Simple Ideas

Comments

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Make Project Eternity a faction -.- 
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Silvanus said:
    Or just make some conflict quests that are harmful towards an organization instead just be empowering towards its opposite.

I am still just in disbelief that an entire changing of the system is being put in order to make things simpler and easier to get into, and cost far less, yet some quests still are there just to make it harder to get into, and cost far more, and come with rewards of free wheel spins.

Am I the only one that sees this as a problem? The systems put in place only encourage griefing towards a very specific group and rewards them with curios for doing it.
    I have to agree with this. It's not like there's a quest being put in place to lower regen of living people, which takes a demigod/several demigods to change, is moderately spammable and gives a reward.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Making Project Eternity a faction would let me murder people who tried to raise the throne...do want
    No it wouldn't. Fishers wouldn't enemy you, but killing the faction mobs (Merians for example) would enemy you...
  • edited January 2014
    Silvanus said:

I am still just in disbelief that an entire changing of the system is being put in order to make things simpler and easier to get into, and cost far less, yet some quests still are there just to make it harder to get into, and cost far more, and come with rewards of free wheel spins.

They removed coin generation from curios a month or two back.

Also a bit confused as to why people would do the Spire for Vernals when the Catacombs are available and as far as all the hatred to the quest is the removal of undead regen really that big a deal? You still get all the other perks.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Make the GET command also work with here. Like: GET <item> FROM <container> HERE - I tried bugging it previously, but was told to use INFO HERE like I'm a newbie, while I was explaining that it would be used to interact with hidden objects that do not show up on INFO HERE, example used being the skull in Project Eternity versus the skull curio. So every time I have to do the quest, I have to stick one of my enchanted curios in my backpack, take out the item from the skull, then take the curio back out of the pack. It's not too big a bother, but it's still slightly annoying.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Elanorwen said:
    Make the GET command also work with here. Like: GET <item> FROM <container> HERE - I tried bugging it previously, but was told to use INFO HERE like I'm a newbie, while I was explaining that it would be used to interact with hidden objects that do not show up on INFO HERE, example used being the skull in Project Eternity versus the skull curio. So every time I have to do the quest, I have to stick one of my enchanted curios in my backpack, take out the item from the skull, then take the curio back out of the pack. It's not too big a bother, but it's still slightly annoying.
    Because clearly, it's not easy enough for you to grief the throne quest. We need to get someone on this yesterday.

"But paradise is locked and bolted...

We must make a journey around the world

to see if a back door has perhaps been left open."

-Heinrich Von Kleist, "On the Puppet Theater"

• Uruk, we get a *malus* to regeneration.
  • I'm a bit curious about the spire effect on undead actually. By my understanding, all it did was remove a level of regeneration. So it would have no effect on mercy or other such healings, but it would mean that, for example the demigod level 1 health regen was negated. But if you have no health regen to speak of, it won't do a thing. And if you're a Loboshigaru, you have only effective level 2 regen. That is how it works right, or is it even worse?
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • I was just under the impression that it negated the natural regen from being undead. I had never noticed it giving a malus in all the time I was an archlich.
  • We seriously need to address the bullshit that is eq-loss on org mobs. FOUR people hitting 6 mobs should simply -never- die to nothing more than eq-loss. Simple.

Yes, this is what is happening right now.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Caerlyr said:
    We seriously need to address the bullshit that is eq-loss on org mobs. FOUR people hitting 6 mobs should simply -never- die to nothing more than eq-loss. Simple.

If you're referring to the daughters in EtherGlom, only you and Elanorwen were hitting them, and there were 9 of them, not 6.
  • Zouviqil said:
    Caerlyr said:
    We seriously need to address the bullshit that is eq-loss on org mobs. FOUR people hitting 6 mobs should simply -never- die to nothing more than eq-loss. Simple.

If you're referring to the daughters in EtherGlom, only you and Elanorwen were hitting them, and there were 9 of them, not 6.
    There were 9, yes, but there were 3 of us hitting them.

Still, that many hitting, and them all dying....

Fucked up... Simple.
  • Just tested. One of me, 3 daughters.

Perma off eq. Until death.

