Artifact Ideas

Comments

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Chocolate or honey?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    As far as I am concerned, chocolate > honey.  Mmm, chocolate.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Xenthos said:
    As far as I am concerned, chocolate > honey.  Mmm, chocolate.
    Chocolates filled with honey. Yum!
  • NO.
    HONEY. 
    BEARS MUST HAVE HONEY. RAAWR.

(though chocolate could be nice, too. A chocolate pot, and a honey pot, and a cream pot, and a caramel pot etc)
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Anita said:
    NO.
    HONEY. 
    BEARS MUST HAVE HONEY. RAAWR.

(though chocolate could be nice, too. A chocolate pot, and a honey pot, and a cream pot, and a caramel pot etc)
    I'd personally love a caramel machine that requires you to put sugar in to get caramel. As for the cream, perhaps a bottle of cream.
  • Here's a different question: what non-rune artifacts that are currently available do you want (or are popular)?
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Estarra said:
    Here's a different question: what non-rune artifacts that are currently available do you want (or are popular)?
    Air Censer... or a Censer that can attune to my org. :/

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Yes. Censers!

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Turnus said:
    Yes. Censers!
    *brandish 1.3k creds* >.> <.<

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • A resetting present box. Works like a regular present, ie. UNWRAP <present> but is permanent and resets to the owner. Does not change ownership of artifacts inside, but does auto inrift things when you open it.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    I know it's not at all popular, but I reaaaaally want a Gaudy Glamrock.

And a Font/Mark, but lol @ them prices.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Yeah, the prices on those are too high for what they do. I'd so pay ~50-75 dingbats for a font though, if I could get it customized to a dead god! 

Also, Censers. @Saran outbid me on the last forest censer.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    You should be able to touch a mark/font/symbol at a master shrine to tune it to that shrine.

/nudge Estarra
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Echoing Eritheyl and Enyalida,

I would love a font/mark/symbol, but they are way to over priced for me as they would be more of a pretty thing to sit in my inv.

No Auseklis custom stuffs, /sniffle
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Estarra said:
    Here's a different question: what non-rune artifacts that are currently available do you want (or are popular)?
    Gilded Cage.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

What does that one do, again?
  • The gilded cage doubles the amount of time you have to use shifted damage from Damageshift, and I think increases it by... 10%? ... Or was that increases the amount of time you have to use it by 50%?
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Seconding the Gaudi glamrock, I hate how filled up my appearance is with artifacts and things that I can't hide. But it's way too overpriced.

Likewise for mana of the gods, and tailoring shears. I don't think I'd get the use out of them to justify buying my own.

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Lavinya said:
    Seconding the Gaudi glamrock, I hate how filled up my appearance is with artifacts and things that I can't hide. But it's way too overpriced.
    I don't mind the price, but what I do mind is that the ensembles only last for five days. No reason they shouldn't last longer, or even for forever :(
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Eritheyl said:
    Lavinya said:
    I don't mind the price, but what I do mind is that the ensembles only last for five days. No reason they shouldn't last longer, or even for forever :(
    I think it's to ensure that you still have reason to get clothes... which is silly and stupid, because people can't look at the things you are wearing on your couture unless you are actually wearing them at that moment anyways. I stopped playing with mine because it's too much of a pain to take everything off, get things just so, then get everything back on again, only to have to do it again that soon. If you have limited play time, it's simply not long enough at all.

Though to answer the question @Estarra asked: More Boots of Shanth!
  • [brokenrecordmode]
    Chaos Hamster Plushie
    [/brokenrecordmode]
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited May 2014
    Hrm. I'd want a cubix, a censer, a ur'stone, lirangshan mist, divine manna and a kaleidoscopic telescope. One can dream!
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Censer
    Boots of shanty
    Mass rune
    Chaos hamster
    Telescope

I know most have been said but I figure echoing only improves chances

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Don't some of those (telescope, ur'stone, manna) already exist in regular sale form?

I thought the question was "Which artifacts exist that you can't purchase regularly" If we're talking about ideas for a gold auction then pliers. Pliers, pliers, pliers.

Also the gilded cage gives you damage shift if you don't have it, if you do have it, it lasts double duration and increases damage from DS by 10%.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Karlach said:
    Don't some of those (telescope, ur'stone, manna) already exist in regular sale form?

I thought the question was "Which artifacts exist that you can't purchase regularly" If we're talking about ideas for a gold auction then pliers. Pliers, pliers, pliers.
    Estarra said:
    I thought currently available as in exist, not "currently for sale" disregard previous comment.

Still would like a gilded cage though. Annoyed that the telescope and ur'stone went to general sale after the last auction, but not that.

• I want a manse artifact that turns a non-ship manse portable. Like, instead of being at the 'Plex, it's only accessible from the manse. I was thinking something like a miniature dirigible, sorta like the hot air balloon, except there's a house in there. It could be sold as a separate manse, so an existing one couldn't be linked, or have a limit on number of rooms or artifacts, etc. Also probably Prime-only and same restrictions as going into the editor, etc.

Skye drops a miniature dirigible.
    As the dirigible leaves Skye's hands, it floats into the air, expanding rapidly.It reaches full size and a ladder drops towards the earth.

I dunno. 'd be fun.
  • Estarra said:
    Cubix, doctoral tam, cameo, specs, needle (probably most trade stuff generally speaking). I'm sure there are more. My immediate goals are all runes so didn't list those. 

Thing is for me that they cost so much by themselves I don't feel comfortable dropping that much money on them, let alone that I couldn't even afford to do that. Like probably many people I just save up my subscription credits and wait. I do really hope you are asking about this in preparation for an artifact auction, because I'd be interested in that. Also for runes, pipe rune set was my first ever purchase for example.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    All the trade-skill things would definitely be good (some of them are pretty over-priced for what they do, but many people like buffing up their trade skill things).

As mentioned, the cameo / cubix / circlet are kind of staples of long-term work to aim for.

Some other options might include: Curio crates, Pliers, Paradox pyramid puzzle, Gem of cloaking (this one is generally very popular, it is one of the first artifacts purchased; I'd speculate if you checked, you'd find a large percentage with this specific artifact), Spectacles of clairvoyance, Powerplex jewels (great thing about these is that you can always have more!), Dose of Relative Dimensional Liquefication / Drop of Extraspatial Aethersource / Dimensional anomaly (expanding rift space is definitely useful), Doctoral Cord / Tam, Kaleidoscopic telescope (who does not love spamming everyone with scry messages), the elemental rings that resist getting moved around (fire/water/earth/air), Scroll of laurels, ur'Stone of Cankermore, Manna of the gods (this one is also very popular I believe), and then the Font/Symbol of the Gods and the Mark of the Devoted Servant (these are a bit costly, but people tend to love them).