Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    They probably won't be our enemies forever.

I'd rather my future allies not be terrible melders.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    That's asking a bit much.
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Note to self, LOOK THROUGH PORTAL is your friend. So awkward.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    @Munsia, @Silvanus - sorry if it seemed like I was being snarky. I definitely wasn't! :) It was an attempt at a joke(Alcoholics Anonymous) gone wrong. :(

@Tacita! Why are you revealing our secret weapons @Yartih and @Haezon?! :((

Just kidding though. :) Yarith's still gathering his buffer so I didn't list him on there as it might make him a target for some not so nice  people. And Haezon, when I heard he plays on Telnet but still jumps in for defences, I was extremely happy. :)
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited April 2014
    Tacita said:
    Note to self, LOOK THROUGH PORTAL is your friend. So awkward.

Siam said:
    @Tacita! Why are you revealing our secret weapons @Yartih and @Haezon?! :((

She walked into Carakhan's fulcrux and interrupted our storytime! /pitchfork

Not really though....
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    edited April 2014
    I was bored and made a list of artifacts ordered by price on Google Documents.

Anyone may feel free to copy this list and put it into a document of their own. I might have missed a few artifacts. Sorry if I did. They're only the credit ones, whips excluded. (edit: as in, only credit items, not dingbat ones, and I have left out the whips, which I know cost credits.)

Hope someone finds my idle boredom useful!
    edited April 2014
    LAG.

I will end you, whoever stripped Glom. of herbs
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    And here I thought my vapors/vestiphobia hexes were getting revealed publicly.  Dodged a bullet there.
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Siam said:
    LAG.

Honestly, it's much more likely that it simply hasn't been replanted since hibernation. If that happens enough times, no herbs. It's much more likely neglect on the part of herbalists at large than maliciousness (I freely admit to being amongst the lazy herbalists, I probably only remember to replant things once for every three or four times I flex Herbs, and I'm not Herbs very often! Though now I'm flexing EG that's different, so I will try and do more now).
    Tacita said:
    Siam said:
    LAG.

Honestly, it's much more likely that it simply hasn't been replanted since hibernation. If that happens enough times, no herbs. It's much more likely neglect on the part of herbalists at large than maliciousness (I freely admit to being amongst the lazy herbalists, I probably only remember to replant things once for every three or four times I flex Herbs, and I'm not Herbs very often! Though now I'm flexing EG that's different, so I will try and do more now).
    I remember just a few weeks ago when we had that large fire in Glom that herbs were still plentiful that time. Is it really possible for herbs to just...disappear even if it's past hibernation already? 

#bringShikariback 

• They should let Ecologists renew herbs using powerstone power. I'd replant all of the places all of the time.
  • A few weeks ago, you say? Herbs hibernate every 12.5 days or so.

It's also likely that some young herbalist(s) just doesn't know any better than to take all the plants.

Yeah. I was just so surprised to see Glom so barren. I'm used to plants spam on QL.

#bringShikariback 

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    If you're going to send our CL letters about neutrality and what-not, it might be a good idea to stop raiding our planes and killing our non-com citizens on said planes. Just saying, it might help us decide to listen to the letter you wrote.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Um.  Hallifax is neutral..?
    Xenthos said:
    We're not at war with two of the organizations we fight for domoths and suchlike. Unless something has changed and someone has decided to declare war without mentioning it to us. Either way, someone did send @Maellio a letter about how we should try and be neutral... and then went and raided Air a few times. Just saying that it doesn't make us amenable to requests about neutrality coming from said individual.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    Elanorwen said:
    Xenthos said:
    We're not at war with two of the organizations we fight for domoths and suchlike. Unless something has changed and someone has decided to declare war without mentioning it to us. Either way, someone did send @Maellio a letter about how we should try and be neutral... and then went and raided Air a few times. Just saying that it doesn't make us amenable to requests about neutrality coming from said individual.
    Hallifaxian citizens have been raiding Ethereal Glomdoring at the very least, so unless you're at war with Glomdoring and not Gaudiguch now I think you might be a little off with your count.

War isn't "declared" in Lusternia, it is how members of each organization deal with each other.  Consistent raiding and assaults on other organizations' territory is kind of how a modern-day Lusternian war works. :P
    I imagine whomever it was is operating by the belief that if you are not willing to restrain individuals, why should he / she restrain him / herself?  I don't even know who it is, or even really care (except that technically they should not be sending letters on behalf of Glomdoring unless it is one of a very small collection of people, none of whom I see doing this).  Hallifax has pretty much declared its position on any number of fronts at this point, and it certainly is not one of neutrality.
    Xenthos said:
    I imagine whomever it was is operating by the belief that if you are not willing to restrain individuals, why should he / she restrain him / herself?  I don't even know who it is, or even really care (except that technically they should not be sending letters on behalf of Glomdoring unless it is one of a very small collection of people, none of whom I see doing this).  Hallifax has pretty much declared its position on any number of fronts at this point, and it certainly is not one of neutrality.
    I never said it was Glomdoring now, did I?

