Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• Only the dead have seen the end of war?

Wisdom comes by disillusionment?

America is a young country with an old mentality?

A child educated only at school is an uneducated child?
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Maria Maria, you remind me of a West Side Story?

(I jest, of course)
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • If this event is going in the direction I think it is, I think it would be quite appropriate to smack Odethi upside the head until some sense can be slapped into her.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Daraius said:
    Pretty sure @Kiradawea doesn't even come up to Daraius's knees. The image of their psychodrama battles amuses me.
    I like to imagine Psychodrama as being something akin to Duelmasters or Yu-Gi-Oh. Except without the overdone grunts of physical pain. :D
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Morkarion said:
    Pretty much what I already said on the city newsboard. Of course in this case there seems to have been an epic cover-up operation initiated by old Celest.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    Kiradawea said:
    Morkarion said:
    Pretty much what I already said on the city newsboard. Of course in this case there seems to have been an epic cover-up operation initiated by old Celest.
    It's a phrase that's true in several ways right about now.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Those who do remember the past are condemned to watch others repeat it.
    edited November 2013
    Hiriako said:
    Those who do remember the past are condemned to watch others repeat it.
    Yeah but that bit? That bit's fun, because either you know when your moment to shine comes in or you get to be the one that stands over the idiot and goes "I told you so."

To quote Narcotics Anonymous "Insanity is repeating the same mistakes and expecting different results."

• *coughEinsteincough*
    edited November 2013
    There's no evidence to suggest he actually ever said it, while it's been attributed to him it's not actually one of the lines he's recorded as ever saying. It's been attributed to a few people but with no hard evidence to support any of them.

It's earliest known source is the Narcotics Anonymous basic text from the early 1980's.

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    I still have absolutely no idea what's going on with this event...Mysrai's Order has some neat vision stuff going on (when don't we!), but I'm not sure if it's to be taken as playing a part...or if it's standalone? Hearing people talk about all of this more recent stuff just sort of has me scratching my head, wondering why I know diddly squat aside from what I've grabbed on the forums  :-??
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • I was unaware. :(
    [spoiler] Dumbledore dies [/spoiler]
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited November 2013
    Every plot that enters my mind casts Hallifax in an unsavory light, or otherwise ends very poorly for Hallifax.  :|
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • To me, this just keeps reiterating an idea I've had for a while- the folks of Old Celest only had a very vague idea of what the phrase "This seems like it might be a bad idea" meant.
  • No one is ever at all surprised that every doomsday event ever has SOMETHING to do with the Old Empire.
  • Whoever's leaving flamed panties all over the Serenwilde, it's not funny or cute anymore. Please stop?

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
    It's Aiyana
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Riluna said:
    Whoever's leaving flamed panties all over the Serenwilde, it's not funny or cute anymore. Please stop?
    They're all over Air too.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Yeah, it's Aiyana. She got caught at it in Celest, and has thusly been enemied for obscene/nuisance behavior.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods

"Furies' Decision:
    We do not believe there is a real problem with "flamed granny panties" at this time. Issues or contacting your patron are good ways to get them removed if, on rare occasions, these things do happen. At this time, however, we do not want to give a mushroom sigil-equivalent to Demigods+."

Report 973
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    I gotta say "We do not believe there is a real problem with flammed granny panties" is certainly one of the most entertaining Furies comments I've seen.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    That's my girl.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    Least they aren't flooding your Divine's fulcrux with shoes...

Or are they...

Either way, I blame Mysrai for this. I'm sure they are responsible for this in some fashion or other....

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Enyalida said:

"Furies' Decision:
    We do not believe there is a real problem with "flamed granny panties" at this time. Issues or contacting your patron are good ways to get them removed if, on rare occasions, these things do happen. At this time, however, we do not want to give a mushroom sigil-equivalent to Demigods+."

Report 973
    Don't forget that these days enchanters can disenchant flame sigils - though that DOES require an enchanter to actually be awake (plus have the required aetheric power to disenchant however many items were left)
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Kagato said:
    Enyalida said:

"Furies' Decision:

Report 973
    Don't forget that these days enchanters can disenchant flame sigils - though that DOES require an enchanter to actually be awake (plus have the required aetheric power to disenchant however many items were left)
    We cannot disenchant flame sigils on objects dropped in rooms - unless I was getting the syntax wrong, and I tried a few permutations. I was trying to clean up the Air plane.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Syntax: DISENCHANT FLAME ON <object>
    Power: 3 (any)
    You can also disenchant flame sigils that have been directly attached to
    another object.

Yes, it absolutely works (and it's why it was made a thing.) Just tested it.

attach flame to flower
    You attach a flame-shaped sigil to a cool tulip of dusk.

drop flower confirm
    You drop a cool tulip of dusk.

get flower
    You quickly pull your hand back as a flame sigil on a cool tulip of dusk singes your fingers.

disenchant flame on flower
    You pass your hands over a cool tulip of dusk, drawing out the power of the flame sigil as a burning, all-encompassing heat. The sigil quickly goes up in a puff of smoke.

You may disenchant another sigil.

get flower

You have recovered equilibrium.

You pick up a cool tulip of dusk.

• TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    edited November 2013
    Oh cool, I was just doing the syntax wrong. I was looking at Fist to try and find it. Thanks :D
  • Hey, hey. I only did it in Celest, I'm not to blame for Hallifax and Serenwilde.

This discussion has been closed.