Simple Ideas

Comments

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Zouviqil said:
    Netzach gives +1 (weighted?) Charisma.

Put 282 lessons into Music and Skillchoice Select Shadowbeat. Congratulations, your base Charisma is now 18. For extra insult to injury, become a tailor and put in 25 lessons to tailoring so you have mending. Permabeg.

Correct on weighted. Incorrent on shadowbeat faeling having 18 cha. It's 17. If you want 18, you want a warbling trill.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Elanorwen said:
    Zouviqil said:
    Netzach gives +1 (weighted?) Charisma.

Put 282 lessons into Music and Skillchoice Select Shadowbeat. Congratulations, your base Charisma is now 18. For extra insult to injury, become a tailor and put in 25 lessons to tailoring so you have mending. Permabeg.

Correct on weighted. Incorrent on shadowbeat faeling having 18 cha. It's 17. If you want 18, you want a warbling trill.
    Thanks for the correction, will update it - I was writing it somewhere between 1 AM and 3:30 AM my time.
  • In Achaea, learning has been make much faster. Instead of going through the whole list of messages for each skill with each set of lessons learned in that skill, you experience the full list of messages for the first set of lessons and then the following lessons have a much much shorter version. I think it goes through two messages and the session is over. 

This would be wonderful here. It takes so long to learn when you buy credits. I've been learning for two days now because I can't be here for very long on a work day. 
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    You're learning in groups of 100 lessons right? You don't have to go by 15 anymore. Not that I'm opposed to the idea, just making sure you're not doing it the long way to begin with.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • Ahahaha, no. I thought we could only learn up to 15 at a time. I feel like an idiot. 

• Rami said:
    Ahahaha, no. I thought we could only learn up to 15 at a time. I feel like an idiot. 
    It is a fairly recent change I believe, and a lot of help scrolls still refer to 15 as the maximum, so don't feel bad :)
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Rialorm said:

Rami said:
    Ahahaha, no. I thought we could only learn up to 15 at a time. I feel like an idiot. 
    It is a fairly recent change I believe, and a lot of help scrolls still refer to 15 as the maximum, so don't feel bad :)
    If there any any proper help files (read: not orghelp files), message me with them and I'll fix them up.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • edited February 2014
    There's no easy way to implement that, because then you prohibit people from starting sentences with the word "To"

Edit: Totally read it wrong, I like this idea lots and lots!
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • edited February 2014

Huh? I'm asking for a new command, "SAYTO". Not to not let "SAY TO" only go through with a target.

EDIT for clarification:

I put SAYTO Tavon Hi Tavon, beautiful day today, isn't it?. If Tavon isn't in the room, you get a message that you don't see that person here (or whatever else it should say).

If I put SAY TO (note the space) Tavon Hi Tavon, beautiful day today, isn't it?, it has the same functionality that there currently is.

• You can already do that I think, Talan. If you use SAY TO <name> <stuff>, it targets the person. If you use 'To <name> <stuff>, it doesn't (last I tested, at least, which was... uh... many many years ago)
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    The issue is that if the person you're taking to walks out of the room, you end up with: Daraius says, "To talan yo dawg." The suggestion (which I want so bad) would bring says more in line with targeted emotes, which won't fire if your target is missing or you misspelled the name!
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Oh, I'm all in favour of the above idea. I just wanted to point out that it's already possible to do what Talan asks (to use SAY TO <name> without it actually targetting the name).
  • edited February 2014
    Ssaliss said:
    You can already do that I think, Talan. If you use SAY TO <name> <stuff>, it targets the person. If you use 'To <name> <stuff>, it doesn't (last I tested, at least, which was... uh... many many years ago)
    Please explain what you mean... capitalization doesn't seem to affect it.

7654h, 8280m, 12364e, 10p, 23380en, 27890w exk<>-(+175m, 2.1%) say To Aerys many things are true
    You say to Aerys, "Many things are true."
    7654h, 8105m, 12364e, 10p, 23400en, 27890w exk<>-(-175m, 2.1%) SAY TO AERYS many things are true
    You say to Aerys, "Many things are true."

The only way I can prevent this is if I add a comma after Aerys, and who has time for correct punctuation? There are other instances where a comma is not needed/not correct.

Edit: It occurs to me that what I want is for SAYTO to entirely replace SAY TO.

#NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    I think he means using an apostrophe in lieu of SAY.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • No, that doesn't seem to work either.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Huh. It did work when I used it, but as I said, that was several years ago. Things change, I guess.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    They're supposed to be identical, so that was likely an old bug.
  • With the weather system as it is, what are the chances of having clinging moved down in environment to somewhere more reasonable? Druids need to take you to their nest to make you an egg, and I keep getting blown out, breaking my legs (I know, I need levitate) and looking dumb.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Rialorm said:
    With the weather system as it is, what are the chances of having clinging moved down in environment to somewhere more reasonable? Druids need to take you to their nest to make you an egg, and I keep getting blown out, breaking my legs (I know, I need levitate) and looking dumb.
    I feel your pain, bro. I learnt early on it's better to sleep in trees underground. But yeah, if not for everyone, at least give the ability to cling in Acrobatics for bards. If we have the ability to climb trees, we should be able to stop falling out of them too.
    Retired.
  • edited February 2014
    This isn't exactly simple, but for the arena:

CHALLENGE (x) [as (race)] to see how you'd perform as a particular...wait for it...race!
    The Necromentate's mind opens to you, and a grotesque, demonic figure appears in your mind's eye, screaming in torment:
    "THE DEMON LORDS CAN NEVER TRULY BE KILLED - GREAT IS THEIR POWER."

You shock a platinum-coloured geomycus with tales of terror bestowed on villages who don't follow Magnagora.
    A platinum-coloured geomycus slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, Ptoma Hive should follow the Grand Empire of Magnagora after all!
    Shouts rise up from Ptoma Hive, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Empire of Magnagora.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    You can also just sleep on the ground! If you're worried about dreamweavers clever ones can get you in the trees anyways, so don't break your legs over it!
  • edited February 2014
    Enyalida said:
    You can also just sleep on the ground! If you're worried about dreamweavers clever ones can get you in the trees anyways, so don't break your legs over it!
    I did hear about a bug ages ago which people could exploit to get into trees, but I thought now there is no way to do so, unless more bug abuse. Do they follow you into the trees even?
    Retired.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    IIRC dreamweavers can dreamdrift, which is like a teleport to a specific target. I think it takes you to the target's elevation. It costs about 3p though.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Rivius said:
    IIRC dreamweavers can dreamdrift, which is like a teleport to a specific target. I think it takes you to the target's elevation. It costs about 3p though.
    I never understood why dreamweavers can't go in trees/air. It simply doesn't make much sense being that they are an incorporeal form that should be able to float up and down across elevations anyway.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Elanorwen said:
    Rivius said:
    I never understood why dreamweavers can't go in trees/air. It simply doesn't make much sense being that they are an incorporeal form that should be able to float up and down across elevations anyway.
    I thought of it as like their dreamforms are quite fragile and ethereal so they would get caught in the branches or trees, or blown away if in the air. Which made sense.

In that case then, how do you protect against dreamweavers.
    Retired.