Elanorwen said:
    Xenthos said:
    I never said it was Glomdoring now, did I?
    I suppose I was giving Hallifax the benefit of the doubt and hoping that its citizens were not also going out antagonizing Magnagora as well.  I am left shaking my head at why you feel there is any neutrality left to cling to here, though, if your members are going after both organizations you are not "at war" with. :p
  • The official position of Hallifax is Neutrality, but people are getting hung up on the definition of what that is. Most people read it as "We'll leave you alone, you leave us alone" where as the position in Hallifax [and the one that Mael defends when asked] is "We have no opinion or position on you, so our citizens are allowed to do as they like individually". 

So Halli doesn't retrain individuals from doing as they like with Glom or Mag, but likewise unless either of them officially declares War Halli doesn't hold the actions of the individual against the organization. If you wanted normal neutrality then you'd want something closer to a NAP or other Treaty.

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

Xenthos said:
    I suppose I was giving Hallifax the benefit of the doubt and hoping that its citizens were not also going out antagonizing Magnagora as well.  I am left shaking my head at why you feel there is any neutrality left to cling to here, though, if your members are going after both organizations you are not "at war" with. :p
    Never said anyone was antagonizing anyone else either. We just received the letter. Far as I'm aware, the Earth Lords and the demons on Nil haven't been attacked by a Hallifax citizen in months (Or at least not as an initiation on our part, it's a retaliatory strike). You're still assuming too much and clearly missing the point. Either that or being a troll, and thus this discussion is over.

Elanorwen said:
    Xenthos said:
    Never said anyone was antagonizing anyone else either. We just received the letter. Far as I'm aware, the Earth Lords and the demons on Nil haven't been attacked by a Hallifax citizen in months (Or at least not as an initiation on our part, it's a retaliatory strike). You're still assuming too much and clearly missing the point. Either that or being a troll, and thus this discussion is over.
     I feel like you are the one missing the point here; Hallifax is very clearly not neutral.  Neutrality does not involve regular and repeated attacking and murdering of citizens in another organization.  That is a much more aggressive position.

Maellio appears to be stating that Hallifax has "redefined" what neutrality means, which is all well and good for Hallifax, but it's not neutrality as far as the rest of us are concerned.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    edited April 2014
    @Elanorwen: You can't have your cake and eat it too

You don't get to complain about numbers never being in your favor then get snarky when other people make comments

You don't get to complain about skills and skillsets that you consider OP/lame then claim we're 'belittling' you for using things we consider lame

You don't get to sit here and claim the moral highground, then complain when we do the same exact thing back to you. 

You want to talk about growing up, You act like an preteen angry at their parents half the time. I mean, I've never spitted in some lowbie debaters face because he called in the big guns on you, but yet, you'll run from me in a debate if you hit yellow unless you got your Halkyrie buddies backing you up. You won't fight me by myself, but you'll go gank people in the Hives and claim that you're "honourable." You pretty much justify everything you do, yet condemn the people doing the same thing back to you. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Xenthos said:

Elanorwen said:
    Xenthos said:
     I feel like you are the one missing the point here; Hallifax is very clearly not neutral.  Neutrality does not involve regular and repeated attacking and murdering of citizens in another organization.  That is a much more aggressive position.

Maellio appears to be stating that Hallifax has "redefined" what neutrality means, which is all well and good for Hallifax, but it's not neutrality as far as the rest of us are concerned.

Ladies, ladies. You're all beautiful.

But really, Xenthos is right. Hallifax is definitely not neutral in the normal sense, I usually go with "Indifferent" when prompted. 

I'd love if we were universally neutral and only attacked/fought during normal PvP things like revolts/domoths/whatevers but it's not going to happen. As while we could enforce internally a more neutral stance, with complaints from combatants aside, we can't do jack about telling the 'other side' not to just keep on keeping on. Neutral in a conflict game like this has to be a mutually agree'd on thing, it basically needs a treaty to work [and yay for more paperwork, let me tell you]

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

Synkarin said:
    @Elanorwen: You can't have your cake and eat it too

Dear me... is it getting hot in here? Enough with the flirting, already!

This discussion has been closed.