General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited February 2014
    Waiting at the doctors to be seen - my foot has been getting worse, I think one or more bones may be broken

Update: in hospital. They are doing blood samples, etc then doing an x-ray.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I would really like to get a night of unbroken sleep.  My wife is pregnant, and our two year old has taken to waking up between midnight and two am to express his displeasure about...something.  I don't even know what.  All I know is that it either further escalates into him hollering at the top of his lungs sounding like he's being beaten while he hits his door, or me going in and laying down with him on his too small bed.  Did I mention he freaks out if I try to get up and go back to my bed before he's been sound asleep for about twenty minutes?

If I seem odd to anyone while signed in, well, the sleep deprivation is why.  Apologies in advance.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited February 2014
    @ Jeremy Irons

His acting...improved a lot since then. He did a pretty solid role in an episode of Law & Order SVU, one of my favorites.

Also I've had the most gently nagging migraine/neck pain for three days now, I wish it would just go away.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • I am the last person to leave work today. Before my boss left, he offered to lock me in. When I asked why, he was like "Well, somebody might come in." I asked of that is likely to happen and he told me that it could be. After all, we're in the cellar. Oh, and you're also the only person in this part of the library left so nobody would hear you. Now I'm sitting here, going through all jitsu moves I know. Thanks, boss....
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'm beginning to think the people who work up front (the white collar office workers) at my plant either have no clue how the plant runs, or they're intentionally making decisions for the future of this plant to ruin it.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Tarkenton said:
    I would really like to get a night of unbroken sleep.  My wife is pregnant, and our two year old has taken to waking up between midnight and two am to express his displeasure about...something.  I don't even know what.  All I know is that it either further escalates into him hollering at the top of his lungs sounding like he's being beaten while he hits his door, or me going in and laying down with him on his too small bed.  Did I mention he freaks out if I try to get up and go back to my bed before he's been sound asleep for about twenty minutes?

If I seem odd to anyone while signed in, well, the sleep deprivation is why.  Apologies in advance.
    @Tarkenton Feel for you.  My wife (@lavinya) used to tell me about those nights.  Luckily I can sleep through anything.  The thing I learnt quickly was not to wake up and say 'kids were good last night' because that always earned me a harsh glare.

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    All of my friends in Columbus have a snow day. I don't think this part of Wisconsin has such a concept... every day is a "it's snowing like a blizzard but life goes on" day.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Shaddus said:
    I'm beginning to think the people who work up front (the white collar office workers) at my plant either have no clue how the plant runs, or they're intentionally making decisions for the future of this plant to ruin it.
    I'd almost think we work at the same place, except I know we don't.
  • Certain people should not be allowed to keep their own records or handle their own financials or do business.

Also, I wish there was a mandated template for W-2's.  I'm sick of them all looking different while still technically presenting the required info.

Just some rants of a tax preparer in February.
    Stangmar - Retired

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited February 2014
    Fell down a Youtube Jpop rabbit hole for a while...  :|

Don't worry, I made it out.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Daraius said:
    Fell down a Youtube Jpop rabbit hole for a while...  :|

Don't worry, I made it out.
    I never came out. Still can't find this one band I was watching. Now many say 'Well they all look like girls' for the boy bands but I swear to god I couldn't tell. They SOUNDED like girls too! But they had the bone structure of a guy o.O
  • Hot water takes 15 minutes to actually get hot. I need to shave and get to work. C'mon already! 
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Use a kettle with the bare minimum of water that is recommended.  Probably faster.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Stangmar said:
    Certain people should not be allowed to keep their own records or handle their own financials or do business.
    This is why here even if you want to set up a side business you must present proof of basic business knowledge. It is still damn easy to get (a higher education degree counts, even if you had no business classes), but it weeds out the worst at least. 
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I will not complain about lack of sleep again.  Apparently, God/the universe/karma/insertforceofnature-universe-religionhere decided that after a blessed full night of ten hours of sleep, I should put my back out.  And have it stay that way for three days.  I can old man shuffle, and that's about it.  My wife has been a trooper, but I'm kind of tired of missing classes and work because I can't drive.
  • While my car is being fixed tomorrow, I just wanted to place a little fit here about the fact I've had to walk to work (which is about 5 miles away from my house down a busy highway) the last 3 days, and am walking home from tonight.

