Simple Ideas

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I'm actually kind of shocked the credits aren't already bound.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."

• Daraius said:
    It's the same situation we have with dingbats. Those can be freely transferred between alts regardless of where they came from.

Bit silly things are different here compared to -all- the other IRE games, but there it is.
  • Lerad said:
    Stuff.
    I actually strongly disagree here for no other reason than the 1-60 tier is -constantly- blighted with blatent alts who simply don't seem to give a shit and will even go to such lengths as I posted on another thread. It's fact that almost always, 100% of those in that tier simply do their thing then transfer the cr to their alt.

This is simply unacceptable.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Daraius said:
    There are issues and emails every greathunt which the administration has to deal with; it's a tremendous amount of overhead and extra work.  I concur with you, they should have been made bound years ago.  We've been asking for it for ages and it is an extraordinarily simple & easy solution.

It would end almost all abuse in one quick little step, and people who are legitimately competing will still get their rewards that they can use for themselves.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    The only major problem with 'bound' credits is many credits have more uses than simple lessons/artifact buying. We've got selling on the market for gold, trading for dingbats, etc

• Caerlyr said:
    Lerad said:
    Stuff.
    I actually strongly disagree here for no other reason than the 1-60 tier is -constantly- blighted with blatent alts who simply don't seem to give a shit and will even go to such lengths as I posted on another thread. It's fact that almost always, 100% of those in that tier simply do their thing then transfer the cr to their alt.

This is simply unacceptable.
    If the official stance by the admin is that the credits should be considered OOC, then "doing their thing and transfering the cr to their alt" is exactly what is being encouraged here. I don't think it's fair to say it is "unacceptable" if that's what the admin wants. Of course, logically, you'll want the novice tier to be catered for novices, not for alts, or at the least catered for alts that are novices and not for the mains of those alts, but whatever. There's really nothing wrong with people creating alts to do nothing but bash and influence. Much as it is a surprise to people, there are players who want nothing more from a text game than scrolling descriptions of monsters being horribly maimed, and zero interaction with anything that is not an algorithm.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Maybe we should just make the newbie tier bound credits, and the rest unbound?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Could do that, but I'd much rather see them all be bound, personally.
  • edited December 2013
    Lerad said:

If the official stance by the admin is that the credits should be considered OOC, then "doing their thing and transfering the cr to their alt" is exactly what is being encouraged here. I don't think it's fair to say it is "unacceptable" if that's what the admin wants. Of course, logically, you'll want the novice tier to be catered for novices, not for alts, or at the least catered for alts that are novices and not for the mains of those alts, but whatever. There's really nothing wrong with people creating alts to do nothing but bash and influence. Much as it is a surprise to people, there are players who want nothing more from a text game than scrolling descriptions of monsters being horribly maimed, and zero interaction with anything that is not an algorithm. 
    That may be true, but the flip side is some of the more recent marketing decisions--especially the global ones that are throughout the company--might be sacrificing long-term goals for short-term profits, or they may not be aware of the abuse or just haven't had time to deal with it.  MUDs are really the only main way for dedicated RP to exist--there are a lot of drawbacks to text-only combat, especially compared to what modern games offer.  I think I would be saddened if that was sacrificed and IRE games just became another MMO without the graphics.

The fact that there are Bound credits means to me that "All Credits are considered OOC" is either outdated or overly simplistic.  I pay for an elite membership, for instance, but all my credits are bound when I get them.  I think @Xenthos is and @Caerlyr are right in this particular case.  
    [BANNERCODE]
  • So with this logic, I earned credits through Ardmore for a great hunt and I can transfer them to alts. With this same logic, I earn gold with Ardmore and I'll buy credits off the credit market and transfer them to my alt. It's 100% the same and that used to be a shrub-able offense. Good to know though.
  • Still is shrubbable, that, and yes. I agree. Another valid point raised.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Ardmore said:
    So with this logic, I earned credits through Ardmore for a great hunt and I can transfer them to alts. With this same logic, I earn gold with Ardmore and I'll buy credits off the credit market and transfer them to my alt. It's 100% the same and that used to be a shrub-able offense. Good to know though.
    Credits gained through the credit market, in-game rewards such as from the wheel or gnomes/ironbeard/stocking/whatever,  org rewards and org sales are always considered IC. Credits gained from Artisanals/Bardics are considered OOC, due to their nature. Maybe Greathunt Credits -should- be considered IC credits!

(as soon as we can find an IC reason why we're getting double experience and credits for our hunting. Gogo Charune, come back!)
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Shaddus said:
    Ardmore said:
    So with this logic, I earned credits through Ardmore for a great hunt and I can transfer them to alts. With this same logic, I earn gold with Ardmore and I'll buy credits off the credit market and transfer them to my alt. It's 100% the same and that used to be a shrub-able offense. Good to know though.
    Credits gained through the credit market, in-game rewards such as from the wheel or gnomes/ironbeard/stocking/whatever,  org rewards and org sales are always considered IC. Credits gained from Artisanals/Bardics are considered OOC, due to their nature. Maybe Greathunt Credits -should- be considered IC credits!

