Simple Ideas

Comments

• edited December 2013
    What if there was a dingbat item that helped you make a bunch of things at once, e.g. PUT 400 VELLUM INTO MACHINE TO FOLD 100 KIRIGAMIDESIGN#
  • Marcella said:
    What if there was a dingbat item that helped you make a bunch of things at once, e.g. PUT 400 VELLUM INTO MACHINE TO FOLD 100 KIRIGAMIDESIGN#
    newp, doesn't have anything at all to do with earlier.
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• Small request for a slight change to Illusions Detection. This is how things look when you check DETECT ILLUSIONS ME:

******************************[ Your Illusions ]*******************************
    Spell                         Duration                                Location
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    an invisibility illusion          6966                              on Caerlyr
    a blurred illusion                6978                              on Caerlyr
    an illusory colourmaelstrom        295                       the Pool of Stars
    *******************************************************************************

Looking at CHECK ILLUSIONS HERE, however, we notice a disparity:

There is an illusory colourmaelstrom.
    You detect one illusion.

Might we have a slight change to show who the owner of an illusion is in these circumstances, bringing it in line with how HERE works?
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Don't think it's particularly necessary, you can't tell who has drawn hexes in your room, can you?
  • Well, you can DETECT ILLUSIONS <person> to ascertain the information, so it's not like the request is for something entirely new.
  • Assuming, of course, that the person is actually still there...
  • Aye, that's a very fair point to raise.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited December 2013
    A command that would move something to the bottom of your inventory.

It would be functionally the same as "drop thing/take thing" but since it's one command, you wouldn't have to specify the item number to avoid confusion with matching things already in the room. 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Allow inner order members to be given a perm by trusting gods to wipe offerings and administer favours.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I understand why you're suggesting that, but I think it would just cause problems.

How about some tailoring ideas instead?

-Allow us to have some means of giving clothing negative warmth, perhaps through use of frost potion. We could call it Summerproofing, or something to that effect.

-Similarly allow some means of Windproofing, to reduce friction against high winds. Maybe vitae or allheale for that.

And in order to make shears more interesting/desirable...

-Allow someone with shears to mend whenever they want, instead of only when the item is below a given decay threshold. This would open the way for more marketable tawdry items, as well as make it possible some people might shoot for going for the greater degrees of tawdry past that (which basically never see use).

-Allow shears to reduce the comms needed for padding/thermal, or to increase the amount of warmth added by them by 50%. If Summerproof or Windproof are added, they can be similarly affected here as well.

As long as the bonuses are stripped in a Shaman's demense, sure. 
  • Could we not have the reserves of ships pretty much wiped when they blow up, please? I'm fine with power being zero'd, but it sucks losing nearly all of the reserves as well.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    edited December 2013
    Here's a pretty simple idea, doesn't need much to fix it. Don't complain about a lack of 1v1's when you gladly call in two Tahtetso.

Inbeforemisuseofflags.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• 1v1 is good when I know I can win (never any more!) but other than that, "HAAALLLPPPPPPP!"
  • Morkarion said:
    Here's a pretty simple idea, doesn't need much to fix it. Don't complain about a lack of 1v1's when you gladly call in two Tahtetso.

Inbeforemisuseofflags.
    well, when you try to summon non-coms, they tend to call for help, anybody they know.
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
    I did that after other people got called in. I was getting you away so Sidd could take Caerlyr up on the whole 1v1 thing.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Allow every player access to the full suite of DESIGN commands, sans submit. Add in a command that associates a particular design with a cartel after it has already been written, so that the cartel can actually submit the design. 
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    At the very least, access to seeing the full list of patterns available and the minimum required comms would be a great bonus.

That would be a good start. Part of the idea was to make it easier for people to design things as part of cartels without having to be a trademaster directly. Without these commands, at some point, you need to send a list of details that a trademaster will copy/paste into the correct form. Why not remove the middle man in that regards? The trademaster would still need to submit it, they just wouldn't have to c/p it in, and the designer would be able to more clearly understand what is needed for their design - seeing the design template in person.
  • Yes, please tweak the system to allow everyone access to all designs. Make it have to happen in a room or something. Make a new room or something. Make it a channeled action or something. But people who don't have the trade skill should be able to see available designs of the trade without needing to find a person to pastebin it for them. In order to put up a single tattoo for a novice, I spent an hour and twenty minutes, and that's with me streamlining and explaining everything, helping him to buy comms etc etc. Of that entire time, only 10 minutes were the actual time taken to complete the tattoos - the bulk of the time was spent on choosing the designs, simply because we needed to dance around pastebin.

• Problem: Currently, if someone has a Scroll of Laurels, there is no way to determine their city rank (or citizenship status, for that matter) when they are not online.
    Solution: Introduce the command CMEMBERS command, which works like GMEMBERS, except for citizens instead of guild members. It would display name, rank and ministry status of everyone who is a citizen of your city/commune. Also, CMEMBERS DORMANT for dormant people.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Make a quest to retrieve sands from an aspect/elemental. I'd prefer for it to not be "killing the mob", but something you can do sneakily to take a sand from it and give it to your own mob.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    Make a quest to retrieve sands from an aspect/elemental. I'd prefer for it to not be "killing the mob", but something you can do sneakily to take a sand from it and give it to your own mob.

• Thoros said:
    Shaddus said:

• Can reading logs not interrupt tattooing please?
    Can anything that doesn't consume balance/eq, involve eating/reading/drinking/releasing (IE curing and non balance def upkeeps) or require leaving the room not interrupt channelled effects? That'd be better.

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Let's not say channeled effects. Cause there's some instakills out there...
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    What I'd like is for items deeded to families to be treated like deeded things. Family heads can't do anything with the deed. It's just a deed. 
  • Can we please have leg balance added to the prompt in the same fashion as arm balance? As a monk, I'd be very grateful for this.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • I'd kinda like a command for city leaders to send the beasts of offline people back to the stables... Though I doubt that'll ever happen.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.