Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Help! What do you do if you are a total idiot and submit a design that really really shouldn't be public as public? I have only discovered that I failed to set things correctly now that it's been approved :(
  • ZyphoraZyphora :: the sun in her splendour ::
    Tacita said:
    Help! What do you do if you are a total idiot and submit a design that really really shouldn't be public as public? I have only discovered that I failed to set things correctly now that it's been approved :(
    Message the Charites! And/or your favorite Patron maybe.

msg isune Help help SOS :(

I've messaged the Charites, thank you (and @Shaddus!) so much <3 I shall now be sheepishly cowering until it is fixed. Worst trademaster ever!
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Why guild hop when you can create an alt with a life expectancy roughly equal to that of a picked banana? I probably made seven or eight characters before deciding on staying with Tark. I think it was the name.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Tarkenton said:
    Why guild hop when you can create an alt with a life expectancy roughly equal to that of a picked banana? I probably made seven or eight characters before deciding on staying with Tark. I think it was the name.
    Story of my life.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    I've noticed that whenever I talk to established /important /acknowledged good rpers in character, I start feeling anxious and intimidated that I'm not doing a good enough job playing my part. Which is odd since I interact with enough bigwigs in my job that "important" people don't really faze me anymore.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Tarkenton said:

I've noticed that whenever I talk to established /important /acknowledged good rpers in character, I start feeling anxious and intimidated that I'm not doing a good enough job playing my part. Which is odd since I interact with enough bigwigs in my job that "important" people don't really faze me anymore.

I feel like this a lot since my last dormancy. Some combination of playing a character that's not immediately likable, not really knowing where I want him to go, and being generally bad at socializing irl cause me to sit around wondering "What do I have to talk about with so-and-so and how do I strike up a conversation?" More often than not I don't have answers so it becomes a cycle of non-development.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    *makes note to self to talk at Darius*
  • Existential crisis.  How do I be non-useless without a system?  How do I tackle the daunting, kafkaesque task of getting into combat after not playing MUDs for over a year?  Halp.

"A man's not dead while his name is still spoken."  - Terry Pratchett 1948-2015

• KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Tetra said:
    Existential crisis.  How do I be non-useless without a system?  How do I tackle the daunting, kafkaesque task of getting into combat after not playing MUDs for over a year?  Halp.
    Why not get a system? Celest will even help you out with it.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    There is also Medic! for a free, starter Mudlet system.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I'd been sitting on enough essence +buffer to buy second trade for weeks, but boy was it hard to finally spend the essence. I'm such a hoarder.

• Lavinya said:
    I'd been sitting on enough essence +buffer to buy second trade for weeks, but boy was it hard to finally spend the essence. I'm such a hoarder.
    its easier to get back the second time!
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Lavinya said:
    Tell me about it -.-
    This will be the third time! I was sidetracked into forming a cult last time. Third time's the charm, right?

• Lavinya said:
    This will be the third time! I was sidetracked into forming a cult last time. Third time's the charm, right?
    that is what they say :D Ari just dreams of being an avatar when she grows up some day, forget a cult, she's got Ixion for that lol
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Tetra said:

Existential crisis.  How do I be non-useless without a system?  How do I tackle the daunting, kafkaesque task of getting into combat after not playing MUDs for over a year?  Halp.

MOAR RP
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I am an idiot. I contest and win Celest Tattoo trademaster. So what do I immediately do? Classflex into Paladin...
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    For whatever reason, after talking with @Tarkenton, I have decided from hereon I shall call @Dramshanks Shanker-D.

For those who don't know, "to shank" is NYC slang (maybe elsewhere) for "to stab".

Congrats, Dramshanks, on your new name.

Tavon said:
    I am an idiot. I contest and win Celest Tattoo trademaster. So what do I immediately do? Classflex into Paladin...
    Fortunately, you can still do all the trademaster tasks while being flexed out of the trade!

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    edited February 2014
    Wyrden Potato no more.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Siam said:
    Wyrden Potato no more.
    You totally made me panic and check that you hadn't left Glom/the Harbs/the Order :((
  • Lavinya said:

Tavon said:
    I am an idiot. I contest and win Celest Tattoo trademaster. So what do I immediately do? Classflex into Paladin...
    Fortunately, you can still do all the trademaster tasks while being flexed out of the trade!
    If I was still a monk, yes. However, when I classflexed out of monk it kicked me out of the cartel. CARTELS CELEST.
  • Zouviqil said:
    For whatever reason, after talking with @Tarkenton, I have decided from hereon I shall call @Dramshanks Shanker-D.

For those who don't know, "to shank" is NYC slang (maybe elsewhere) for "to stab".

Oh look honey, the witches are getting all stabby.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Lavinya said:

Tavon said:
    Mmhmm, ask Faragan if you don't believe us, he was Trademaster of 3... or was it 4... of the Celest city cartels
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Zouviqil said:

Oh look honey, the witches are getting all stabby.

I AM SO PROUD.

• Kagato said:
    Lavinya said:

Tavon said:
    Mmhmm, ask Faragan if you don't believe us, he was Trademaster of 3... or was it 4... of the Celest city cartels
    I believe you normally. However, I believe it works differently for the class-gated tradeskills (forging and tattoos) for city cartels. Like I said, just do CARTELS CELEST.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    If memory serves in regards to city/commune cartels, you need the trade skill to be in them. If you don't have the trade skill, you're not in the cartel, thus you cannot be its trademaster. You can't keep tattoos while flexed to any class other than a monk, so you lose the cartel.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.

• Siam said:
    Wyrden Potato no more.
    I beg to differ:

-- Shop info for The Wyrden Potato ------------------------------
    Owner:                                            (open)
         Siam Star-eyes

This discussion has been closed.