Needs resolving... Now.
  • Further, just three of those mobs should simply -not- be shutting down a single person... Ever.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    All it would need is the fix made to prevent Spiritsingers from stacking Faeditty to knock you off eq indefinitely:. No eq loss can go last longer than the longest contributing duration. 
    This would have to be across the board. You can be knocked off balance from ripple(I think it's ripple) for 16 seconds
    Caerlyr said:

Alright, I've had enough. You are the single largest baby I have ever seen to grace Lusternia. If it screws you up, the only thing to come out of your mouth is 'Nerf nerf nerf'. Things that you cry about have been around this game since their inception. Far before you ungracefully graced our game. Daughters have always been Daughters, and guess what? You're the ONLY person to cry this hard about it. Eventru mobs were MUCH worse than those. Quit whining about every tiny little thing you come across PLEASE!
  • This is not the place for these back and forth insults.

Please do it privately and then post a log so we can all get a laugh.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Caerlyr said:
    Just tested. One of me, 3 daughters.

Perma off eq. Until death.

Needs resolving... Now.
    I told you in the other thread when you asked that getting more than 2 off-eq mobs on yourself was suicide... why are you surprised?  You already knew that.  It's been this way since Lusternia's birth. :/
  • edited January 2014
    I think another problem is the way Caerlyr goes about trying to kill daughters. It seems he gathers a large group before attacking so there's less warning and higher chance of getting a higher number of kills. I could be wrong, though.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Ardmore said:
    I think another problem is the way Caerlyr goes about trying to kill daughters. It seems he gathers a large group before attacking so there's less warning and higher chance of getting a higher number of kills. I could be wrong, though.
    That is exactly what he does... but you know, I am a warrior with access to high DMP and Shadowdance Drink.  I would never go attack 9 Moon Ladies at once no matter how large my group.  That would be similarly suicidal.  Some NPC hunts are meant to be a little more challenging than others, but in the end they are NPCs.  They have absurdly simple AIs which are so easy to abuse.  These ones are just not designed for quick hit-and-run purposes, but instead a more protracted fight where you pick them off a few at a time.

This is also evidenced by the fact that they do not respawn but must be quested for; they are not intended to be able to be brute-forced in a few seconds.
    SOoooo back to ideas. Can we have shrines in manses allowed? I can't forsee abuse, and just keep the rule of no war shrine...
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I can get behind allowing a Soulless curio for taking down the Dio Spire. No, it doesn't directly help a Soulless, but breaking/destroying something important to a Vernal should count, right? There's still a general imbalance between Soulless/Vernal collecting as is.
  • Not to mention that an argument could be made for Dio harming soulless, I.E. weakening tainted undead and those with a connection to the tainted spirits. And thus taking the spire down you're helping the soulless by removing one of their hinderances.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    edited January 2014
    Tainted individuals are people too :(

Can we get something else to do with Ikon's? Or maybe their boost changed a little? I can't use Ikon's cause I can't get essence, so melting them is pointless for me, but I have a lot and they just grow by the day...and noone really buys/uses uncommons. 
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Daedalion said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Because clearly, it's not easy enough for you to grief the throne quest. We need to get someone on this yesterday.
    I was using the skull in project Eternity as an example, nothing more, nothing less... it was always a thing that annoys me, and I'm pretty sure there are other places where GET from a hidden object can interfere with having that object in your inventory. But hey, nice to see you're on top of not griefing people's quests, mr. pot.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited January 2014
    I'd love an option for directors and stage managers (or even just the MoCA) to be able to set productions as private, allowing only citizens of the org to view them and making them ineligible for prestige.

It'd bring the stage more in line with the library in the level of control we have over access to material.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • edited January 2014
    Aw, but I like invading hallifax and watching lectures.

Oh, I'm not really in opposition on a theoretical level, though I'm not really sure how often that would be a better medium for the sorts of information you'd want to keep private, compared to help scrolls or library records. Call me old fashioned, I guess.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Well I don't expect it'd be used much, but it would be helpful for, like, a lecture that discusses specific strategies for using aeonics in group combat. Stuff that foreigners shouldn't see, even if it's not revealing anything that everyone doesn't already know from the metagame.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."