It's 11, it's cold, it's scary out there. Wish me luck and many lacks of molestation. ;_;

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    No amount of caffeine seems to keep me up past 9 anymore without me taking a nap these days. Sigh.
  • Bronchitis.

100$ for doctor visit, would have been another 150$ for medication, if I decided I didn't really need the prescription strength robitussin or the inhaler.

Nope, just cost me the 150$ plus the 320$ in the loss of wages for the rest of the week.

Awesome.
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    edited February 2014

Laptop monitor is starting to die. Going white and failing to update, temporarily fixed by presing on the frame or adjusting the angle. Pretty sure I'm having a computer failure within a few days.

Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Minor rant, but people are work sure are snappy today. You'd think it is Monday rather than Friday. Fellow developer gets all pissed because "this was working yesterday and it isn't today". No shit, Sherlock, that was the code I had to rework yesterday, why don't you just calmly report that so I can look into it. I get that everyone is annoyed we had a database review for something that was finished, but we've been scrambling these past two weeks to get the web service and client adjusted for those changes, so you might as well consider everything broken. Not sure what that guy has been doing if he only notices 'working' code breaking now. 
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Just got back from the dentists. 3 full injections into the side of my mouth and around the wisdom tooth, and it cannot numb at all, one slight prod onto the nerve sent me into a fit of curse words.

Going to try root canal elsewhere next Friday, spending Valentine's day being stabbed by a woman. Knew it'd happen some day.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Same developer is now telling me my code is not optimally written and how he is going around all the code to make it better. Ok then dude, knock yourself out, as long as I don't have to fix it after you break it. Ugh, I hope he is just having a bad day, because someone like that is what made me leave my old job as I spent 8 hours a day listening to undeserved negative criticism. 
  • Morkarion said:
    Just got back from the dentists. 3 full injections into the side of my mouth and around the wisdom tooth, and it cannot numb at all, one slight prod onto the nerve sent me into a fit of curse words.

Going to try root canal elsewhere next Friday, spending Valentine's day being stabbed by a woman. Knew it'd happen some day.
    wait wait wait, root canal on wisdom tooth? That just sounds full of bad, have that sucker pulled. Also, if they could not numb it there are a couple of reasons that could have happened. 1.) they were just bad at giving injections, 2 really isn't enough from personal experience. 2.) If they were not bad and did do it right (the tooth next to it numb?), there is a good possibility there is an infection. Also know this from personal experience.

So little rant of my own on same subject. both my lower right molar teeth pulled Monday and I am more sore now than the day after it was done :(
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• edited February 2014
    When I had all my wisdom teeth pulled I almost died. I mean literal *death*. Good luck Mork. D:
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Seventeen people on my shift. All but three called in. Boss won't let the rest of us just go home.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Shaddus said:
    Seventeen people on my shift. All but three called in. Boss won't let the rest of us just go home.
    Ew.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Vivet said:
    Shaddus said:
    Ew.
    Monneeey monnneeey. Screw em. Shoulda let you guys slack off.  At my new factory job I just blare power metal, death metal, emo music, and rave music all day and watch as the nearby line gives me looks.
  • Munsia said:
    Vivet said:
    Shaddus said:
    Ew.
    Monneeey monnneeey. Screw em. Shoulda let you guys slack off.  At my new factory job I just blare power metal, death metal, emo music, and rave music all day and watch as the nearby line gives me looks.
    I should try that, lol. (I work as a tax accountant....might not got over so well).
    Stangmar - Retired