(as soon as we can find an IC reason why we're getting double experience and credits for our hunting. Gogo Charune, come back!)
     That's kind of an easy thing. They can turn the Great Hunt into a standard 'Who is the best hunter?' and you don't need Charune to do that.
  • We really need some kind of flag and action associated with those types who relish in 'raiding' when they are certain an org has no people online. Like, should a group attack a loyal and that org has nobody online (Or just one/two people), they would be subject to some kind of penalty. It's getting old now where people are waking up to loyalsays spam and not a single person saying anything in the org. (For no other reason than none are online!)
    edited December 2013
    Caerlyr said:
    We really need some kind of flag and action associated with those types who relish in 'raiding' when they are certain an org has no people online. Like, should a group attack a loyal and that org has nobody online (Or just one/two people), they would be subject to some kind of penalty. It's getting old now where people are waking up to loyalsays spam and not a single person saying anything in the org. (For no other reason than none are online!)
    Pot calling kettle? I seem to recall you as Draylor doing this a lot. However we aren't raiding because noone is online. We're raiding cause the bloodthirsty person in our org is awake right now. We actually were waiting for fights in each location. 

Yeah yeah I know you're gonna be like 'Psh yeah right whatever noobs' or something silly but let's be honest, 90% of mag's only raid to get in a fight and we NORMALLY don't get to fight outside of a 1 v 2 (odds in your favor). If noone shows up, that's not our fault. There's no reason to penalize anyone for something that's been around since year 1. 

If you want a game where there's more apathy and stalemate and 'peace' there's some kiddy kingdom game to play though? 
  • Farscout enemies provided me with 12 enemies online, all who were capable of combat. You were online too. If you were afk in your manse, you shouldn't be. It's illegal, and against IRE policy. Therefore, with that being said, we were expecting you and multiple others (who were all probably afk in manses too from the looks of it) to come defend, and it would have been a 1:4 ratio of attackers to defenders. In reality, we should have been swarmed and defeated, but we enjoy a challenge, and such provoked our raid. To our dismay, nobody came, and then we left.
  • Well, I came. ... I didn't end up DOING much because I knew I'd be immediately killed, and I didn't take the bait to leave Celestia for the Tide Lords, but I responded. 
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
    edited December 2013
    S'all you can do in those situations. We aren't faulting you Tridemon.

Also, like, as far as the entire situation goes. I get it. You guys don't FEEL like defending so you're going to sit in your manses and either pretend you aren't there, or just not bother. That's fine, that's your choice. We aren't blaming anyone. Just a little disappointed over here. However if you're online, don't come onto the forums and complain about it just because your'e lazy. 
  • Disparity in the forums!

Let's face it, guys. Nobody -actually- gives a shit and coming on here to spam disagree over a bunch of comments is just petty. You do it all the time, as I see constantly when I read my logs.

For the record, being AFK in a manse is -not- against current policy. If it were, we would have a few dozen shrubs around and would not have such things as gmcp.Core.KeepAlive.
  • edited December 2013
    Further, when I used to raid on Draylor, it was 90% of the time, just me. Sure, if the numbers seemed a bit off, I'd call somebody in to help. That's a whole lot of difference than being spam scried by a small group of people hoping for a response only to then do their dastardly act when none was forthcoming!
    Morkarion said:
    This feels entirely like one of those situations where people complain entirely too much about an activity they're all too eager to instigate.

As is, a game that is based on a global community in different timezones means events and fights will happen at different times to the ones you're comfortable playing in, people shouldn't adjust their hours for your convenience. Personally I've got to the point where it doesn't bother me any more if people raid offpeak, because short of supermob/guard kills, none of these have any real effects. You can't prevent raids from happening when you aren't around, nor should the game cater for that.
    Honestly don't know why they keep putting 10 guards on prime....
  • Munsia said:

However if you're online, don't come onto the forums and complain about it just because your'e lazy. 
    Or you know... Asleep, or cooking dinner. Not that this comment matters much. It'll just get a disagree anyway :p
    Caerlyr said:
    Munsia said:

However if you're online, don't come onto the forums and complain about it just because your'e lazy. 
    Or you know... Asleep, or cooking dinner. Not that this comment matters much. It'll just get a disagree anyway :p

Once again, not our problem or fault. We aren't the US government, we aren't keeping track of what you do in your house....we also don't care.

• Caerlyr said:
    For the record, being AFK in a manse is -not- against current policy. If it were, we would have a few dozen shrubs around and would not have such things as gmcp.Core.KeepAlive.

15.10 AFK

Lusternia has a simple, easy-to-understand policy on being AFK: It's not
    allowed. AFK, which stands for Away From Keyboard also includes, to us, a
    player who may be at his or her keyboard, but who isn't doing anything, or
    a player who is at his keyboard, but just has an auto-response (also called
    a trigger) entering commands for himself regularly.

While there isn't a roving squad of admin out looking for AFKers in their manse 24/7 so we can shrub them, being AFK is still not allowed. If you decide to AFK, you accept the responsibility for whatever happens to you, including: being disconnected (or otherwise punished) by an administrator, zapped or disfavoured for ignoring your patron god when they try to talk to you, losing org rank from ignoring org superiors, missing raids, getting PK'd, etc.

• Well, all I am saying is that I have been AFKing in my manse pretty much constantly while active in this game and never once have I had anything happen but a random DC when an admin notices, and even then, it depends who it is. Not all do it.

Why, in that case do we even have Core.KeepAlive?
  • Just....don't afk. Don't do it. If you do, don't advertise you afk in a manse. Don't ask why we have core.keepalive. Stop asking questions. Just obey the rules, and we'll all do just fine. =)
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Here's an idea, 

Every time someone suggests an idea to stop something they did themselves, but don't like when it's done back to them, they get banned from posting ideas.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Caerlyr said:

Why, in that case do we even have Core.KeepAlive?
    For writing posts/journals/etc when you make use of the GMCP Composer. If you didn't have keepalive then, you'd be disconnected unless you regularly sent the buffer to the game. It being usable outside of those situations is just a perk.