since then, we've gone through three-ish directors of nursing, two administrators, a handful of supervisors, and an HR director, not to mention fully half (or more) of the nursing assistants on my shift quitting, but I stuck around. I'm going to be picking school back up in January and must go back down to part time hours, and would really love to have the days I've requested off: I've managed to wrangle together a schedule that will get me the most meaningful credits while impacting my work schedule the least.

I've been in the process of registration since the beginning of November, when the open enrollment started. Right now, I'm basically just waiting for some really slow transcripts to work their way through the system, and as such haven't been able to provide a definitive schedule, and won't be able to until the college works through the kinks in my account. I have all the classes earmarked, waiting for processing. I even have the money ready to pay for my classes, I just can't print out my schedule, because the school hasn't let me create an official schedule yet. I'm hoping the DON will be understanding and just work with me on the days I say I need off, because the alternative is finding another job - which in this situation does hurt my employer more than it hurts me. I have enough money and support to live for quite some time without a full job, there is always a big demand for nursing assistance, especially where I live (a very popular retirement area), and my first priority is school. Period.

Here's to hoping it doesn't get to that point.
  • ...Enyalida, you have my sympathies. I have seen a ton of DONs at my own facility as of late. On the flip side, I'm done on the 29th of this month. More of a rave though, as I got a job at a hospital. :)
  • You work fulltime with the benefits and listing of parttime? That's actually illegal over here. I'd so use that against them. I know it can be scary, especially if you need the money, but you should totally press them for answers right now. Have that showdown asap and agree on a date where you will have your final answer. That way you know that if they take longer, you can start looking out for something else. If they pick up on that, it may sway their minds, especially since they are getting a huge benefit of you having been willing to work that way for the past 6 months.